ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fletch's 150k 172 Project..

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
wheel looks cracking mate, im thinking of getting rid of the 197 and going for one of these!

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
depends if my mate comes through with the recaro pole positions im after, if i get them, its deffo happening :)

182 trackday racer
Looking good!

Dont know if your seat position is much lower than stock or how tall you are. But I find myself to close to the pedals if I get the steering wheel in perfect range. And now with lower seat position the steeringwheel is to high.

So I used 15mm spacers to get the steering wheel lower (you need to bend and cut some metal aswell) + 50mm snap-off to get the wheel closer = perfect

May be something to consider if you have the same problem.

Tim with his size isn't important lol. Was going to give you a call on Sunday Fletch to see if you needed a hand after Tim and Chris had sawn your steering column in half. Unfortunately was stripping my kitchem ready for the re-fit. Look forward to seeing it on Sunday.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Looks very good, steering wheel looks awsome

wheel looks cracking mate, im thinking of getting rid of the 197 and going for one of these!

Thanks guys, I am really happy with it. I've had it sat in the spare room for the last 11 months, so it was nice to finally fit it!

Looking good!

Dont know if your seat position is much lower than stock or how tall you are. But I find myself to close to the pedals if I get the steering wheel in perfect range. And now with lower seat position the steeringwheel is to high.

So I used 15mm spacers to get the steering wheel lower (you need to bend and cut some metal aswell) + 50mm snap-off to get the wheel closer = perfect

May be something to consider if you have the same problem.

I am 5-9/10 mate so not that tall, I also like to have my seat quite far forward so am happy with the steering wheel position ATM.

Do you do much road driving in the 182 with the Revenge seats fitted, if so how do you get on with the fixed wings come T junctions etc?

Tim with his size isn't important lol. Was going to give you a call on Sunday Fletch to see if you needed a hand after Tim and Chris had sawn your steering column in half. Unfortunately was stripping my kitchem ready for the re-fit. Look forward to seeing it on Sunday.

Sounds good, that reminds me I must do some more work on the house this week :eek:

See you on Sunday Peter.

Big Iain has the top of his retrimmed, was £100 iirc. Looking good mate.

Ah Big Iain that's him. I knew he was a Scottish member, I couldn't remember his name though.

Have you sorted your horn out on the V6 with this wheel fitted yet Ali?

182 trackday racer
I am 5-9/10 mate so not that tall, I also like to have my seat quite far forward so am happy with the steering wheel position ATM.

Do you do much road driving in the 182 with the Revenge seats fitted, if so how do you get on with the fixed wings come T junctions etc?

Im 5-8 as a reference.

My car is under a total rebuild so Ive never driven it with these seats. Guess they will complicate things a bit in everyday driving especially since you will be unable to lean forward because of the 6-point harness. But I dont mind, security on track is my priority, hardly drive it on road besides some trips to the ring :D

Oh and one more thing, If you want to fit a full cage with these seats you will need to strip the inner roof and likley the B-pillar as well. Otherwise there is no room for the tubing because of the seats.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Thanks guys, I am really happy with it. I've had it sat in the spare room for the last 11 months, so it was nice to finally fit it!

Sounds good, that reminds me I must do some more work on the house this week :eek:

See you on Sunday Peter.

Ah Big Iain that's him. I knew he was a Scottish member, I couldn't remember his name though.

Have you sorted your horn out on the V6 with this wheel fitted yet Ali?

Nah. A few lads have gone for the ph1 stalk tho with the horn on the end.

MK3, RX450H.
Why not spray the stripped out boot?
My friends got a ST and he's just sprayed all of his inside and it looks the part.
Makes it look less messy, if messy is the correct word....

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Im 5-8 as a reference.

My car is under a total rebuild so Ive never driven it with these seats. Guess they will complicate things a bit in everyday driving especially since you will be unable to lean forward because of the 6-point harness. But I dont mind, security on track is my priority, hardly drive it on road besides some trips to the ring :D

Oh and one more thing, If you want to fit a full cage with these seats you will need to strip the inner roof and likley the B-pillar as well. Otherwise there is no room for the tubing because of the seats.

Well if I do go for the Revenge seats I'll run seatbelts for road driving, and harnesses for the track etc. I will more than likely strip the whole car before fitting a cage.

Love it cant wait to have a look at it at combe :)

Cheers. Hopefully have a few more parts fitted before then too :approve:

Nah. A few lads have gone for the ph1 stalk tho with the horn on the end.

I've got a PH1 stalk already Ali.

Why not spray the stripped out boot?
My friends got a ST and he's just sprayed all of his inside and it looks the part.
Makes it look less messy, if messy is the correct word....

It does look the part, I've just finished doing mine black.. I'll take some pictures tomorrow for you

I am going to spray the back soonish guys.

I went for a ph1 stalk withthe horn on the end, don't need to do any re wiring just plug it in and job done :)

We /me Chris and Tim couldn't work out how to remove the existing stalk mate :S

Nothing at the mo :(
^^^Hell yeah Tom :approve:

Big thanks to Chris and Tim today for helping strip the back of the clio, and fit the steering wheel :cool:

Some updated pics of the interior..

5461849734_a9c3df1e59_z.jpg

5461246953_2a0b2f4b82_z.jpg

5461248651_a6af2cd8a4_z.jpg

Really happy with how the car drives ATM, with the smaller steering wheel, de-cat and weight loss.

Next job get the 2118s on.

How noisy is in inside the car when strippedl like this?

PH1 V6
Fletch, what boss kit did you need to buy for your Sabelt wheel? and how much if you dont mind me asking? cheers

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Order some Hankook RS2s and fit 2118s.

Get some matched inlets fitted, and remap, not sure which yet, and decide on what seats I am going to get.

Also been looking at fitting a shortshifter, and some Aerocatches to the bonnet :)

If you're not having RS2 or ITB's this year get the JMS Engine Works Package then sell that Maxogen piece of carbon wh*re sh*t :rasp:

I didn't like the shortshifter in Matt's Trophy, gear change felt worse. Also don't see the point of aerocatches until you have a reason for getting rid of the bonnet catch i.e. ITBs.

Another TAR weekend project then LOL.

Fletch and I will supervise you again then ;)

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
If you're not having RS2 or ITB's this year get the JMS Engine Works Package then sell that Maxogen piece of carbon wh*re sh*t :rasp:

I didn't like the shortshifter in Matt's Trophy, gear change felt worse. Also don't see the point of aerocatches until you have a reason for getting rid of the bonnet catch i.e. ITBs.

Fletch and I will supervise you again then ;)

I <3 my maxogen ;)

I had a go in Matt's Trophy with the B&M shortshifter, and liked it TBH mate :rasp:

Us watching Chris at work sounds about right TBF :eek:

.... I had a few hours spare today, and fixed one of my Karcher PW (I now have 3 lol) so I gave the bus a quick snow foam.

5470448827_3657011926_z.jpg

Quite pleased with the rear ride height still, considering how much weight I've removed!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Fletch, consider putting the foam back in where you're removed the rear quarter panels.

I took mine out originally, but then realised;

a, I saved absolutely nothing weight wise
b, the tiniest knock from anything inside the car without the foam in place would dent your bodywork

May not be an issue, but mine's often loaded up with wheels, tyres, jacks, tool boxes etc so back in it went...

100_4480.jpg

Fletch - I may have a B&M shortshifter available in the coming weeks ;) Its off a Megane 2.0 16v which is the same setup as the Mk1 clios, and I think there the same as the Mk2's!

Also have you seen the price for a shortshifter, a megane one new is £250! If mine fits you can have it for £50? :)

Oh and i'm really glad that your going to town on this car, its been far too long with you pussyfooting around with interior ;)

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Fletch - I may have a B&M shortshifter available in the coming weeks ;) Its off a Megane 2.0 16v which is the same setup as the Mk1 clios, and I think there the same as the Mk2's!

Also have you seen the price for a shortshifter, a megane one new is £250! If mine fits you can have it for £50? :)

Oh and i'm really glad that your going to town on this car, its been far too long with you pussyfooting around with interior ;)

I actually prefer the look of the KTR shoftshifter, and they aren't that expensive.

Yeah about time I removed the rear bench etc mate . ;)