ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Football Manager / STEAM

mini cooper s
Was wondering if anyone on here can help - I've tried following the instructions on Steam but having no luck.

Basically I'm trying to play football manager (been playing for the last 6 months no problem). Ive tried playing tonight but it just keeps saying 'this game is currently unavailable'. I followed the instructions on the troubleshooting section of steam but still couldn't get anywhere - it probably doesn't help that all the pc chat confuses me as I know nothing about it! If it helps I have windows 7?

If anyone could help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Steam's been a bit flakey tonight. Dropped the voice on my Company of Heroes co-op game and hung a couple of times when trying to browse the store afterwards.

I suspect it's a Steam issue rather than a game issue that you have. You could try checking the integrity of the cache - which has been known to stop a few games launching in the past. Right-click on the game in your library and go to Properties. In there. there's a local game folder (or similar - I can't recall off the top of my head) and within that is an option to check the games' integrity.

Certainly worth trying, anyway.

D.

Clio
Just tried to log into my FM and I get the same message. Looks like a steam problem, although as i'm typing i just got a message saying it was finished downloading?

I had this took me 3days to figure it out.

First thing to is check your computer for updates as windows 7 has lots mine did 50 updates.

Next right click on the steam and open file location then rename something with blob at the end, sorry I'm not on my laptop begins with a C though. Right click and click rename, add Old onto the end. This will make steam update next time you try and open it.

Then right click on the FM game within steam and verify the cache.

Once you have done all that try and load up FM it should work, if not try uninstalling FM and then reinstalling it.

Make sure you get the computer to run the updates fully though as the drivers may need updating. When I ran the windows updates it fixed my problem. It's due to the FM update which was released on the 14/03/12.

mini cooper s
Cheers lads, got it working! Updated my drivers, verified the cache, restarted the computer then went to start FM and it ran the update. Now its working again, can finally get Sunderland into Europe!

Clio
Cheers lads, got it working! Updated my drivers, verified the cache, restarted the computer then went to start FM and it ran the update. Now its working again, can finally get Sunderland into Europe!

If you get Sunderland into Europe it is still broke;)

F82 M4
Steam's been a bit flakey tonight. Dropped the voice on my Company of Heroes co-op game and hung a couple of times when trying to browse the store afterwards.

I suspect it's a Steam issue rather than a game issue that you have. You could try checking the integrity of the cache - which has been known to stop a few games launching in the past. Right-click on the game in your library and go to Properties. In there. there's a local game folder (or similar - I can't recall off the top of my head) and within that is an option to check the games' integrity.

Certainly worth trying, anyway.

D.

Do you not use vent/mumble/ts bro!?

Noob! :rasp: