ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Forge Motorsport Action Day Crash

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Ouch,

That's the only track I feel uneasy about driving round, and I haven't even been round it. :S Perhaps it's not for the faint hearted.

Wouldn't mind a passenger lap around it with someone who's pretty confident there though.

Its fine. I reckon I've done 20+ track days there and i'm no Jenson Hamilton.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Wonder if it had fancy brake pads that needed heat in them to get them to work? Looks like shes completely off line anyway so ended up in an understeery mess

The ammount of people on that video taking the wrong line on that corner is astounding, I had tuition round combe and got quicker and quicker all day, wouldnt fancy heading into quary doing 130-140 like some of the big power stuff would be doing, I've seen many of the back ends come out under braking because drivers take the wrong line

My mates Astra I mapped and have driven at combe can do over 150mph there, the real serious stuff is 170mph+ by the rise I believe.

53 Clio's & counting
I'm often up at Combe yeah, I'm 15 minutes up the road and a couple of mates have 205 Gti track weapons so I head over with them. Although commitments this year have meant I've not been over as often as I usually would.

Where abouts do you live mate? Im in Malmesbury, id love to have a nosey of the Civic before you sell it!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
He has posted on piston heads saying he simply went in too fast and it was his own driver error not a mechanical problem.

Turbos.
The speed of the car as it entered shot does look like didn't hit the brakes anywhere soon enough.

Hard to believe the various excuses when these Castle Combe days are notorious!

He has posted on piston heads saying he simply went in too fast and it was his own driver error not a mechanical problem.

Blimey ...... simply amazed he thought that was the entry speed and where he seems to be isn't the line carrying speed like that , i mean i have seen people go in hot but that was ridiculous

MR2 Mk1.5
I got down there early afternoon and tbh the whole day seemed plagued with incidents, there seemed to be long periods with nothing on the track except the emergency/response vehicles.

I've never been to Castle Combe and NOT seen at least 2 crashes, usually on camp corner!

It's most commonly in to quarry that the s**t hits the fan, people barrelling over Avon rise then trying to get on the brakes while the car is "light" over the crest. Followed by a trip into the cat litter/tyre barrier and a cheer from the spectators.