ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Frayz's 550bhp+ Prodrive edition Impreza build...

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Doing it just for giggles.

I'm a massive WRC fan, always loved the S7/8 cars from the 2001/2002 era so why not build one.
Totally and completely unique in its design and setup.
I want a 911 but I'm not finished with this yet.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I'm a massive WRC fan, always loved the S7/8 cars from the 2001/2002 era so why not build one.
Totally and completely unique in its design and setup.

Absolutely. the '01 season was incredible, sadly I never got to go to the WRC back then, just had to watch it on the telly instead. I really did miss the golden era of the WRC.
368_burns.jpg

Such a great shame that the two men responsible for making that season so great are no longer with us. :weary:

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Not a fill in job. However when genuine active competition cars come in for repair then they take priority as they will be due out on stage.
So in those cases mine has to wait and I respect that.
Fully understand mate.

It drives me mad if i can't drive mine for a month or two....😂

Oh if theirs any bits you decide to sell that may suit me then please give my a pm mate. :smiley:

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
MOAR!!!!!!

99% of the metal fabrication done now on her rear flares and tubs. Next job will be snagging and rear bumper alignment before laying up the rear doors.

23FA5AB7-2965-4D31-80D0-188DA7C67836_zps2k8xs2ca.jpg

0E5AACBC-6D18-45E6-B111-A103A89E9342_zpsckna8f9b.jpg

D90B0E85-E71C-4592-8394-8E318D27DA5F_zpsdztll6jj.jpg

0AD62C00-5A1B-40A0-AC78-83D5CC54880E_zpswmsnqed8.jpg

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Cheeky mock up using an S9 rear door looks promising.
Daves now got the painstaking task of making the rear doors flares & returns from scratch, good job he's not bad at the metal lark.
Can't use the doors he already made as the S9 onwards used wagon rear doors with a higher latched strike pin. This allowed for larger wheel clearance when the rear wheels were bought even further forward on the S9 onwards. As it is the S7/8 brings them further 15mm to standard.

C7786A49-E573-45FB-93B1-2540A457F333_zpshdngczls.jpg

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
I know that, well I didn't know it was that but you get my gist! I as much as you want to see it finished lol.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I guess we haven't had any updates because your out road testing it? [emoji6]

Come on man, anything more been done to the beast? [emoji41]

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
Hope it's not a case of ambition, then looking back at the car with a beer and thinking "I didn't think this through" :smiley:
Was such a sorted car even to start with!

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
Wasn't he getting married or something?. He may be on a looooong holiday. Hopefully he's still building it. Be a shame to stop

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
He is married and I hear through the grape vine that he now owns a green Porsche GT4?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Hope it's not a case of ambition, then looking back at the car with a beer and thinking "I didn't think this through" :smiley:
Was such a sorted car even to start with!
Yes mate it was a beast, 550hp and bags of torque. It was an epic road car, problem is now it maybe has gone to far as a road car and it would also be a bloody expensive one too.