ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Footwell Puddle?

Discovered a puddle of water in the passenger footwell (right hand side, nearest to centre console) ... I'ts been raining quite heavily for the past 48hrs and I know that there's water coming in from the sunroof seal because the headlining is damp on the driver & pass side. Saw this quote from an old thread...

i had the same problem. best way 2 stop it is 2 use silicon. take off inside trim and pull down the roof carpet and u will see bolts all the way round the sun roof, basicly undo all of them and the outside black trim will come off, silicon under this all the way around, bolt it back down n there u have it, a non leaking clio. hope this helps

So I'm going to reseal the black plastic trim with silicone.

Would a leaking sunroof cause water to accumulate in the passenger footwell or should I be looking for other points of entry? i.e. scuttle drains, windscreen etc. I don't think it's the heater matrix because my coolant level seems ok but the water (soaked up with kitchen towel) did look yellowish, so I am concerned that it may be coolant and not just rain water from the sunroof? Thanks in advance, Steve.

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
The water runs along the metalwork and down the pillars, ending up in the footwell (this is how the water in mine got there anyway)

The water runs along the metalwork and down the pillars, ending up in the footwell (this is how the water in mine got there anyway)

Thanks haimsey, problem solved.. completely stripped down the sunroof assembly & resealed with silicone, just managed to get the glass back in when it started to rain! Perfect timing, job done.. bone dry footwell and nearly dry headlining. Inspected the scuttle drains & they seem to be fine but might blast them through with an air line just to get rid of any debris. Coolant level hasn't dropped at all with the heater running so that rules out any problems with the matrix. Bit of a pain in the ar5e removing all the 10mm bolts for the sunroof seal & pretty tight getting a ratchet in the space between the headliner and bolts without cracking the very 'French' lining material so just went round with a 10mm box spanner.. Awkward but I've done far worse jobs. No more leak & got rid of that annoying rattle from the sunroof too.. just nipped up the the two little T20 bolts that hold the glass to handle :wink: