ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Frayz's 550bhp+ Prodrive edition Impreza build...

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Bonnet requires polishing, final fitting and a number plate but I think she looks pretty hardcore now. :)

46eec9ae.jpg

ee1062f6.jpg

39efee25.jpg

Clio 172 Cup
Here ya go lads, vid was taken on my iPhone, so not the best but you get the idea. This is a 576bhp dyno pull.

We actually had abort a run that was 581bhp and climbing as it was getting a bit too near the mark lol

HOLY MOLY that brutal on boost!! Reminds me of my Skyline days awwww memories lol

Last edited by a moderator:

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Got a new addition for the car today.
4ltr Lifeline fully plumbed in extinguisher. This is in addition to the 2.25ltr handheld extinguisher in front of the passenger seat.

c0c71f9d.jpg

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
I've been following this thread for a while. Love it! Big credit for yourself!

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Some of you know the inside is having a few changes and a freshen up. First to arrive is an all new bespoke made gauge pod for the dash top that aims 3 meter at the driver.
This has been made from the original clock housing so fitment is OEM.

712260dd.jpg

e05a9236.jpg

52336b38.jpg

View from my drivers seat.

e6584763.jpg

My previous flocked carbon one is for sale.

ab7cf860.jpg

Not a 320d
God I love the bug eye. This is a cracking example, the sound is mental too.

Not sure on the wheels colour, but theyre nice non the less. Personally id be having clean silver or anthrashite.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Missed the last few updates. Interior's looking great.

And I'm not sure how black and gold is worse than black and anthrashite? That combination's beautiful IMO.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Gold wheels are a big no no on almost all cars. The Williams and the Subarus are about the only 2 that can pull them off with the exception of a split BBS rim on a well styled ride.
Ive often thought about swapping the wheel colour, but as the car is i quite like them. The Black/Gold works well and the Turinis suit the car as theyre a genuine group N wheel.
I think silver would be too bland, anthracite might work, white would look sh1te and black would be probably too Darth Vader.

It needs something to break it up a little and i think the gold helps. Under the bonnet there is the red manifold and under the car is mainly purple and yellow due to the KW items, although these arnt seen.

The interior will be going even blacker soon as i plan on doing all my headlining black aswell as the trims and the rollcage will be satin black too.

Target is "Purposeful" looking lol :)

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
A couple of my parts needed reflocking after 6 years but in fear of a poor colour match on the new VS old I decided to rip it all out and start again.

Also a nice opportunity to tidy wiring and run the extinguisher pipework with the dash now out of the way. :)

737862e9.jpg

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Spent the morning tidying up wiring and generally making parts cleaner to use and nicer to get to should I need to at a later date.
Also got the tank bolted up. I went to get a nice bulkhead fitting today which will allow me to do all the plumbing in the car while the dash is out. Then I can pop the scuttle panel off and plumb in the nozzles whenever I want.

b9ccf237.jpg

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Extinguisher all plumbed in cabin side, bracket made and cable fitted.

605c991a.jpg

3c0a9322.jpg

Also the second of my interior pieces is nearly done. Still in primer, but fits nice.

f5cd8ab1.jpg

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Fire suppression system now complete. Jets are hidden in the scuttle. One directed at the turbo side and one at my fuel side.
Can barely even notice its there. :)

f93a24e0.jpg

d980989d.jpg

Now spot the jets :)

26837e3a.jpg

b9dc10a0.jpg

c9af68e4.jpg

Out of sight and hopefully never to be required.

da8eb5c3.jpg

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Little update of the vent pod.

First design had the meters sunk in and all ran at a gradual slope bias the driver.
This looked okay but wasn't that great to look at from the drivers seat.

It looked like this.

35e50d7d.jpg

4b710c1c.jpg

So then I had the idea of pulling them further out and now individually bias to the driver.

91088ad7.jpg

So now we have prototype #2 and with indevidual hoods is shaping up like this.

650b0107.jpg

I'll try this in the car before going any further but it should be much better to view.
If its going to be made bespoke, might as well get it right. :)

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Dropped the front end underpinnings off for a jolly up last night.
Some parts have gone for powdercoat others I've freshened up with paint.

Lower arms off
955d3995.jpg

Lower arms cleaned and rebuilt with new poly bushes.
c39eee9f.jpg

Crash brace got a coat of satin black before it goes back on.
29b3751e.jpg

Also my vent pod I taking shape and more resembles the dash pod so they match :)
d2a278c0.jpg

Have you not thought about leaving the crash var off Frayz? Spec C's don't run them. Great to come across the build on here, loved it when i was on scoobynet with my old car. Thought you were trying to sell it though?

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Hi mate.

Yes it would be easier and lighter to leave it off but Subaru put it there to reinforce the front of the car during a collision and it's helps tie everything together. I think the car is of more benefit with it than without.

Cheers for the kind words :)

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Big thanks guys, kind words indeed.

Droplinks now on with sleeker hardware to give clearance under droop.
It's all looking rather "Purpellow" under here. Lol.

3d82b79d.jpg

0d822fec.jpg

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Also treated the 182 to some love today.
Her Turinis have had a gloss black colour change with new Federal RSRs and discs & pads.

Even treated the old girl to a wash :)

95d0063b.jpg

95bab976.jpg

9c4bac97.jpg