ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Forza 3

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Gaz, do you want me to put my mx5 tune on mystorefront for you? It's what I managed the drift achievement on kaido with, and running >200hp so its really controllable!

MY10 R35 GTR
got 99,560 round Kaido.... so fecking close, just coundnt get enough points inthe last section

1.8 Civic EX
got 99,560 round Kaido.... so fecking close, just coundnt get enough points inthe last section

should have used the back button lol

I can get 80k without using the back button, and over 100k using it (you still get the achievment if you use the back button)

MY10 R35 GTR
hahaha i used that back button for the last section countless times just couldnt get it better. :(

Got 96,000 last night with my 4wd Datsun...didn't realise you could use the back button and not invalidate your drift score.

Hawkeye

ClioSport Club Member
  Damage repaired
Was looking forward to some online fun with a few from here last night but couldnt seem to connect to the race, could hear and speak fine but unable to connect to actual lobby, network connection problems apparently???

I managed to play a few online races on other lobbies last night ok though, im pretty sure my router is opened, not set to private, although i wouldnt know how to look or sort it out.

Anyone else having these problems.

Thanks for trying to invite me TDurden, shame i couldnt join you all.

Only on level 5 so a bit short for cash after buying a few old favourites. I bought a tuning set up for my E30, paid 58k on parts to be able to use the set up, and it ended up slower and less drifty than it was before! 55PSI in the rear FTW.

The game is Grid and PGR4 combined.

It annoys me when at the start of every race the car appears first with the front wheel, moves around, and shakes the screen as it revs. That is going to become tedious if I put as many hours into this as I did with Forza 2.

The achievements are much easier than the previous game also.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I just cant see why people think the ps3 is better. It wont play films off my mem stick. My 360 will.

My PS3 plays movie files directly from memory sticks or USB without any problem.

Not played F3 much over the past 5 days, must have another game tonight.

The Bus and MRT
Was looking forward to some online fun with a few from here last night but couldnt seem to connect to the race, could hear and speak fine but unable to connect to actual lobby, network connection problems apparently???

I managed to play a few online races on other lobbies last night ok though, im pretty sure my router is opened, not set to private, although i wouldnt know how to look or sort it out.

Anyone else having these problems.

Thanks for trying to invite me TDurden, shame i couldnt join you all.

Next time try powering off your XBox, restarting your router, waiting for the router to be up and running (connected to the internet) then turn your Xbox back on. Seems to sort it out for me 95% of the time.

The Bus and MRT
Only on level 5 so a bit short for cash after buying a few old favourites. I bought a tuning set up for my E30, paid 58k on parts to be able to use the set up, and it ended up slower and less drifty than it was before! 55PSI in the rear FTW.

The game is Grid and PGR4 combined.

It annoys me when at the start of every race the car appears first with the front wheel, moves around, and shakes the screen as it revs. That is going to become tedious if I put as many hours into this as I did with Forza 2.

The achievements are much easier than the previous game also.

Brake squeal on every single car annoys me to... fair enough on the ones with uprated pads or race cars but not on the standard cars.

C

Cupster

anyone noticed any faults with the game yet?

iv noticed 2..

- when changin to the bonnet view when driving you dont get the rear view mirror then all of a sudden it appears

- When finishing a race it always automaticly saves and you see the car passing but it crashes like 2-3 times, and continues as normal

- No skid marks in the rear view mirror say if you handbrake etc.

- Where's me boost gauge?

- How dare my xbox rev my car before every race.

- WHY CANT I HAVE WHITE WHEELS!!!!!

Revels Mum & Sister
I just havent got into this :( Hardly played it. I just don't have the man hours required to make progress in all honesty. With Uncharted out and MW2 coming it wont get a look in.

Punto/Clio GTT
ive found that the cars are alot easier to drive than in forza 2 with all the assists turned off

ive just bought a skyline gtr and fully upgraded it, painted it the same as in f2. now in f2, it was uncontrollable without putting on traction/stability, it would just spin spin spin, in f3 it seems a lot more managable. sure if you floor the gas it will spin up and try to step out, but its certainly easier to control

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I much prefer Forza 2 than 3. Not keen on a few of the changes. Just with they made Forza 3 the same as 2 but with updated graphics :(

106 GTI
I think 3 is better in most ways.

It will most probably seem easier as imagine all the hours most people have put in on 2

Storefront, loads more tracks several of which are truely epic and the sound. Some of the engine notes, blow off valves, turbo and supercharger noises are fantastic.

Nippy white cup
While I haven't been able to put the hours in on it yet I think it is 10 times the game fm2 was. Not only the stuff that Si mentioned above but the cars (easier or not) seem more realistic than 2.....the best example was driving the VX220 turbo...on 2 you could grip like made.....throw it into a bend and as long as you didn't accelerate the front would come round...now the feeling of weight, momentum and grip is much better imo

68339313.jpg

spoons20002.jpg

fit1zd.jpg

fit2v.jpg

fit3f.jpg

I need to buy some Honda's and start playing with them tbh. I've got a Fit/Jazz with a K20 dropped in it but need to make some other mods to it.

I also want to suss a way that's straightforward to upload my pics without them getting compressed to f**k and ruined.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Those Spoon paintjobs are quality. I've not played around with Honda's much either tbh, my DC5 is one of my favourite cars to drive though and it's still running the standard engine!

They've just made it more realistic tbh. Before anything RWD even if it only had 130bhp the tail would be all over the place and wanting to step out with very minor throttle and steering angle.

It's easier to drive at a moderate pace now they've upped the level of grip but when pushing hard you get understeer and the nose pushing wide before the back end steps out with heavy handed throttle input. On the limit it will bite you just as hard IMO.

HYUNDAI GENESIS COUPE TAKES DIGITAL FORM IN “FORZA MOTORSPORT 3” EXCLUSIVELY ON XBOX 360

2vm6eyv.jpg

Rhys Millen Racing Red Bull Genesis Coupe, HKS Genesis Coupe and one of a kind in-game Genesis Coupe star in the Xbox 360 premier racing simulator.

fm3_genesis_forza_1_thumb.jpg
fm3_genesis_forza_3_thumb.jpg
fm3_genesis_rmr_10_thumb.jpg
fm3_genesis_rmr_14_thumb.jpg
fm3_hyundai_hks_new_2_thumb.jpg
fm3_hyundai_hks_new_3_thumb.jpg

FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif., 11/02/2009 -- Few enthusiasts will ever get the chance to drive the 300-horsepower Genesis Coupe on a racetrack, but thanks to “Forza Motorsport 3,” millions of gamers worldwide will get to experience the thrill in the digital world.

Racing game enthusiasts will be able to test their driving skills in the Genesis Coupe in “Forza Motorsport 3,” launched in the U.S. on Oct. 27, exclusively on Xbox 360.

“Genesis Coupe’s participation in ‘Forza Motorsport 3’ will raise Hyundai’s awareness with driving enthusiasts and the very important youth segment,” said Joel Ewanick, vice president, Marketing, Hyundai Motor America. “The mission for Genesis Coupe was to create a pure performance car and for it to appear in such a realistic racing simulator is awesome.”

Developed by Turn 10 Studios, “Forza Motorsport 3” unites the racing game genre where players will live out their dreams behind the wheel of more than 400 of the most-beloved cars, including a roster of Hyundai favorites. The vehicles can be driven on more than 100 renowned real-world tracks and exotic road courses from around the globe. Breathtaking HD graphics and the most advanced vehicle performance modeling in a video game make “Forza Motorsport 3” the most realistic racing experience ever. Introducing a host of driving assists and adjustable skill levels, “Forza Motorsport 3” is a gripping pick-up-and-play experience for racing novices and seasoned pros alike.

Further fueling the imaginations of its evergreen community of painters, tuners and photographers, “Forza Motorsport 3” features improved customization tools and brand new ways to share creations with the world via Xbox LIVE. Painters and tuners will be able to showcase complete artistic creativity through the celebrated Livery Editor, customize cars with the deep tuning garage, and share their designs in the “Forza Motorsport 3” Auction House and Storefront. To celebrate the flourishing “Forza” community, Hyundai will be gifting a free downloadable vehicle package on Xbox LIVE on Nov. 17, 2009. The package will include the Rhys Millen Racing Red Bull Hyundai Genesis Coupe, HKS Genesis Coupe and a one of a kind Genesis Coupe. The Hyundai Genesis Coupe will also boast its own race series within the Career mode of the game. Hyundai is also developing an online photo and video upload contest for “Forza” gamers who can show off their best in-game photo and video of the Genesis Coupe in action.

YOUTH INFLUENCE
  1. With the help of growing economies, young people (ages 25 and younger) the world over are embracing consumerism for themselves and influencing the tastes and purchases of others.
  2. Teens in the U.S. have spending power in excess of $172 billion per year and influence $565 billion of their parents spending.
  3. The Millennial generation will make up 28 percent of the U.S. driving population by 2010.
  4. Racing video games primarily appeal to males 18 – 30.
  5. Males 18 – 30 spend more time playing video games than they are watching television.
HYUNDAI AND AND MICROSOFT
Hyundai’s relationship with Microsoft developed out of a lust for high performance automobiles. The Microsoft team met with Hyundai staff at the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) show in Las Vegas in November of 2008 to discuss possibilities around the upcoming 2010 Genesis Coupe.

Turn 10 Studios, a Redmond, Washington-based racing video game developer created internally by Microsoft Game Studios, embarked on the meticulous process of scanning Genesis Coupes with high level detail and consulted Hyundai’s premier drift racer Rhys Millen to provide real-world feedback on the gameplay and vehicle renders for accuracy.

“It is exciting to have your own car in a video game. I was very impressed with the realism of the game with things like hood pins and exhaust outlets showing up in precise detail,” says Rhys Millen, driver of the Red Bull Hyundai Genesis Coupe race car and founder of Rhys Millen Racing. “The Turn 10 game developers were very accurate in portraying the driving experience as well. For example, changing tires alters the handling of the car just like in the real world.”

To perfect the look and driving feel of the Genesis Coupe in the game, Turn 10 developers spent many hours scanning every inch of the Genesis Coupes. The attention to detail even resulted in a perfectly captured Genesis Coupe exhaust note.

Extending this unique partnership even further, “Forza Motorsport 3” will also feature in-game advertising of Genesis Coupe on billboards, building exteriors and JumboTrons, made specially for the game.

Fans will be given the opportunity to test drive the most realistic experience ever as “Forza Motorsport 3” makes a public appearance at the Hyundai stand at the SEMA Show from Nov. 3 – 6, 2009 at the Las Vegas Convention Center.

HYUNDAI MOTOR AMERICA
Hyundai Motor America, headquartered in Fountain Valley, Calif., is a subsidiary of Hyundai Motor Co. of Korea. Hyundai vehicles are distributed throughout the United States by Hyundai Motor America and are sold and serviced through more than 790 dealerships nationwide. All Hyundai vehicles sold in the U.S. are covered by The Hyundai Advantage, America’s Best Warranty. In addition, Hyundai Assurance is now offered on all new vehicles leased or purchased from a certified Hyundai dealer. The program is available to any consumer, regardless of age, health, employment record or financed amount of the vehicle. The program is complimentary for the first 12 months.

3, but they're free. I've no issue with extra content especially if it's free. As boring as they sound we had some awesome races in standard Bora's on Forza 2 so the more cars the better :)

Hawkeye

ClioSport Club Member
  Damage repaired
I know this has been asked before but are we going to be able to get access to all the car classes when playing online, im already getting bored with using "A" class, as it being the lowest class available.

In open lobbies more options will be added as time goes by as for private lobbies you can do what the hell you like in those we've run loads of D class cars already.