ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Forge Motorsport Action Day Crash

From this Saturday, when a Fiat driver ran out of talent and/or his Fiat ran out of brakes.

Sorry if a repost!

[YOUTUBE]ScFuHMQjxxc[/YOUTUBE]

330Ci (Fail)Sport
"Watch this!"

Rookie by the sounds of it. Ran out of talent on his first lap = no talent IMO.

Listerine & Poledo
Ambition over adhesion?

Straight to the scene of the accident

Goodwood-35_2002941i.jpg

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
A lot of talk of brake failure going around.. was only after 1 flying lap.. hmmmm

Harsh words, but the angle of the car as it comes into shot leads my first feeling to be a throttle stuck wide open, or brake failure, no doubt coupled to inexperience . However if its a throttle wide open you should see the amount of talented drivers who take seconds to realise , comprehend and react .

I assume he was ok ?

If lake of talent , then i am stunned he got that far round his first lap , that little talent would have been lucky to get past quary.

I got down there early afternoon and tbh the whole day seemed plagued with incidents, there seemed to be long periods with nothing on the track except the emergency/response vehicles.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Out of all the cars on the video, the red VR6 looked to be having the most fun, with no traffic about him.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I got down there early afternoon and tbh the whole day seemed plagued with incidents, there seemed to be long periods with nothing on the track except the emergency/response vehicles.

That's what happens at all the Chav Action days. The only reason I go now is to laugh at people either crashing or modding badly.

Its not a serious event and shouldn't be taken as one!

I went out with the clio at 1045(apparently, nearer 1115 after the delays) and then I was out in a 106 rallye as a passenger on the 1315 (1400) session lol. Didn't see your mates polo, 20vt?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
You can see the brake lights on in the video, but the car doesnt seem to be slowing, so it does look like brake failure of some sort.

That's what happens at all the Chav Action days. The only reason I go now is to laugh at people either crashing or modding badly.

Its not a serious event and shouldn't be taken as one!

I've been to enough to know that's standard procedure, what with Combe being on my doorstep. It's the very reason I've never taken any of my cars out on track at one. Attracts some complete goons.

The circuit was actually very quiet in general on Saturday compared to most events I've been at there, perhaps everyone took the opportunity of good weather to stay at home have a BBQ and get pissed instead.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I've been to enough to know that's standard procedure, what with Combe being on my doorstep. It's the very reason I've never taken any of my cars out on track at one. Attracts some complete goons.

The retards are pretty easy to avoid IME, Ive been going for best part of a couple of decades now and never had an issue.

TBH they are some of the most fun trackday drives you will get IMHO, the big variation in standards means the track is littered with mobile chicanes which means no two laps feel quite the same.

You do have to get the hang of what rules to ignore as well, like if someone stays on the right off line, I just overtake them on the left with plenty of space and in safety, even though you arent meant to.

I've had a couple of mates get collected at similar events by complete clowns (the onboards/go pros showed they were complete faultless and had been victim of cretinous drivers) so seeing as I only have the one car, I value it, and don't have the spare cash to replace it or do major repair work as a result of a non fault incident I'll stick to giving it a miss.

If I get a sub £1,000 disposable track weapon I'd reconsider but I'd certainly not want to take a car of any value out when the chavs are on track.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Fair enough, Most of our track cars only tend to be in the 2-8K region in terms of what they owe us, so not really a big deal if one day some wally does wipe one out for us, but I can understand why you wouldnt want to take something you really love out on the track.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Turkish didn't realise you are round this way??

Agree with Daniel about not taking it seriously hence why I used a 400quid MX5 :eek: (that I still managed to spin in the dry..twice)

I'm often up at Combe yeah, I'm 15 minutes up the road and a couple of mates have 205 Gti track weapons so I head over with them. Although commitments this year have meant I've not been over as often as I usually would.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Castle Combe + Action Day = Crashes.

Been the same for years lol.

That's half the fun watching generally big powered 4wd's being badly driven!

Much like the 300bhp Impreza I went past in my 100bhp car!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Any good plays on the old "Fix it again tomorrow" acronyms doing the rounds yet?

F*cked in a tyrewall
Found in air trackside

etc
etc

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
They were running behind by about 10, my 10 o'clock slot was delayed a bit. Then the 1130 slot I was in was delayed by half an hour, the kind marshal let me jump the queue though.

IIRC those coupe's use the brembo 4 pots, I bought a set to fit too my fiesta ST ages ago and the guy who i got them off said there are quite common to failure if not cleaned regularly. Something to do with the dust seals. The set I had were an absolute pain to clean, the dust had cooked itself onto the metal and as a result of cleaning started to take chunks out around where the carriers sit.

Hope the guy's ok

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Wonder if it had fancy brake pads that needed heat in them to get them to work? Looks like shes completely off line anyway so ended up in an understeery mess

The ammount of people on that video taking the wrong line on that corner is astounding, I had tuition round combe and got quicker and quicker all day, wouldnt fancy heading into quary doing 130-140 like some of the big power stuff would be doing, I've seen many of the back ends come out under braking because drivers take the wrong line

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Ouch,

That's the only track I feel uneasy about driving round, and I haven't even been round it. :S Perhaps it's not for the faint hearted.

Wouldn't mind a passenger lap around it with someone who's pretty confident there though.