ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting twin optic headlamps on 1999 clio

Does anyone know if it is possible to simply replace the plain standard lights that come on the 1998-01 models (mine is V-reg 99) with the twin optic types on the sport models (98-01)?

Was wondering if it was a straight forward swap by plugging them in or requires some rewiring/electrical work?

This link to a clio on ebay is a T-reg and has twin optics fitted that I want which makes me think it is possible: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=9861&item=4529035535&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVWhttp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=9861&item=4529035535&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVWhttp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4529035535&fromMakeTrack=true

I asked an online shop that is selling them but could only tell me "Any comments as to direct fitment made on our listing is either based on personal experience or customer feedback , this is one of our best selling lights and no one as yet has complained they could not install the lamps directly , that said i am only going on client info as stated and therefore cannot guarantee that some work is not required to complete satisfactory operation" - not a very helpful answer and no refunds if I try to fit them and they don t work!!!

Any help gratefully appreciated. And sorry if this is a time-old question.

Golf R/Leon FR

i think they will fit straight onto ur car mate. cos u should have 4 bulbs, head, side, beam, and indicator bulbs so i would imagine they will fit into the holes for each bulb on the twin light. i have the twin headlight on my car but it came with them. provided u have the same bulbs i cant see why they wont fit. hope this helps dude.

Lots of Alfas

I have ftted them and have a small guide I made at home, ill post it tonight. Its simple, bit of wiring needed and you need 2 HB3 bulbs and 2 H7 bulbs. Oh and a 5amp red fuse to fit in the fuse box.

I’ve done the conversion not too hard to do except the re-wiring which I didn’t do, luckily my m8s dad is an electrician and he did it for me in about 20 mins for free. He showed me what he did and it isn’t really that hard.

All that needs doing is the split of the single bulbs wire (single optic lights have one bulb for high and low beam while the double optic has a bulb for each function). Finding out what each wire did was the hardest part just some trail and error till you get it right. Sidelights and indicator wires go straight on no problem.

But you got to make sure you buy the right bulbs for the lights as you cant use the old one; the headlamps from AndySpares only come with the sidelights and indicator bulbs.

The low beam bulb is HB3, and the high beam bulb is H7 (9005), get them from http://www.powerbulbs.com/SPAN style=COLOR: black">www.powerbulbs.com/SPAN, I did and got ultra blue sidelights free with them. BTW they aren’t cheap!

Some one from here wrote this out for me

hope this helps

Another thing you will need to change is the motors from the old lights and fit them onto the new lights not hard just clips in and out, this allows you to adjust the height of the beam, make sure that you line up the parts then clip them in otherwise the motor wont be connected properly and the lights wont be able to be adjusted. I found this out and it’s quite tricky.

One more thing that I can think of is you need to put an extra fuse in the fuse box, it goes where there is a picture of a light that looks like its on full beam. This prevents the low beam going out when you turn your full beam on.
Sorry for the long post I hope this helps.

Audi S3 225

Ya ive done it as well, real easy job, have to take the small part of the bumper insert out under the lights, i snapped a clip and had to glue it back together, so be careful.

The lights wont come with the bulbs except the indicators and sidelights, so get the ones menthioned earlier from http://www.powerbulbs.comwww.powerbulbs.com and i think you still get the free bluevision sidelights and while your there why not buy the silvervision indictors for the front and rear! :)

And the fuse is needed so that the low beam doesnt stay on when you turn on the full beam.

Go for it m8, will look so much better.

Cheers for all this info - this is a great help, think I might wait for the weather to warm up before getting stuck in!

Dave (from above post) says that Hella who make the lights offer a ready made adapter connector ( part number 8ka 152 601-001) which should save a bit on fiddling about with wires. Not sure where I can order them from though, any idea?

I havent bought the lights yet so any suggestions for wheres best place to get them would be great too?

Thanks!

Cheers again Dave, can you do me one last favour and pm me when you put the guide up, no rush as I wont get around to tackling it until next month.

Hi davebem,

My Clio here in Sweden would also look great with the twin optics. :)

Very interested in your little guide & some pics perhaps...