ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

For you lorry/hgv/truck lovers... Volvo FH16 750bhp Content

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Lol and it costs a bomb.

We aren't a fan of the "pony" truck and we own it!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Truckers, like my father w**k themselves into a coma over it though..

Leon Cupra 300
Awesome love the new FH.

We've just got 30 new Volvos in but they're 'only' 460's... tbh it's plenty for our work.

Still take them over the Scanias, had some in on hire and it was f**king awful. Automatic gearbox but with an actual clutch pedal. WTF defeats the point. The box was dumb as when moving too, not a patch on I Shift, although nothing I've driven has been.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
We only use the opti cruise with a clutch pedal, the other one can't cope with locking diffs and pulling 44ton out of a field!

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Love the FH Volvo's. The i-shift is an utterly brilliant gearbox! Best 2 boxes I've used were Eaton twin splitter and MAN comfort shift.

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
Love the FH Volvo's. The i-shift is an utterly brilliant gearbox! Best 2 boxes I've used were Eaton twin splitter and MAN comfort shift.

The eaton twin splitter as the constant mesh one?

Awesome love the new FH.

We've just got 30 new Volvos in but they're 'only' 460's... tbh it's plenty for our work.

Still take them over the Scanias, had some in on hire and it was f**king awful. Automatic gearbox but with an actual clutch pedal. WTF defeats the point. The box was dumb as when moving too, not a patch on I Shift, although nothing I've driven has been.

You might work same as me we just got loads of 460's there fine till we backload pop then they struggle a bit up the hills

Actually I just read your profile seems we work together, Small world lol

Last edited:
  Mk4 Mondeo Estate
The FH4's seem so much bigger when you jump in them compared to the FH Classics.
Have you gone Euro 5 or Euro 6?

I like the opti cruise with a clutch, saves giving yourself whiplash when you hitch upto a loaded trailer.

The utterly worst box has to be the old 06 plate Daf 95 I'd driven. They made it better when it was a 57 plate, then some how made it worse again. Come up to a roundabout, go to pull away, the c**t is still in 10th. Then takes 4/5 seconds to decide to select 3rd. And the bloody company I worked for thought it was a good idea to disable manual mode. c***s!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Oh so you don't own them truck's, you just work for the company?

My dad is/was a class 1 lorry driver but had to give it up to look after my mun.
I used to love going out in the lorry in my school holidays when I was a kid.

Leon Cupra 300
You might work same as me we just got loads of 460's there fine till we backload pop then they struggle a bit up the hills

Actually I just read your profile seems we work together, Small world lol

10mph up Pool Bank lol

Petrol Blue 182.
Lorrys are awesome. I'm in the fortunate position to be able to drive one without a licence. Must be something else driving them on public roads. Looks very nice!

Was a fan till someone fitted the mesh :(

@philmots do sainsburys have a mixed fleet ive only ever seen volvo's ?

Last edited:
  Leon Cupra 300
Was a fan till someone fitted the mesh :(

@philmots do sainsburys have a mixed fleet ive only ever seen volvo's ?

Depends on the depot.. It's either Volvo or Merc. We run Volvo, over in Manc' they have Mercs! I was quite happy about it as the old Axors were dire, but they've the brand new ones now that look pretty awesome, they must be an improvement.

Depends on the depot.. It's either Volvo or Merc. We run Volvo, over in Manc' they have Mercs! I was quite happy about it as the old Axors were dire, but they've the brand new ones now that look pretty awesome, they must be an improvement.

I have a feeling they probably look better than they drive, Although the Mercs were not as bad as those auto DAFs. The hire Renaults were the best I reckon for no other reason than at that point I seemed to be getting Haydock all the time and that hammock style bed was proper comfy :)

Clio 172
Philmots & dannyb I run out of sainsburys Basingstoke with mostly volvo's and a couple of mercs. The mercs are poo rubbish auto box and non-existent brakes :S

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
No idea about lorries but this is one of the set ups from my Fathers old company that he sold a few years back.

zeputujy.jpg

Philmots & dannyb I run out of sainsburys Basingstoke with mostly volvo's and a couple of mercs. The mercs are poo rubbish auto box and non-existent brakes :S

Not just me then! I dont rush about but jumping into a merc ocasionally makes me remember how bad the brakes are usually at the first roundabout.

Traction in the wet is not great either who does the Transport for Basingstoke is it in house?

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
That dose look cool you750 but I think I'd rather one if the scania s. I hoping to do my HGV next year a d I am aiming to get a r500 or r620;)