ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Free BHP!!!

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
I like to see these sorts of threads. I may do it if I ever do a track day.

I’m not sure of the specific weight of petrol but I know its close to water so (think it’s a bit lighter), if you run a quarter tank say 10 litres that going to be about 25kg less than a full tank!

B

Bucko

Wow, Hamilton best watch his back now. I'd have no chance against him though cus i still have back seats...

Golf
Would it be worth taking out the back seats for track day use then putting them back in afterwards or would a be wasting me time, dont want to take them out permanetly

GP2
Should of said Paul, I've got an engine cover - could have been your for a good price!!

Stripped FTW - makes it feel faster ;)

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
Would it be worth taking out the back seats for track day use then putting them back in afterwards or would a be wasting me time, dont want to take them out permanetly
Yeah I would think so.

Id do it a few days before as taking stuff out will alter the weight distribution of the car and make it (slightly at least) handle different. So doing it a few days before had would allow you to notice any changes

Fiat Punto GT
Nice work.

I wish I weighed all the stuff I took out of my GT. It must be so much lighter than it was. There is nothing left!

1.6 16v without an engine
pfft thats nothing that... =)

ive got a pic on my fone of my clio when i stripped it out... took EVERYTHING out... ill get it up later on =)

Fiat Punto GT
New_GT213.jpg

New_GT214.jpg

Here's my GT.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Yes i'd imagine so, but mines not stripped, i've just removed the seats so i can carry stuff.

P.S nothings for sale!!!

1.8 8v RSi
hmmmm....ive been driving round 2 yrs in this car with it stripped in the back and not told the insurance company because i didnt know you had to.... its not really moddifying so why would it matter?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
It's changing it from it's orginal spec. So it's modified, but all the seats and rear carpets etc come out anyway, so IMO are designhed to come out.

172//Crap Micra//Bus
pfft... even 265kg is half hearted really imo!!

As mine is off the road for a while, mine will start soon... only looking to bring it down to a tonne! Space framing is tempting tho!! My only major issue, will be how high the back will sit, till I can afford the coileys :(

aaah all half hearted efforts .lol....... ive removed 265 kilos from my car !.

Dave

blimey you must have really noticed that performance wise?

oh yes
standard zs 180
175 bhp 1235 kilos = 144 bhp/ton

my zs 180
212 bhp 975 kilos = 221 bhp/ton
planning on an engine conversion shortly that will give an easy 300 bhp and reduce weight 30 kilos .Should shift a bit, lol.

Dave

"what have i removed "
pretty much everything really!
most is free weight saved but i have a lightweight racing battery ,carbon fibre seat ,poly windows ,lightweight wheels etc .Weight has been verified on local scrappys weighbridge more than once.

ill be on track at donington this weekend if anyone wants a look or fancies their chances against a rover 45 ,lol.
I think Markcups trying to avoid me !

Dave

p.s conneh
i probably know a little more about zs and their engines than you .Kv6 in the zs 180 does not suffer hgf .The k4 in the zr , zs 120 , elise , caterham etc is the one with a reputation for hgf .

lose.

Last edited: