ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fletch's BMW M2.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I liked the look of these for the M4 but can’t help but feel the tyres look a bit too fat with the wheel... I think it’s the thickness of the lip maybe because not all 18s suffer from that.

I personally quite like the fat tyre look, as I tend to always go down wheel sizes with my cars. These are also quite a bit lighter than the 437m so I have saved a bit more unsrpung weight.

Love fat tyres, looks amazing now!

Cheers Matt.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I personally quite like the fat tyre look, as I tend to always go down wheel sizes with my cars. These are also quite a bit lighter than the 437m so I have saved a bit more unsrpung weight.

Cheers Matt.

Tyres will be heavier though did you weigh just the rims or the tyres + rims?

Ps totally get that it’s personal, still not ruled it out for mine as I imagine it’d feel less edgy (not that it’s anywhere near skittish IMO) with fatter tyres (I’d be going from 20 not 19 as well!)

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Tyres will be heavier though did you weigh just the rims or the tyres + rims?

Ps totally get that it’s personal, still not ruled it out for mine as I imagine it’d feel less edgy (not that it’s anywhere near skittish IMO) with fatter tyres (I’d be going from 20 not 19 as well!)

Coppied and pasted off bimmerpost

Thanks for providing these data! So the 18" wheels (rims + tires) are 1.9 and 1.6 lbs lighter (front/rear), for a total of 7 lbs. less unsprung weight. That is bordering on significant.

We have reliable weights on the rims from BMW:

18" 513M
front = 8.92kg (19.6lbs)
rear = 9.44kg (20.8lbs)

19" 437M
front = 10.4kg (22.9lbs)
rear = 10.6kg (23.4lbs)

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
LOVE IT...!!!

I’m also a huge fan of chunkier tyres.

They’re transformed the car from a city show cruiser to something that looks like it’ll go on a track.

-Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Strangely like the new wheels, needs dropping to really pull it off I think.

M3 CS wheels or my BBS GT4 wheels would look amazing on the M2!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Love the car, love the wheels but for some reason that combo isn't working for me. I'd need a lower profile and lower suspension. It'd likely work then.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I don’t think my pictures do the wheel tyre combo justice, maybe it’s the angle of the second picture? TBH they do look a lot better in real life.

If I do plan on keeping the M2 long term then I will get a set of KW/ AST coilovers anyway, and maybe go for a 35 profile tyre. This is a better picture of another M2 on stock suspension and on the same wheels 275/40/18 255/40/18 Michelin MPSS tyres.

79AD9CE5-8DDA-497E-8C5C-F84260201CC7.jpeg

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
That doesn't look anywhere near as bad at that angle.

If you do drop it and go lower profile it's going to look superb.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I'd don't think it'll look too bad with a drop but I much prefer the old wheels personally, the new wheels just make it look a bit pov. Then again, it's not my car.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Quick update:

The M2 has now just ticked over 9k and running well!

I’ve never really been a fan of diamond cut wheels, and was disappointed when BMW only offered the 437m wheel option with the M2...They have grown on me bit now though.
Back in June I inquired about a set of BMW 513m wheels (my favourite BMW wheel design of recent years) but the prices were higher than I ideally wanted to pay, Cotswold BMW quoted me £2730 for a set of wheels and TPMS! So I have been keeping an eye on BMW forums and eBay and last week I finally found a set for sale in the UK with Michelin MPSS tyres that have only done 1,500 miles.

View attachment 1396686

YES!

They're also my favourite BMW wheel. I want a set for the 335 but they're not cheap! I'm jealous that you found a used set!

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I like the new wheels.

As already said, a small drop to close that gap and it’ll be spot on.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
The wheel tyre -combo of the 513m with the 40 profile is pretty much same size as the 19” 437m with the 35 profile, so the arch gap is pretty much identical.... But I know what you mean @Sir_Dave

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Nice wheels, but that 1” has a profound impact.

Are those wheels available in standard size?

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I like that. Makes it looks as if it was made for driving, which, with 9k miles on it already, you clearly enjoy doing Fletch!

Yes Mark, pretty much all weekend/ evening fun miles too.

Nice wheels, but that 1” has a profound impact.

Are those wheels available in standard size?

I presume you mean 19”? If so no, they only come in 18” and were a wheel option for the F80 M3 iirc.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Looks odd, but then I think the m2 always looks a bit odd in stationary pictures. Looks far better when moving.

The ride height etc just doesn't seem an issue
7ba10750b8f0b981cd4b549173b2db42.jpg

Chapati

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
I absolutely love that. Always thought the M2 look ”overwheeled” with the 19’s on. Proportions against the wheelarches just didn’t look at good as the 1M. Those wheels with that drop make it look epic. Brilliant choice sir. Well done ?