ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Forza Motorsport 6

SQ5
Played the Demo, not greatly impressed tbh. The rain and surface water was pretty cool, but will that mean A Wet Race/A Dry Race... No interchangeable conditions?

Still seemed to be just plonked in the middle of the field at the beginning of the race.

And the whole MOD thing WTF? Start one position higher on the grid, add 6% boost, add 6% grip... Goodbye Forza...

Most Forza races are only 20 minutes so weather wouldn't dramatically change anyway.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Im on the fence with it, Feel a bit Meh from the demo.

I haven't touched Forza since Pcars came out though so I'm more used to the sim type physics over the arcade stuff. Still need to try the demo with my TX wheel though but from reports the FFB is pretty poor

RS Clio 182
Watching the demo,the cars,tracks details and menus look fantastic graphics - but the cockpit doesnt feel 'alive' as such,theres not much movement there - no FOV options isnt great. I dont think i could go back to these more 'simcade' racers like this and Gran Turismo after playing Pcars. I like the realism and more 'sim' feel than collecting cars. Also the 'mods' you can collect feel a bit gimmicky - the races should be all just about driving in a level playing field imo. Normally when a new Forza appears im contemplating getting an XBox just for it - not this time though,Pcars has moved my view of a racing game a bit forward as such.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Forza has basically gone downhill, 2 was perfection, but then it became too mainstream and all the add-on tat came about and it lost its edge. At the Forza 2 / 3 era, it was leading the way with physics but the industry has moved on now. I've yet to try the demo yet (will do this morning) but I expect not much has changed.

Megane r26
I loved 4, 5 was a disappointment as the track and car list didn't seem half as big, I now hammer project Cars

Let's see if they can redeem themselves for me

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Forza has basically gone downhill, 2 was perfection, but then it became too mainstream and all the add-on tat came about and it lost its edge. At the Forza 2 / 3 era, it was leading the way with physics but the industry has moved on now. I've yet to try the demo yet (will do this morning) but I expect not much has changed.

Maybe they will take a different direction with FM7 depending on the success of this. It's annoying when Horizon came out I figured they would take the arcade that way and the Motorsport series into a more sim direction.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Having played the demo a few times I'm now kicking myself for buying the full-on digital edition :( I have long been a Forza fan but it feels a bit flat after Project Cars. Project Cars has it's problems but it's moved the genre on.

Anyone entered the Forza Fuel time trial on the demo? (http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/forzafuel/)

Top 2 (and also a wildcard) from each country win flights to the US to race each other on the game.

Currently around 70th in the world (out of 46k) and around 50th in EU (out of 24k).

Pretty fun challenge.

First time plugging my Xbox in, in about 6 months, so pretty happy to be that near the top.

Yaris Hybrid
Anyone entered the Forza Fuel time trial on the demo? (http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/forzafuel/)

Top 2 (and also a wildcard) from each country win flights to the US to race each other on the game.

Currently around 70th in the world (out of 46k) and around 50th in EU (out of 24k).

Pretty fun challenge.

First time plugging my Xbox in, in about 6 months, so pretty happy to be that near the top.
What camera view do you use and do you use a pad?

I've always wondered what view the best pad drivers use. I guess wheel users use in-car.

Ph 1 172
Massively dissapointed in this demo... Project cars even with its 2.1 million flaws is still better than what was show cased on the forza 6 demo, 1 I'm gutted as forza 6 seems to have not progressed other than weather but 2nd I'm glad I didn't pre order it

SQ5
Massively dissapointed in this demo... Project cars even with its 2.1 million flaws is still better than what was show cased on the forza 6 demo, 1 I'm gutted as forza 6 seems to have not progressed other than weather but 2nd I'm glad I didn't pre order it

In what way, did you play 5?

What camera view do you use and do you use a pad?

I've always wondered what view the best pad drivers use. I guess wheel users use in-car.

Yeah, I use controller/pad. I use the further back, higher 3rd person view.

Also have no assists on at all.

SQ5
Yeah, I use controller/pad. I use the further back, higher 3rd person view.

Also have no assists on at all.

Same as me, people think it's weird who I used to play with.

Do you use clutch or not? It's the only thing I use as auto.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Bit old school, but forza 2 was my favourite too. I liked the endurance races and having to pit for fuel. Made the cars easier to drift as time has gone on. I still play forza 4, but not that much.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Same as me, people think it's weird who I used to play with.

Do you use clutch or not? It's the only thing I use as auto.

Manual clutch is faster as you can flat shift makes a huge difference in the low pi cars. Worth learning it imo helps control the car too.

I also race chase cam all assists off. Starting to enjoy cockpit cam more now though.

SQ5
I'm sure I tried in FM4 for a drag race rivals as getting off the line was quicker..

Might start again.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Just make sure you program clutch to A and I guarantee once you get the hang of it you will be faster.

IMO the clutch is not faster here, so I have not been using it and ended up 47th in Europe and 70th overall.

At the beginning of the time trial it puts me up against people who did use clutch, and my car is much quicker off the line and into the first corner.

There is very little shifting here at all and it only really adds another layer of difficulty, so really no need. If it was a track like Le Mans with lots of fast straights then no doubt clutch would be faster.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I've not played Forza since 4, really impressed with the demo. The sim steering is going to get some getting used to, lol.

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
I played the demo over the weekend, and I'm really not that impressed. IMO the series has just gotten worse ever since forza 3! They should just concentrate on improving the Horizon series as they've nailed the pick up and play arcade style! The whole realism has been lost, and the game's have been boring and clinical! As already mentioned project cars even with all its faults is a more immersive racer.

Just my opinion!

Peugeot 308
What have they done?!

Just played the demo which I had to turn off as it just 'felt' rubbish, I've now put Horizon 2 on and yep, I hate the demo, it feels slow and generally, lazy?!

What the hell is with Mod packs? Really..?

SQ5
I don't now how anyone doesn't like it?

It's less arcadey than Horizon but looser than FM5 which felt very stuff and sound was terrible.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
I agree. I thought the wet weather was fricking awesome too. They just need to sort the crash noises out which im sure they will.