ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Forza Motorsport 6

Goliath I
Digital Spy
Forza Motorsport 6 is a terrific game. It misses a few minor beats, with yet another career mode that throws you straight in there, and good god the serious attitude of the game is sickening at best. But this is one of the best driving simulations out there: it's the game launch title Forza 5 really should have been.

'One of the best driving simulations out there' LOL! [emoji23] I think they've reviewed the wrong game!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I couldn't get on with it on 4, maybe I'll try again, probably been refined since then.

I've just had a go with and without it, not sure there's much difference until you start sliding, with sim steering on it snaps back much quicker. Without it I found it much easier to hold a drift using the controller. I also notice it only gave an extra 2% XP.

I've always used sim steering though so will continue to try use it in the full game and see how I go. Getting used to the demo some more and finding it more enjoyable and I'm quicker than I was the other day when I first tried it.

SQ5
I've just had a go with and without it, not sure there's much difference until you start sliding, with sim steering on it snaps back much quicker. Without it I found it much easier to hold a drift using the controller. I also notice it only gave an extra 2% XP.

I've always used sim steering though so will continue to try use it in the full game and see how I go. Getting used to the demo some more and finding it more enjoyable and I'm quicker than I was the other day when I first tried it.

Yea I think that was what I found, if it started to slide it was almost impossible to get it back.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
It's weird, I've not played forza, other than Horizon 2, since 4 and I really don't remember the sim steering being as unforgiving as it is here.

I'll probably end up trading Project Cars in for this tbh, PC is amazing but I really don't have the time to put in to it that it requires!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I thought it was a day early. Damn 8 days is decent.
Still, f**k paying £80

Yeah it's £15 more than the Deluxe edition so £30 more than the standard one. Not really worth it for me as I'm going onto night shift tomorrow anyway so wouldn't be able to play.

Seems a bit cheeky from T10 though, hope this sort of thing doesn't become popular, charging people extra to get the game early.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah it's £15 more than the Deluxe edition so £30 more than the standard one. Not really worth it for me as I'm going onto night shift tomorrow anyway so wouldn't be able to play.

Seems a bit cheeky from T10 though, hope this sort of thing doesn't become popular, charging people extra to get the game early.
£45 more for me!

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
I preordered this ages ago - just the bog standard version. I wouldnt mind getting this off LIVE so its on the hard drive so i never need to search for the disc. How much is this on Live - are there different versions ?

Cant wait..

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I preordered this ages ago - just the bog standard version. I wouldnt mind getting this off LIVE so its on the hard drive so i never need to search for the disc. How much is this on Live - are there different versions ?

Cant wait..

I think it's £50 for basic, £65 for the Deluxe with vip and £80 for the Ultimate with early release and vip.

I always used to play disk too but since having Project Cars on digital I figured I'd do that from now on, at least with games I know I'll probably never sell. Makes life a bit easier.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Thats a shame - I paid £34 for the basic disc based version. Paying £80 to play it today is too too much.
Love having the digital versions too, so much easier.

Just payed 40odd for ultimate. When I get back to my PC there's a guide somewhere to buy points from Microsoft in russian currency. Anyone thinking of buying it hold off for an hour or so :)

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Just payed 40odd for ultimate. When I get back to my PC there's a guide somewhere to buy points from Microsoft in russian currency. Anyone thinking of buying it hold off for an hour or so :smile:
Legend mate !

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Eh? What's the situation there I cba to read through the thread you linked.

£40 for ultimate?

SQ5
It's good.

Lots of body kits are back, few extra paint things.

Tuning improved and quick.

Gameplay is good.

Upgrades can be slow as it has been on XBONE on all Forzas.

Overall it's great, nothing much different just a mix of the best bits from FM4 and 5.

Lots of cars too, and some great tracks

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Seems complicated - did it work for you? and how long does it take?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Is Tag/Virus back like FM4 where you could do it on tracks instead of the stupid air field like on FM5?

I loved a game of tag, used to love pissing other people off because they couldn't catch me :smile:.

Goliath I
Stuck Forza 5 on earlier and turned it off 10 mins later when I realised why I stopped playing it in the first place... The AI is f**king dire. Randomly braking... They refuse to race each other and seem to be slowing down to keep a cars length from the next competitor, rather than overtaking them.

Anyway... From what I've read (and may be wrong) but the weather and day/night isn't dynamic, so you either race in the sunshine or the wet with puddles... Race in the day or the night, which is surely a backwards step compared to other racing games?

SQ5
Is Tag/Virus back like FM4 where you could do it on tracks instead of the stupid air field like on FM5?

I loved a game of tag, used to love pissing other people off because they couldn't catch me :smile:.

Not tried online yet.

Stuck Forza 5 on earlier and turned it off 10 mins later when I realised why I stopped playing it in the first place... The AI is f**king dire. Randomly braking... They refuse to race each other and seem to be slowing down to keep a cars length from the next competitor, rather than overtaking them.

Anyway... From what I've read (and may be wrong) but the weather and day/night isn't dynamic, so you either race in the sunshine or the wet with puddles... Race in the day or the night, which is surely a backwards step compared to other racing games?

You can now set drivatar ability, turn aggression on and off. The AI is massively improved on 6, no braking mid corner on higher skilled drivatars.

The dynamic thing I don't see as an issue, unless you are in an endurance race or a race longer than 45 minutes.

Racing in the rain is good though, best water I've seen in a game.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I've put a few hours into it FM6 now... and regretting my decision to buy this Ultimate version. It's far from bad. In fact, it's very good in many ways. Nice variation in cars, tracks. Looks good. But I can't get past Project Cars and how much better that feels (to me at least). It's worth a purchase if you're a Forza fan (as I am) but I can't help drawing up comparisons with PCars, and PCars 'feels' better to me.

I'm glad I bought it, but wish I'd bought the bog-standard edition.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
See now I'm in the middle and it's pissing me off! Haha.

Project Cars is good but there's f**k all people online and it's all GT3 I'm bored already, I set races up with the caterhams and atoms and hardly anyone joins.

Forza has the online experience but after playing Project Cars completely lacks in the physics department. I guess it's saving grace is the more arcade feel so you can f**k about more, trying to slide and drift in Project Cars can be hard work. Tuning car's like 1500bhp Supra's in Project Cars would be impossible to control also but with Forza you can do it and boot it in the corner sliding out making loads of noise and smoke. It's just more 'fun' I guess.

I'll be trying to mix them up, Forza for a f**k about and Project Cars for a more serious feeling.

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
I really lucked out. I've got a mate who works for Skype and managed to get me a dlc code, which only cost me £17.80! For that price I couldn't say no! Just need to wait until the 18th now...

DCi
I'm just glad PCars exists so people will stop claiming the any of the Forza games are the be all and end all of video game car physics

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
I'm just glad PCars exists so people will stop claiming the any of the Forza games are the be all and end all of video game car physics
play games for enjoyment or go drive a real car.

SQ5

This +infinity, most people playing project cars believe they are training in a simulator for the next F1 race.

Gaming is about having fun and FM6 gets the balance of fun with decent handling perfectly. I don't want to be playing a game so seriously that I need to worry about knocking 0.001 off of a lap time and getting corners correct everytime.

IMO Project Cars on a pad was terrible and didn't have any feel of "simulation" about it, FM6 does it with a pad better, which lets be honest 95% of people will play with.

This +infinity, most people playing project cars believe they are training in a simulator for the next F1 race.

Gaming is about having fun and FM6 gets the balance of fun with decent handling perfectly. I don't want to be playing a game so seriously that I need to worry about knocking 0.001 off of a lap time and getting corners correct everytime.

IMO Project Cars on a pad was terrible and didn't have any feel of "simulation" about it, FM6 does it with a pad better, which lets be honest 95% of people will play with.
Yeah. Agreed.

I was convinced this is what I wanted from a driving game, and the PC was the answer to my prayers.
Turns out it wasn't.

As you say, the balance between fun and realistic handling in forza is the right balance for me. The pick up and play nature suits my time constraints too.

To do one race properly on PC would take about an hour with practice and qualifying... then last lap you mess one corner and lose 6 places or blow an engine.
I know "thats racing", but I'd rather the fun/realistic balance of forza.

My regret with PC is not buying hard copy to sell on. Its an epic game but not for me, just don't have enough spare time to get into it enough. +would benefit from a full rig.

Going to get the fm6 demo and try it this weekend. [emoji106]
Fm horizons was too arcady for me. Fun in places though.

Shame forza doesnt have uk tracks.
Loved that aspect of PC.... It was the main lure of the game.

RS Clio 182
I agree. PCars is shite unless you have a full rig with wheel and gears etc..

Haha,some ridiculous comments here. Ive been playing racing games on a pad since the early 90s,and nothing has ever come close to Pcars,such as driving a merc DTM at Oulton Park in dynamic weather...such an immersive and intense experience. I dont get these pad comments at all,unless your still playing the day one version. Its on patch 3.0 now.

If i wanted to go play an arcade racer like this,id stick Drive Club on,but it really doesnt interest me anymore.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I play project cars with a pad and love it tbh. Just took a little patience setting it up to suit me and its spot on. I think they are both great in their own ways.

RS Clio 182

Jesus. Maybe some of us want to do a full practise,qualy and race weekend with fuel use and pit stops. When do you do that in real life? I prefer a bit of thinking and strategy to my games instead of doing a few short races for some XP for a new alloy or a cheat 'grippy tyre' mod.