ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

For all those that took the mick out of the coupe.

ford cougar 2.0 16v
It has its good points sometimes , and yes its N/A not the Turbo.

Last edited by a moderator:
  ford cougar 2.0 16v
Coarse i knew you guys would come up with every excuse under the sun. Track wise it wouldnt have a chance against the clio but straight line it is really quick. And whats wrong with being homo, people seem to love publicise being gay on here and they drive clio's. So i must be a member of the elite.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Judging by the lack of any engine noise from the Clio I'd be inclined to say he actually wasn't trying and it's obvious your coupe is modded just by the sound. Lol

S4 Avant
Coarse i knew you guys would come up with every excuse under the sun. Track wise it wouldnt have a chance against the clio but straight line it is really quick. And whats wrong with being homo, people seem to love publicise being gay on here and they drive clio's. So i must be a member of the elite.

Completely agree with you here. Pot, kettle and black spring to mind.

In regards to the video though... Anyone can post a video of them passing another car, and claim it's quicker.
Hell, I once overtook the Clio tt in a 1.3 fiesta!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I think most people took the mick out of the retarded purchase process, as opposed to the car itself.

ford cougar 2.0 16v
Yep your right but it was a good video.
Completely agree with you here. Pot, kettle and black spring to mind.

In regards to the video though... Anyone can post a video of them passing another car, and claim it's quicker.
Hell, I once overtook the Clio tt in a 1.3 fiesta!

Trophy #490
Car is not modded. Standard

And you're still maintaining it's faster than a 172!? The Clio can't have been trying, the 20v turbo one would be close but the others in the range are woefully slow. So, less power than the Clio, and it weighs more, but yet they're still faster? Hmm.

197 FF Glacier White
And you're still maintaining it's faster than a 172!? The Clio can't have been trying, the 20v turbo one would be close but the others in the range are woefully slow. So, less power than the Clio, and it weighs more, but yet they're still faster? Hmm.

Both the 16v turbo and the 20v turbo would beat a Clio 1*2 in a straight line with relative ease. However, a circuit or b road, the Clio would come into it's own. How can I know this? What makes me qualified to make such a claim? Well, my last car was a 20v turbo LE. before that, a 16v turbo. What do I drive now, a 172 Cup. The Cup is superb, but I miss the outright punch and power of the coupe. But on real roads it's just so much easie to hustle the Clio along at good speeds, the coupe handles well, very well in fact, but the Clio would drive around it in almost any corner you care to offer up! I don't encourage racing on the streets but if you do come across a coupe turbo and he is up for a play, if it's just dual carriageway or motorway, save face and let it go!

ford cougar 2.0 16v
Both the 16v turbo and the 20v turbo would beat a Clio 1*2 in a straight line with relative ease. However, a circuit or b road, the Clio would come into it's own. How can I know this? What makes me qualified to make such a claim? Well, my last car was a 20v turbo LE. before that, a 16v turbo. What do I drive now, a 172 Cup. The Cup is superb, but I miss the outright punch and power of the coupe. But on real roads it's just so much easie to hustle the Clio along at good speeds, the coupe handles well, very well in fact, but the Clio would drive around it in almost any corner you care to offer up! I don't encourage racing on the streets but if you do come across a coupe turbo and he is up for a play, if it's just dual carriageway or motorway, save face and let it go!

I also said it was faster straight line and not track. I did not state it is out right better

Trophy #490

I don't drive a Clio any more, but I take your point. But when I did have my 182 Trophy, that used to be incredibly close with a 20v turbo that my friend used to own. There was hardly anything in it up to 60 or so, the Coupe just pulled slightly above those speeds and when in gear which is inevitable. As you said, when there's corners involved, the Trophy used to annihilate it. But anyway, my original point was that a standard, non-turbo Coupe wouldn't be a match for even a standard 1*2!

I do like them though, they're good looking cars and a proper bargain these days.

197 FF Glacier White
I don't drive a Clio any more, but I take your point. But when I did have my 182 Trophy, that used to be incredibly close with a 20v turbo that my friend used to own. There was hardly anything in it up to 60 or so, the Coupe just pulled slightly above those speeds and when in gear which is inevitable. As you said, when there's corners involved, the Trophy used to annihilate it. But anyway, my original point was that a standard, non-turbo Coupe wouldn't be a match for even a standard 1*2!

I do like them though, they're good looking cars and a proper bargain these days.

Agreed, completely! Without it's turbo the coupe is a lame duck. Lovely looking car, especially in jet black LE flavour which my last coupe was, stunning pace and looks for little outlay and cheap to run of you can work on them yourself. I only swapped to an RS Clio because I wanted a track toy, as stated, the Clio will drive around the coupe all day long on feisty stuff!

G

I'm struggling to see how a heavier car with 20-30bhp less is quicker. Book 0-60 on an NA 20v is 8.5 ish IIRC, noticeably slower than the clio, unless it's broken or the driver is asleep.