ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Forza Motorsport 7

Kawasaki ER6N
Have only really been playing this since yesterday and that’s the day the patch came out for pc so not sure how the gameplay was before but it’s super smooth now. Opened up the second championship thing this morning and played the spa endurance in the corvette and my god that’s a workout on a wheel for an hours race so much more involving than using a pad in previous Forzas.

A shot from the race earlier chasing down the leader.

1A136D47-7E0D-404E-9345-D636534E73EE.jpeg

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
I caved in and got it last week as well. Still not sure whats so great about it over the previous games.

Most annoying feature is not being able to jump straight into a test drive from the tuning/upgrade menu, Not to mention the ridiculous loading times.

Don't get the car tier thing either, Guess its a way to get people to play the single player to unlock stuff they w**k i guess

Kawasaki ER6N
One thing I have no idea about but haven’t really looked into it is the homologising you have to do with cars. Seems most upgrades are pointless as you can’t even put a race exhaust on the Clio 200 without it going out of class.

It’s to stop people building an A-class car and using that and only that for every A-class event.

The idea is that you race a “type” of car and that type has various restrictions to keep it that type. I hated it at first, but I’ve grown to like it.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah the homologation basically give the cars a certain PI limit. When you get cars through level ups etc it'll come pre homologated but you can restore to default and put a few of your own upgrades on but in most cases you'll only get a few on before going over the PI limit. Suspension upgrades is usually my go to purely for the tuning factor. Race ARB rarely adds much PI too, things like exhaust can hike it up quite a bit so you might get that on a stock Clio but doubt there would be much room for anything else in the homologation class.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Has anyone else had this glitch.
I was playing career yesterday and up pops an achievement - 100 laps of multiplayer.
I havent played multiplayer and dont even have Xbox Gold.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Im not going to buy Xbox gold either I dont think. Its rare to get a race in multiplayer where you dont get rammed off.
How are people finding multiplayer in terms of sporting driving ?

Ciio 200
Has anyone else had this glitch.
I was playing career yesterday and up pops an achievement - 100 laps of multiplayer.
I havent played multiplayer and dont even have Xbox Gold.

I got that too over the weekend whilst starting the single player campaign. I haven't touched Multiplayer. All I've done is the intro races, the Road America Indycar rivals event, a few freeplay races and two series in the first tier of the campaign (Long races). I think it just counts your total laps - night and rain races look to be the same too.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Have only really been playing this since yesterday and that’s the day the patch came out for pc so not sure how the gameplay was before but it’s super smooth now. Opened up the second championship thing this morning and played the spa endurance in the corvette and my god that’s a workout on a wheel for an hours race so much more involving than using a pad in previous Forzas.

A shot from the race earlier chasing down the leader.

View attachment 1343549

I've done this race already at the default lap count. However, it can be made into a proper enduro (Theres an achievement for it). Brings the total race time close to 3 hours. Think I'll give it a go this weekend.

Kawasaki ER6N
I've done this race already at the default lap count. However, it can be made into a proper enduro (Theres an achievement for it). Brings the total race time close to 3 hours. Think I'll give it a go this weekend.
With a force feedback wheel my arms would drop off lol.

Kawasaki ER6N
The wheel makes it a much more enjoyable experience I have found. Tried forza 6 too and the feel is much better on 7. If there are any offers for the G920 I would recommend it.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I've thought about a wheel set up before the problem with me is I enjoy playing from the comfort of the sofa. I think a gaming seat and wheel set up would make it feel too serious for my enjoyment. Plus I'm pretty quick with a pad now I think it would be a right chore learning to use a wheel. The trigger feedback and rumble on the edge of grip with a pad at least helps a bit with the immersion.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
The wheel makes it a much more enjoyable experience I have found. Tried forza 6 too and the feel is much better on 7. If there are any offers for the G920 I would recommend it.
Seriously thinking about it. but have to get a stand too and thats another 110

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
I've thought about a wheel set up before the problem with me is I enjoy playing from the comfort of the sofa. I think a gaming seat and wheel set up would make it feel too serious for my enjoyment. Plus I'm pretty quick with a pad now I think it would be a right chore learning to use a wheel. The trigger feedback and rumble on the edge of grip with a pad at least helps a bit with the immersion.
Cant you drive then?!

Kawasaki ER6N
I use a wheel stand pro v2 think it was £90 on eBay and for the money it’s fantastic it doesn’t look much but the build quality is amazing. You can use this with a sofa if you wanted. I just have a chair I sit in when using it so no racing seat for me.

The best experience I have had was in an online race around Suzuka in the rain. When the car goes over the standing water you feel the wheel go light as the car aquaplanes exactly as it feels in real life. When the back steps out under braking/cornering you feel the momentum and the feedback from the wheel change. It’s a joy to balance the car and when you get it right it is very rewarding.

I was pretty quick with a pad and will admit at times I am slower using a wheel now but it’s a learning curve. The fact you can be very smooth and progressive with the steering and accelerator etc means you will surely be faster with practise.

Drifting on the other hand is a nightmare. As instead of just flicking a stick to add a dab of opposite lock you have to spin the wheel a lot. That will take a lot of getting used to.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Spend half my time pissing about in photo mode. If I concentrated on the racing I might even get some half decent times [emoji23]

99701bcd95211b5861bdda39d731e0fb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kawasaki ER6N
I must admit I spend rather a lot of time in photo mode too. Game looks gorgeous on pc not even tried on Xbox lol.

This is me chasing down Chris172cup’s drivatar. He always seems to be near the front.

026B98AA-1AEB-4F9D-B289-0F5682D64744.jpeg

Reactions: Gus

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
1510500632331203482478.jpg

I've managed to get a little over half way in career mode. It's starting to feel a bit like grinding though.

SQ5
Are there more races added as you compete a certain amount on each championship? I did think there wasn’t many!

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Are there more races added as you compete a certain amount on each championship? I did think there wasn’t many!
I havent noticed any extra races get added on which is a shame.

Im finding the first 3 championships are really boring in comparison to the last championship, all slow cars.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
My Xbox decided it would just delete the full game from my console the other night! Still not been arsed to download it again but luckily I had downloaded it on my PC on release day too, so I've jumped onto that now and it's so much better! No idea why I've been playing it on my Xbox when I have a PC capable enough to run it on Ultra...so much slicker and running a constant 60fps.

Loving the BMW 1 series BTCC car so far. On my second race series with it now. Could do with getting better with the camera but got a few pics I thought were quite cool anyway.

Got a little bit sideways in this one...
d733633c-1076-4078-adac-3bb00c60b8ae.jpg

And in true BTCC style... full commitment in the corners LOL
ebd8a9ae-b088-4041-bbc1-8a687382b1ad.jpg

88d55891-9fb9-422a-b5ec-bfd357b9fa8c.jpg

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
@sburrell93 Mine did exactly the same on Friday - deleted the whole game. Had to download the whole 67 gigs again.
Very strange, probably would've been around about Friday it happened to me too! Toys well and truly went out of the pram in a 'I'm never playing this game again' fashion. Then I remembered I had it on PC! Glad I hadn't lost any progress.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Seems fairly nippy that. At last I can play this online now I have the X. Also managed to find a couple of really good tunes for a few on my cars. Still annoys me though that when playing single player there is always 1 car that disappears into the distance by the time you make your way through the field and is nigh on impossible to catch in the short races.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah it's pretty good on the tracks like Road America and Sebring. Not the best choice of car but I like using it on occasion. I always use my own tunes. AI is so inconsistent I ended up turning difficulty down halfway through career so I could get past everyone on first lap or 2 and then focus on setting a clean lap for the LB's.

SQ5
I really wish they would sort this issue of difficulty between pro and unbeatable. It’s not even a slight increase. Pro by the 2/3 lap I’m in 1st, unbeatable cant even finish in top 3

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Im enjoying this a bit more, Its just more polished than the previous game. FFB is kinda ok on a wheel now as well, Certainly better than previous attempts.

Still don't get the dry/wet grip thing though. Genuinely other than slow speed understeer and it being easier to lock up theres no difference between the two. I can constantly lap the same times in both conditions. Good effort there turn10, Maybe you should speak to Pirelli about your secret tyre compound for F1....

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Quite enjoying playing a bit of Forza 7 in the evenings. Have almost completed it, got 4 or 5 more championships to go.

Got a few questions though.

What mod crates do you tend to buy if any? I tend to buy the 50k ones second from the left on the bottom. occasionally the 20k ones. Mods are a pain the ass though, just takes an extra few minutes on top of every race to choose and equip them. Same with the gear suits - absolutely pointless isnt it.

How do you get Legendary mods. Ive got one so far and cant remember how I got it.

What cars do you guys tend to choose for the breakout/open championships. I tend to use the ferrari 71 BBLM. The new Radical is pretty good too.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I only used the mod cards once or twice tbh and crates I usually open the most expensive available hoping for interesting driver gear but have only done it a few times as the reward is usually pretty s**t.

The open championships I mostly used the Hypercar class but did choose the hot hatch genesis, early sport touring and Forza GT a few times. Maybe others but I've forgotten now lol.

I'm hooked on the S class online lobby at the minute hoping they add some more online hoppers and open up leagues soon. M1 procar is probably my best all rounder there.