ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fletch's 150k 172 Project..

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
So this Tuesday was the day I finally had a roll cage fitted to the FletchBus (long overdue TBH)

Tuesday morning. My alarm went off at 5.00am; quick shower, cuppa and off I go on the 180 or so mile trip. I arrive at Area Motorsport/ Brosport at 9.00am and am greeted by Dave ( mini valver)

Off to the local Wetherspoons for a fry up and cappuccino

12975749123_9d81f1103f_z.jpg
[/url]
Untitled by fletcher10, on Flickr

Cage fitment in progress ( poor iPhone pics)

12975480504_13df06a754_z.jpg

A very productive but long day...arrived home about midnight but definitely worth it.

Big thanks to Mark, Dave and Rob :), really nice guys and I wouldn't hesitate to visit again.

**********************************************************************************************************

The aftermath of around 400 miles..

12975203263_3412263ac9_z.jpg

Quick warm snow foam..

12975206083_d4e5ec1bce_z.jpg

12975208453_7b7a3bde03_z.jpg

12975075655_107fab5f94_z.jpg

I will take some better pics with my SLR at the weekend :)

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
:D

Cheers Chris.

ABOUT TIME!!

Looks lovely mate, when are you next down my way??

Hi Russ. Not sure mate I think the ring trip is the same weekend as Combe spring performance action day :(

Nom nom nom. Looks great bud.

And you need to make Le Mans. :)

Thanks Oli :)

Like the cage and the fry up!

Cheers, the fry up was pretty good TBF

Proper cage mate, good stuff!

Yes Nick :)

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Mine did. Way less 'flex'. When I jack mine up at the front now, it lifts the back up. Lol! :)

Fletch's needed more structural rigidity, like driving a paper bag, so I hope it's had the same effect.

Yep, the back end could be very twitchy. Looking forward to taking it around the FletchRing tomorrow. :)

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Mine did. Way less 'flex'. When I jack mine up at the front now, it lifts the back up. Lol! :)

Fletch's needed more structural rigidity, like driving a paper bag, so I hope it's had the same effect.

That's normal for the back to lift when jacking the front. My Megane does it as well.

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Looks sick dude!! Its now ready for the ring!

Happy to help with your seats.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Still my favourite Phase 2 on here! The fact you're so commited to it makes it awesome!

Cheers Danny :eek:

You coming to Le Mans then Fletch?

Maybe Paul. Depends how work goes (floods have put me back a month) With the ring trip, house I might not have enough spare cash for it. :(

Looks sick dude!! Its now ready for the ring!

Happy to help with your seats.

Thanks Matt :)

Next jobs on the list are..

Fit PMS stud kit
Sort out some door cards
Paint/ tidy up interior
Refurb white 2118s Silver/ Red
Fix CV joint ( I noticed quite a bit of grease in the front offside wheel earlier)
Adjust xenons and clean them up

Clio 200 cup
Cars looking great fletch! Long time since I met up with you guys! How you finding the profi SPG ? I have them in my m3 and love them! Need to meet up soon bud!

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I popped over the Sam's ( mr n) the other day for him to give my headlights a going over with his rotary. :)

13349110024_ef0e2eed56_z.jpg

And I purchased a roll cage mount for my go pro.

13349104704_9b7e1934ba_z.jpg

When changing the wheels the other day I noticed quite of CV joint grease so that needs sorting, along with new rear discs/ pads and a service before the ring trip end of April.

Range Rover Sport
Been meaning to ask, did you notice any difference to the brake temperature when you removed the fog lights?

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
Fletch has painted half of the interior black already and those bits get much hotter than the rest of the original silver interior.

Fletch has painted half of the interior black already and those bits get much hotter than the rest of the original silver interior.

Didnt realise that! I did my whole interior satin black pretty much. I didnt notice the heat difference but then it was all black lol.

Silver would look good too, white gets to dirty to quick.

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
Didnt realise that! I did my whole interior satin black pretty much. I didnt notice the heat difference but then it was all black lol.

On a trackday we did the black bits were too hot to touch whereas the silver bits were fine.

I'd go for a grey like Josh Cook has in his 172 Cup.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Rattle cans and dont mask anything off, like my PH1 :) Frosted window effect is where its at in 2014

Overspray is where it's at mate.

Been meaning to ask, did you notice any difference to the brake temperature when you removed the fog lights?

Not really Aaron. I am running Compbrake 4 pots with separate bells/ rotors goodridge lines decent fluid and never had any overhearing issues. I am sure removing the fogs /arch liners would help cool the brakes mind.

White?

Its contagious. Lol!

White would look good in my car for 5 mins lol.

Half the interior is satin black currently mate.

On a trackday we did the black bits were too hot to touch whereas the silver bits were fine.

I'd go for a grey like Josh Cook has in his 172 Cup.

It did get hot that day at Brands Hatch.

IIRC that cup was owned by a friend of Josh. It looked great TBH :)