ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fletch's BMW M2.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Does look good that. Must be a total change in your approach to driving from the 172. :smiley:

You can tell that manufacturers are in a state of mild panic in terms of portraying their performance-related image, these days. On the one dial, you have a nice 'M' badge in pride of place - but we have to quickly counteract that hooliganism by shoving our EfficientDynamics on there too. Almost similar to what the wombats at Nissan did - that a work colleague spotted on a new 370z..... :smile:

upload_2017-6-30_7-21-17.png

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Does look good that. Must be a total change in your approach to driving from the 172. :smiley:

You can tell that manufacturers are in a state of mild panic in terms of portraying their performance-related image, these days. On the one dial, you have a nice 'M' badge in pride of place - but we have to quickly counteract that hooliganism by shoving our EfficientDynamics on there too. Almost similar to what the wombats at Nissan did - that a work colleague spotted on a new 370z..... :smile:

View attachment 192047

In terms of driving it's obviously the complete opposite of the 172...But both are great in their own way :)

TBH imo the EfficientDynamics stuff is silly on the ///M cars.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
In terms of driving it's obviously the complete opposite of the 172...But both are great in their own way :smile:

TBH imo the EfficientDynamics stuff is silly on the ///M cars.
I guess in the real world, they have to be seen to be making some form of 'eco' effort - though I suspect they don't have to make it so obvious.

Putting it bluntly, maximising MPGs and having zero emissions is hardly the top of list of priorities for the usual M buyer. Such things as EfficientDynamics come across as a mixed message on fast BMWs - sheepishly asking you to take note of them while setting a new 0-60 PB on your favourite carriageway.

It would be no different than having the nutritional information of a lettuce, stick of a celery and a turnip - pinned to the wall of your local chippy. Sure, those are the foods better for both your waistline and calorific intake. But you've made the decision to spend and consume a fat b*****d meat pie, chips and gravy instead. No amount of green imagery or "Have you considered a nice salad instead?" is going to deviate you from your personal Lard Quest.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I do like the colours I just wish the allowed for Individual spec paint on these!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I'm still shocked by that torque. Monster. BMW must know this as Marks mates 440i was bang on the money torque wise.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Done 5.5k in the M2 now. It’s running very well, the engine seems to have loosen up a bit more since the RR day when it was on 3,600 odd miles. No problems with the cold weather/ rain either, the grip in the wet is very impressive probably down to the superb Active M Differential.

The only thing tempting me atm for the M2 is a fabspeed 200 cell sports cat, and another set of wheels either .. BMW 763m, 18” 513m or 18” apex FL5

A couple of pics.

F501849C-F474-4A20-A7A0-FDD6BAC3EF9A.jpeg

4C0074BA-E122-487B-882C-917F850E0D56.jpeg
B551E372-5CD1-443C-8B4B-082FC3DEFCF0.jpeg

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
My god that is a handsome car.

The grey really shows off that rear arch so well! More than the LBB colour, anyway.

Could see myself in one of these no problem!

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
Love the M2.Was looking at these,unrealistically at the time when I ordered the M140 for the Mrs in July 16.

So much road presence and aggressive looks.

Noticed some fantastic deals over the last few months and stumped up the guts to order one a few weeks ago.

She’s gone for a black one with quite decent spec.

She’s sad to see the 140 go but I’m sure she will love the new one as much in time.

Jon

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
My god that is a handsome car.

The grey really shows off that rear arch so well! More than the LBB colour, anyway.

Could see myself in one of these no problem!

Cheers Danny. Mineral grey is a great colour for showing of the lines...I do like LBB too mind.

Very nice!

Done a 140 miles in my mates blue one recently, what a motor! The noise is just raw, loved it!

They do sound good mate, the N55 engine is full of character, and the OEM exhaust is great!

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Love the M2.Was looking at these,unrealistically at the time when I ordered the M140 for the Mrs in July 16.

So much road presence and aggressive looks.

Noticed some fantastic deals over the last few months and stumped up the guts to order one a few weeks ago.

She’s gone for a black one with quite decent spec.

She’s sad to see the 140 go but I’m sure she will love the new one as much in time.

Jon

Good stuff!

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
Do you notice the LSD in the car ?

Does the M dynamic mode alter the lock across the diff ?

Never drove one so intrigued to feel what it’s like compared to the 140.

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
I’ve never really liked any bmw but they have upped their game over the last few years.
With the likes of the wide arch m135, your awesome m2 and I saw the m760 at car fest.. Thats 0 to 60 in 2.1 in a barge!
So much want for yours tho...it’s such a beast!

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Do you notice the LSD in the car ?

Does the M dynamic mode alter the lock across the diff ?

Never drove one so intrigued to feel what it’s like compared to the 140.

Yes you do noticed the LSD. I have never driven a M140/ M240i so I cannot compare what a similar model without one feels and drives like though Jon.

This is a good article/ read..

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/features/bmw-m2-vs-used-m135i-our-modified-hot-hatch-fun-drive

green said:
I’ve never really liked any bmw but they have upped their game over the last few years.
With the likes of the wide arch m135, your awesome m2 and I saw the m760 at car fest.. Thats 0 to 60 in 2.1 in a barge!
So much want for yours tho...it’s such a beast!

Cheers Andy.

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Such a lovely looking car, and the grey suits it perfectly.

I often see one driving around Basingstoke in really nice turquoise colour? Although grey is definitely the right choice.

As Andy said I've also never been a huge BMW fan, but it would be a tough call between either one of these or an E90 M3 Saloon.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Such a lovely looking car, and the grey suits it perfectly.

I often see one driving around Basingstoke in really nice turquoise colour? Although grey is definitely the right choice.

As Andy said I've also never been a huge BMW fan, but it would be a tough call between either one of these or an E90 M3 Saloon.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

Cheers Rob.

That turquoise looking colour is Long Beach Blue.
My neighbour has a E90 M3 with some exhaust mods, what a noise that thing makes! :)

An orange one
Just noticed this thread, :smile: Lovely car in the best colour of the 4 by far.

Must be a good amount of M2/3/4’s on here now! CS M meet?!

Evo 5 RS
Very smooth powerband, it's no wonder they go so well. Now on to stage 1 to be part of the 400bhp club? :p (no idea what they map to)

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Quick update:

The M2 has now just ticked over 9k and running well!

I’ve never really been a fan of diamond cut wheels, and was disappointed when BMW only offered the 437m wheel option with the M2...They have grown on me bit now though.
Back in June I inquired about a set of BMW 513m wheels (my favourite BMW wheel design of recent years) but the prices were higher than I ideally wanted to pay, Cotswold BMW quoted me £2730 for a set of wheels and TPMS! So I have been keeping an eye on BMW forums and eBay and last week I finally found a set for sale in the UK with Michelin MPSS tyres that have only done 1,500 miles.

6C3102FE-8CD9-43B4-998B-FD752130B729.jpeg

28BEA7E0-9178-478B-8130-FAA30E90DE51.jpeg

38FF5C19-61FB-40DD-B7F3-159C99249E32.jpeg

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I liked the look of these for the M4 but can’t help but feel the tyres look a bit too fat with the wheel... I think it’s the thickness of the lip maybe because not all 18s suffer from that.