ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Forza Horizon

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I watched the behind the scenes video on XBL and was quite impressed with the level of work that's gone into this.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I'm looking forward to it as a standalone game, but I'm sceptical about being 'Forza'.

C1 VTR (Company Car)
Really looking forward to this, I've wanted a game just like this to come out for years.

Going to pre-order the LE on Friday.

The opening cutscene/pit garage part is cheesy as f**k, suppose that's sort of the nature of the game though. Still, looks like a laugh and I'm sure I'll find it more enjoyable than trudging through the Forza 3 career.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I'm still not 100%, although I'll probably pre-order the special edition, because Forza :eek:

Just a bit worried about the cars more than anything. I rarely use supercars on F4, purely as they lack character. I want some lightweight FWD hatches and twitchy oversteer.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Tuning* ;)

Tuning was a massive part of Forza for me, so I'm a little disappointed at that. But hey, you can get Matt paint instead...

/actionfuckingracinggame.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
EHH!! No tuning?

I'll be quite gutted if that's true :(.

Apparently so. It'll be a good game, but essentially dumbed down. Thankfully the physics engine is the same.

I don't like how 'flashy' it looks either. When I do over 100mph in real life (ahem), my vision doesn't flash, so why should it in a Forza title? Bah humbug.

AK

M240i
TBH the style of game it is I don't think tuning would suit it much anyway.

However at least you can mod stuff.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I'm happy now. Pre-order time. :eek:

Physics:
For anyone worried about the physics being changed for Forza Horizon, I am happy to say it has not been changed and it feels exactly the same as 4. The thing to consider here is that there at 65 surface types here, so getting used to those is the challenge. I was able to kick out generally whatever car I was driving (including the VW Corrado I was driving for some time) with ease, and, it was tons of fun. The cars feel very true. Dan Greenawalt made the distinction that they know cars handle different, and, that’s the problem with other titles; there are considerable differences between a 1965 Mustang and a 1969 Camaro (I’m not saying either of these cars are in it, I didn’t check, just examples!) and therefore they should drive differently. Every car I drove in Forza Horizon drove differently, were weighted differently and it made it a unique experience per vehicle. To anyone worried about the physics; don’t. It’s a solid game with a solid physics engine to back it up.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Exactly this. Or just to make the car drive better in the first place.

Yep.

What's the point into going into all the effort of including Rally surface-esque races if you can't then adjust the suspension to fit?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
What are you going to tune the car for? There aren't any facking tracks ;)

Do upgrades, get more power, zooooooooooooooom.

Have you tried getting the power down is a 700+ BHP lotus 2 eleven without doing any tuning? I find some of my cars are only drivable due to the tuning set up I have put on them.

Will still be fun none the less but a massive disappointment for me tbh.

Are we 100% there's no tuning? I cant find it mentioned. Seems silly to not include it in tbh.

Evo 5 RS
I'm happy now. Pre-order time. :eek:

Physics:
For anyone worried about the physics being changed for Forza Horizon, I am happy to say it has not been changed and it feels exactly the same as 4. The thing to consider here is that there at 65 surface types here, so getting used to those is the challenge. I was able to kick out generally whatever car I was driving (including the VW Corrado I was driving for some time) with ease, and, it was tons of fun. The cars feel very true. Dan Greenawalt made the distinction that they know cars handle different, and, that’s the problem with other titles; there are considerable differences between a 1965 Mustang and a 1969 Camaro (I’m not saying either of these cars are in it, I didn’t check, just examples!) and therefore they should drive differently. Every car I drove in Forza Horizon drove differently, were weighted differently and it made it a unique experience per vehicle. To anyone worried about the physics; don’t. It’s a solid game with a solid physics engine to back it up.

YUSSSSSSS. This is good news ja

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
FAO Adam:

OMGDriftMong said:
This is where you buy new cars, upgrade (but not tune) paint your car (and YES matte is an option) and get yourself into general mayhem. He talks about the day/night cycle of the game.

AK

M240i
http://omgdrift.com/first-impressions-omgdrift-plays-forza-horizon/

I like the video at the bottom, even if it has no sound

Have you tried getting the power down is a 700+ BHP lotus 2 eleven without doing any tuning? I find some of my cars are only drivable due to the tuning set up I have put on them.

Are we 100% there's no tuning? I cant find it mentioned. Seems silly to not include it in tbh.

This is where you buy new cars, upgrade (but not tune) paint your car (
and YES matte is an option
) and get yourself into general mayhem.

Last edited:

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member

Why would you make a 700+bhp 2 Eleven? I don't like driving the cars in game with silly power that the chassis would never be able to handle.