ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fletch's 150k 172 Project..

Jeez 2 years since i left clio ownership but im back now and shocked to see that you're still going strong with the old firl

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
June/ July 2016- 155k update.

As I mention in my last update, during and after the 'Ring trip I had a misfire issue. So I booked the car into Rentech for Mike to give it a good check over and had the following replaced:

TDC sensor
Both lower front anti roll bar bushes
Power steering pressure switch
4 Injectors

The car is now running OK, no misfire and she is pulling very well indeed :)

I also gave her a oil change.
27750524854_1aa754b6a1_z.jpg
Untitled by Fletcher Cox, on Flickr

I finally sourced some iceberg headlight washer blanks (she needs a good wash!)

28333508566_3df1802eb1_z.jpg
Untitled
by Fletcher Cox, on Flickr

And purchased a new set of silver Speedline 2118's...my third set.

28333508546_c1d0f78d63_c.jpg

28367104815_902dff6d55_c.jpg

Next on my 'to buy' list.

A set of tyres more than likely Federal RSR's/ Nankang NS-2
Carbon Lorraine RC5/ Ferodo DS2500
4 point Schroth Harnesses

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Look great mate, What you doing the Mint white ones 😂

Getting the 'mint' white set resprayed red and these will become my track wheels :wink:

Get RC6 pads Fletch you won't regret it they are epic.

RC6 pads are what I am currently running mate (I really rate them too) and will continue using for track work- ring trips etc. I plan on running something a little less aggressive to try and keep my new 2118 silver.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Finally ordered some new rubber to go on my new silver 2118's, I went for a set of Yokohama Advan Neova AD08R. Having them fitted Friday afternoon.

Good choice :up:

Guess you found them much cheaper than when we looked at Micheldever Tyres website :eek:penmouth:

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Silver 2118's coated with C5, hopefully this will help with cleaning the brake dust off, and protect them.

29022382392_e905b96a00_z.jpg

On Saturday, Mel and I went to Origine RS, I had the morning track session booked. I was looking forward to it as I haven't been out on track since the April 'Ring trip and, as I previous mentioned above I had that annoying misfire. This would also be the first time I have done Goodwood, and the first time out on a track with db limits with my Pure Motorsport race exhaust system fitted....

Static test @ 5200RPM was 94db so a pass. However it didn't do very well with the db metres out on the track 😧 and was black flagged after my first lap.

I was planning on getting a centre silencer for it anyway, as It would make longer journeys more comfortable for me and passengers. The good news is I did really enjoy my short time out on the Goodwood circuit and the car was running very well, so I plan on booking a full day there soon.

29171158276_c6c8e71d5d_z.jpg

28917380220_2176b3cba8_z.jpg

Then on Sunday I fitted my new Silver 2118's wrapped with AD08r's.

http://www.cliosport.net/threads/silver-2118s-fitted.798346/#post-11193958

List of parts needed.

Schroth 4 point harnesses
PMS silenced centre section
New set of brake pads, currently running CL RC6 pads, might go for a set of DS1.11 next
CMcomposites or cup racer roof scoop

...And then something more interesting hopefully along the lines of ITB's,PMS manifold, 421 cams and gen 90 ECU :wink:

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
You'll be fine with a silencer in, mine at combe is only 88db static with one in.
I was at Goodwood with a friend a couple of Saturdays ago. Nice fast circuit

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Update:

My old snow foam lance died, so I bought a new one and some other bits and pieces from Clean your car.

29167976224_d4ff3b8497_z.jpg

Saturday just gone I went to CS Surrey Rolling road day. The car now on 156k made 175.2bhp and 157lbft so pretty pleased with that. What I am not so happy with is how lean the car is running :(

29682680212_b5239afe8b_z.jpg

How noisy is the pms exhaust on the road with no centre silencer? Buying one for mine and unsure weather to get the one with silencer or not? I don't use the car daily anymore but living right down in Plymouth all the tracks are a fair drive for me and don't want something that's going to leave me deaf when I get there but still want that awesome raspy sound Cheers

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
How noisy is the pms exhaust on the road with no centre silencer? Buying one for mine and unsure weather to get the one with silencer or not? I don't use the car daily anymore but living right down in Plymouth all the tracks are a fair drive for me and don't want something that's going to leave me deaf when I get there but still want that awesome raspy sound Cheers

Hi rrtam.

The PMS system with no centre silencer/cat is fine on the road, and when crusing on the motorway it's not a lot different from my old Ktec stealth with a centre silencer! I have driven to the 'ring and back with it fitted and it was fine.

..However when it gets above 5k it gets loud it sounds great, but is very raspy /loud. I only managed one lap of Goodwood, so for this reason I shall be fitting a centre silencer myself.

Ojc

Clio 220 Trophy, 172
Just read all 60 pages, some great work on this. I think I've seen you about as in South Central too.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Yep, can only echo what Ant said. If looked after and serviced well, there's no reason why they cannot go on and on, even with some hard pushing on the loud pedal!

Silver 2118's look really good Fletcher. ET38 or 43?

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Yep, can only echo what Ant said. If looked after and serviced well, there's no reason why they cannot go on and on, even with some hard pushing on the loud pedal!

Silver 2118's look really good Fletcher. ET38 or 43?

The F4R is a strong engine, and if looked after should go on and on. Once warm It gets driven very hard.

Cheers Mark, the offset is ET43...the same as my white, and anthracite set

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Update: Got some millers oil for a oil/ filter change.

6A19C289-3B70-4290-AF98-85563E5EA9AB.jpeg

Resprayed/ painted the inlets rocker cover with Hamerite silver paint.

E9B5C7AD-7751-4B41-937D-C454760B5E6F.jpeg
BC68A901-1C68-4286-AED5-0BC02DAF6572.jpeg

And finally purchased some new coilovers BC/ DR 8kg front 8kg rear springs, with adjustable top mounts.

A2D54770-528C-4ED1-9B4C-AC77F2EF5430.jpeg

The car is currently away having the above coilovers fitted corner weighted along with having a mot.

Cambelt change due next year, so am currently debating between either fitting some 421/438 cat cams, or 197 with group N timing... Thoughts on that please?

Attachments

• 06AC9039-4FAF-47EF-9A20-A73DA9761133.jpeg
    06AC9039-4FAF-47EF-9A20-A73DA9761133.jpeg
    514.3 KB · Views: 263