ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting rain/light sensor to windscreen?

Do I need a special windscreen for this? My cars had the screen replaced at some point and theres no sensor anymore for the auto lights and wipers. Can I fit a sensor or do I need a specific windscreen? Can't see a new windscreen being cheap just to get that functionality back but I quite like it.

Cheers!

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Are the sensors still there - possibly been tucked under the roof lining or something? should just be a case of getting the proper rear view mirror housing and then planting the sensors back in there. You wont need a special windscreen. I think you need some special gel for the rain sensor - people have mentioned ibuprofen gel works but never tried it myself.

Cheers mate,I'll pull the headlining down tomorrow and see if the sensors still there, I was under the impression I would need a different windscreen though as the little black dots around the edge would obscure the sensor? Hopefully it'll be as simple as pulling the sensor out from under the headlining,sticking it back on with the little diamond shaped pad and gel then buying a new cover for it.

I doubt the sensor will still be there though as the SERV light is on(with no other lights) and I've read that it can often be the rain sensor that throws it up.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
What car is it? Does that mean when you click once up you have intermittent wipe?

If so I'd take that over the auto wipers any day.