ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

For you lorry/hgv/truck lovers... Volvo FH16 750bhp Content

The new mercs are dire. They've got some economy thing that will only give 75% they did on their arse on hills. My old remapped 420 was awesome. Would sail up Shap without even slowing down @ 44t

edit. She's bloody left herself logged on!

Clio 172
Not just me then! I dont rush about but jumping into a merc ocasionally makes me remember how bad the brakes are usually at the first roundabout.

Traction in the wet is not great either who does the Transport for Basingstoke is it in house?
yep in house but for how long who knows!!!!!

That explains it I'd guess most of our stock comes via Basingstoke
Sure will, sorry about that:D

Leon Cupra 300
I have a feeling they probably look better than they drive, Although the Mercs were not as bad as those auto DAFs. The hire Renaults were the best I reckon for no other reason than at that point I seemed to be getting Haydock all the time and that hammock style bed was proper comfy :)

I liked them, properly comfy - and they did 56!!! That was a right novelty. Only issue was the snow and a lack of a diff lock! I'm sure we had them in one of the real bad winters.

Philmots & dannyb I run out of sainsburys Basingstoke with mostly volvo's and a couple of mercs. The mercs are poo rubbish auto box and non-existent brakes :S

May bump into you up at Tamworth then, I pick up a produce load from there quite often (normally in for 8:00hrs)

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Waitey

my better half spotted one if your trucks last night on the A14 :

B0505C94-7F3E-48BB-94C1-051BBE97163F_zps37qp9gci.jpg

CW COW plate?

Love these 750's!

New to the forum, will be keeping an eye on this thread.

Only drive class 2 myself but class 1 is on the list for one day in the near future!

From Jan you can take class 1 in an auto and drive manual as long as you have a manual class2 should make it a bit easier, Get it done easier to drive and generally easier work :)

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
From Jan you can take class 1 in an auto and drive manual as long as you have a manual class2 should make it a bit easier, Get it done easier to drive and generally easier work :)
Don't even need a manual class 2. As long as you have a manual car licence, you can take an auto test and be given a full manual licence.

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
As far as I know mate, the test centres truck can be a fully auto. But as long as you have a manual car licence, your licence with be a manual class1 or class 2.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
i always feel sad when i see these trucks full of animals driving around :( usually off to slaughter

Disastra Coupe
Passed one of your trucks this morning in Mansfield, might have been the Volvo, didn't have much time to notice!

'03 MCS, MKV Ed30
Saw one of these trucks parked up on Blackpool Road near Kirkham last Thursday night!

Colour looks awesome.

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
I've seen loads of your trucks over the last few days have have you got a MAN and a scania without the writing on it?

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
God I hate that one. Why my Dad has so much light green put on it I'll never know.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Weird I only found that the other day.

Used loads of the professional photo's we get done!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
It's all publicity :)

You'll have your own tv show and avid spotters standing by the road side soon.