ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting Dogbone

Arctic 182
Hi dudes,

Has anyone managed to remove the old bushes without a workbench and vice? I was going to attack this tomorrow but dont want to take the mount of and then not be able to remove bushes...

I dont have a workbench and vice and dont fancy buying one just to fit the new bushes...

Sean

Teg
It's easy pal... Did mine other week without a bench or vice.

I just rested the edge of the mount on a block of wood and then smashed the bushes out with an hammer.. Took less than a minute to remove them. I sprayed the mount with WD40 to act as a bit of lubrication to help remove them easier.

Arctic 182
It's easy pal... Did mine other week without a bench or vice.

I just rested the edge of the mount on a block of wood and then smashed the bushes out with an hammer.. Took less than a minute to remove them. I sprayed the mount with WD40 to act as a bit of lubrication to help remove them easier.
Wicked thanks mate

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Leave the small one in just swop big Bush stops all the engine movement with none of the vibration :wink:

Arctic 182
F** me have you guys used the hammer of thor to get these out? Really struggling... been bashing it for a good 10 minutes and it doesnt seem to want to budge!

Clio 182
I know you dont have a vice but it is alot easier, have you a local garage u can pop to and get them to press it out for a beer token?

If not just keep hitting it!!

Arctic 182
Haha eventually got there.

Used about half a can of wd40 and then heated the bush up with a heat gun. After doing this it came out very easily.

Thanks for help!

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
I did mine without. The smaller end is harder but I used a house brick with the holes in and just belted it with a hammer until it came out [emoji106]

my preferred method an all.

OP, did you hit the rubber bit or the ring around it? lol

Arctic 182
my preferred method an all.

OP, did you hit the rubber bit or the ring around it? lol
Larger side i blasted the bush itself out first and then the metal ring after. Didnt have any trouble with the smaller side, hit it about 10 times after heating up and lube and it came out nice and easily. [emoji3]

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
ahh, I think for the smaller side I dropped a 3/8" extension bar down it and battered that through.
Larger side I just work around the metal ring with the hammer, a couple of good belts every 90' so it doesn't twist and comes out straight

Clio 182
I'm enjoying everyones different methods of removing the bushes haha
Anybody going for the new top engine mount they've just brought out?