ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting Harness to ISOFIX can't find answers?

Clio 182 FF
Wanting to fit a harness to my Clio, but want to keep the rear seats as i'm only having harness for the drivers seat.
Has anyone fitted harness to the ISOFIX

I'm going to get these harness to they have the clip in fittings
http://www.sportseats4u.co.uk/omp-racing-4m-harness/prod_2564.html?added=1
IMG_8036.JPG

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I used to have harnesses fitted to my old 182 with the rear seats fitted. I used the isofix bolt and fed the 3rd point harness underneath the bar and fixed both down with the bolt.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
If your referring to me, then the answer is no. I had recaro trendlines and went through the loop holes in the seats for the 1st and 2nd point harnesses.

Clio 182 FF
One bucket seat for the drivers side with harness and original seatbelt and original seat passenger side.

What's the best way to attach the harness keeping the rear seats in?

Clio 182 FF
done a little research, if the ISOFIX is designed to secure a baby seat to the chassis of the car, surely it would be up to the job of holding harness?

I may see if I can get some slightly bulkier hooks on the ISOFIX welded on.

Opinions and knowledge please?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You can remove the isofix bar and fit harnesses whilst keeping the rear seats.

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
Sorry to bump an old thread, but just wondering if anyone's got pics of a three-point harness threading through the rear seats? I want to stick my back seats in while retaining the driver's side harness in the front, bolted to the Isofix bar hole in the boot (presently the rear of the interior is stripped but I've calculated that it's barely earned me 4hp per tonne improvement so I'm going back to a more OEM ish look).

Just wondering if the harness will thread through the back bench seats neatly to reach the Isofix hole or if there's a bend in the harness to reach it? In my mind it'll be fine but just checking nobody's had any issues before I dedicate my Fri morn to digging all the bits out of the shed!