ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Freesat - USB port?

Fiat Panda 100hp
Hello. I recently setup my new TV and found that I cannot get any freeview channels in my area, which is shocking considering I live in the middle of Nottingham, anyway I bought freesat at it works great.

Noticed that it has a USB port on the back, plugged in my flash drive but nothing has happened. Anyone know what the port is for? External HDDs etc would be quality.

Thanks.

Iceburg 172FF
most likely updating firmware or something I woulda thought, doesnt it say in the manual?

Megane Mk4
I'm sure they get software updated via USB at the factory when built, then becomes redundant after it's been installed as it then gets it's hardware updates over the air from the signal..

Could be wrong though.

Black Gold 182 FF
The Humax Freesat box says this, they are probably all built to a similar spec.

What is the USB port for?
The USB connection is used for Software updates in the factory or Service Centre; customers will receive all new software updates will be broadcast OTA (Over the Air) automatically.

:)

Clio 197 F1 & 911 C2S
On the other hand, the Ethernet port will allow for iPlayer support come October, and could also be used for media streaming depending on the manufacturer.

I've just got back from IFA and Humax was showing off its PVR Freesat box, which looks pretty interesting. If anyone is going to throw media streaming into the mix, it will be Humax - but there's no guarentee of course.

Fiat Panda 100hp
On the other hand, the Ethernet port will allow for iPlayer support come October, and could also be used for media streaming depending on the manufacturer.

I've just got back from IFA and Humax was showing off its PVR Freesat box, which looks pretty interesting. If anyone is going to throw media streaming into the mix, it will be Humax - but there's no guarentee of course.

I have a Humax, this one, media streaming would be so cool.

1998 BMW e46 323i
I've got the Foxsat HD, and like said above, it'll be used for iplayer/network connectivity. Soon hopefully

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member

Sounds interesting, love our Humax 9200 so when we get round to getting an LCD/Plasma I'll be looking for a Freesat box to take advantage of the HD stuff. We've got a sky dish up from the previous owners of the house so think that can be used?

Clio 197 F1 & 911 C2S
That's the key to Freesat - so many people move into houses that already have dishes installed, I did.

I've just moved my Sky HD box from one end of my house to the other, but I've kept the cables live in the first room, and will be throwing a Freesat TV in there :)