ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting Corbeau Club Sport Seats

Oddesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, FK2 Type R
I'm looking to get some Corbeau club sports for my 172 cup, been reading a few threads about fitting seats in general, just wondering the best subframes to buy for them? Was looking at either the OMP ones or some from Jon Foz, read a few posts saying that the OMP frames sit wonky and are too high if you're quite tall and that the XLows from Jon Foz would be better for a taller driver. Surely the on the OMPs they cant sit higher than the standard seats?

Can anyone clear this up for me?

Cheers!

OMP ones don't still much lower than OE. For reference I'm 6ft on Jon Foz xlows and sliders and find it a tad to high still. I need to bin the sliders and it will be perfect.

Oddesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, FK2 Type R
When you say too high do you mean higher than OE? I'm 6ft1 and I don't find the OE too bad, maybe I'm just used to it. I need the sliders as my GF occasionally drives my car. Sounds like the Xlows will be best. Do you know anything about the OMP's sitting wonky?

S-Max & Mk7 GTi
I’ve got some ClubSports on order and am waiting on some JonFoz xlows, I’m hoping for quite a bit lower than oe as I’m 6’5” (probably 6’7” with a helmet on)

When you say too high do you mean higher than OE? I'm 6ft1 and I don't find the OE too bad, maybe I'm just used to it. I need the sliders as my GF occasionally drives my car. Sounds like the Xlows will be best. Do you know anything about the OMP's sitting wonky?
See I found the OE driving position horrendous, way to high for my liking! Yeah the OMP frames will sit slightly wonky but this can be rectified with spacers like washers or similar. Sounds to me the JF xlow frames maybe a little to low especially if the missus drives the car.

Jon Foz are the ones to go with, I'm a short arse at 5ft7 and with sliders in they were perfect for me, so you may find them a tad high with sliders but if you need them for the wench they will still be a tad lower than OMP without sliders IMO.

Oddesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, FK2 Type R
See I found the OE driving position horrendous, way to high for my liking! Yeah the OMP frames will sit slightly wonky but this can be rectified with spacers like washers or similar. Sounds to me the JF xlow frames maybe a little to low especially if the missus drives the car.

I'm probably just used to it, been driving the car for a while with the OE seats now. Maybe I'll just get the Xlows and tell my GF to wear platforms ha.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I'm on OMP's with these seats minus the standard runners the seats come with, perfect height for me and im 5"10. Would never recommend the OMP subframes to anyone though, takes so much pissing around with washers to get them sat roughtly flat.

Oddesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, FK2 Type R
I'm on OMP's with these seats minus the standard runners the seats come with, perfect height for me and im 5"10. Would never recommend the OMP subframes to anyone though, takes so much pissing around with washers to get them sat roughtly flat.

That's good to know, will probably speak to Jon Foz then, cheers for the advice!

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
I'm also running JonFoz mounts with Corbeau seat's.

I'm not running any sliders. my set up is Seats > Side mount > Subframe.

I'm 6ft and love the driving position. Although like @JB21 I hate the original driving position. According to my post the seating position is 17cm lower this way over standard.

Like to how I fitted them can be found here: https://www.cliosport.net/threads/2005-rb-182-cup.800737/page-3

Oddesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, FK2 Type R

I'm 6ft and love the driving position. Although like @JB21 I hate the original driving position. According to my post the seating position is 17cm lower this way over standard.

Like to how I fitted them can be found here: https://www.cliosport.net/threads/2005-rb-182-cup.800737/page-3

That's really useful, cheers man. Car looks awesome, cant wait to get mine sorted

S-Max & Mk7 GTi

This is really helpful matey, thank you.

One quick question, I’ve ordered new Clubsports direct from Corbeau which are due end of Feb (think they’re a slightly newer design?!), they come with runners and I have my name down for some Foz xlows, is it just a case of removing the runners then bolting the seat straight to the foz frames? Do I need anything between the seat and the foz frames?!

One quick question, I’ve ordered new Clubsports direct from Corbeau which are due end of Feb (think they’re a slightly newer design?!), they come with runners and I have my name down for some Foz xlows, is it just a case of removing the runners then bolting the seat straight to the foz frames? Do I need anything between the seat and the foz frames?!
Side mounts.

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
That's really useful, cheers man. Car looks awesome, cant wait to get mine sorted

Thanks. Once you get started its really easy. The thing which took me the longest was getting the seat in the correct position, as it now fixed so I wanted t get it right first time.

Cheers.

So @a17vts which side mounts did you get?

As @JB21 said my set up is Seat > Side mount > Subframe.

Regarding what sidemounts I have, I honestly don't know. I purchased my seats second hand and they had them already attached. Although I'm sure most will work. I've got an email somewhere which I sent to @Darren61 which has all the bolts/washers/etc listed. I'll find it now and copy it below.

Tom

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
Below is an email which I believe has a lot of links etc to part required, please excuse any errors:

• With the cage, once you welded it, what paint did you use and where did you get it? - If you mean the interior plates I just used general car primer and some spare black paint I had laying around. I gave it a good few coats of primer and then a good few coats of paint. I then painted the underside of the car with some Bolt Hamber stuff, I can’t seem to locate the items used. However in hindsight I would have used this stuff from screwfix, much cheaper and get I’ve since done over mine in this. https://www.screwfix.com/p/hammerite-vehicle-underbody-aerosol-seal-black-600ml/6221h

• With regard to the seats, I've seen you got your bolts/washers/nuts from a few different places. I plan to do the same but was wondering exactly what I'll need? I'm assuming it's 4 bolts/washers/nuts to hold the subframe down (I'm going to get the Jon Foz ones) I just wanted to get the right sizes/lengths. Will I also need more bolts/washers/nuts to attach the side mounts to the subframe? - I’m also running the Jon Foz items so hopefully this should be easy. I’m not running any runners and my seats are mounted directly to the side mount then to the subframe. The items used are as follows:
    • Bolt for subframe to car (I used the existing nuts) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Self-Colo...hash=item2a52789e27:m:mfuYtaDlu0PdT2VURk48Jkw You’ll need M8, 40mm length & you need at least 8 of them. Four each seat.
    • Washers. I used two washers on each bolt, as I wanted all the bolts and washers on display to be black (anal I know). Firstly I ordered some cheap penny washers from Toolstation https://www.toolstation.com/shop/Screws+%26+Fixings/d90/Nuts+%26+Washers/sd920/Penny+Washer/p94063 again you’ll need at least 8 of these but as they are only 62p for a packet of 10 Its worth picking up a few, I got 3 bags. I then ordered some black stainless ones to make it look pretty http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/A2-BLACK-Stainless-Steel-M8-Penny-Mudguard-Repair-Washers/321702325904?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649you’ll want M8 x 25mm again you’ll need at least 8 of these but maybe order at least 12 as you may want some of these for the harnesses. I think I ordered 20 to be safe.
    • In summary the bolts got through the subframe into the current holes with silver washer (tool station) and then the black washer on top (eBay) The subframe can only be mounted one way IIRC.
    • Sidemounts to the subframe I then used M8, 25mm length bolts to secure these (same link as other bolts) again you’ll need at least 8 of these (however maybe more depending on how the seats are mounted to the sidemounts) I then used https://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/nuts-bolts-washers/demon-tweeks-high-tensile-nyloc-nuts M8 x 1.25 nuts. Again I then used two washer on the top (silver & black although can’t remember the size) and only one underneath. I can’t find the washer I got but they were much smaller than the penny washers above. These were a little bit of trial and error to get in the right place.
    • Sidemounts to seat. My seats came already bolted to the side mounts however I did plan on using the bolts as detailed above (M8 x 25mm) with some small washers on the side.
    • I’m not the best at detailing what I’ve done but I’ll try and get some pics tomorrow evening and send them across, but if you want to give me a call at any point my number is at the bottom and I can talk you through it.

• And finally can you let me know what/where you bought the high tensile eyelets for the 6 Point Harnesses? I'm happy to replicate exactly what you've done but just need a bit of guidance. Did you just drill through the floor? - So I used these brackets to secure the lap belts either side (4 required) https://www.msar.co.uk/motorsports/...Harness-Hardware/Schroth-B23A-Bracket_88.html I’m still not overly sure on these but I didn’t want to go crazy and drill holes left right and centre. I then secured these with bolts and nuts to the subframe, I’ll take some pics tomorrow night to make it clear. Basically the one closest to the handbrake is secured by the bolt that holds the subframe to the vehicle. I put mine under the subframe and bent it up. The one by the door was mounted with another M8 x 25mm high tensile bolt (same as above) to the spare hole in the subframe, with a couple of washers (black and silver on top and just silver underneath). Once I ping you the pics it will be clear. I was advised by Mark Fish that the outer lap mounting points could be secured to the roll cage mounting point. Basically replace a roll cage bolt with an eyelet one, however I’ve not yet done this. Finally For the crotch strap I did drill the floor, I basically found the middle of the seat and then drilled two hole either side of the centre line. TBH I went a little too far back when I drilled mine but you’ll have to drill just behind the cross member thing! I used the eyelets provided with the harnesses and drilled holes just big enough and then used these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-x-RSA-F...531157?hash=item566b4f1095:g:MecAAOSwaNBUfQ8O underneath the car. Make sure the tole holes are further enough away so the plates can sit flush. I also put a bit of silicone around the plate to stop any water ingress and then finally sprayed them with the paint detailed above from Screwfix.

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
@Oddesy @Photomattbrown

Happy to advise if you have any questions on fitting the Clubsports and Jon Foz Subframes. Tom (@a17vts ) did all the leg work but couldn’t have done it without his help so happy to share my experiences and help if anyone needs it?

It’s a great set up for the Clio and gives you a proper driving position unlike the standard seats.

S-Max & Mk7 GTi
Thanks @Darren61

If the Clubsports do come with sidemounts that’ll be ace, I’ve emailed the sales guy at Corbeau to double check.

I’m due to get delivery end of Feb/early March so I might just order all the fixings that are detailed in the post above so that I’m ready to go. Have got harnesses and a Sabelt wheel to go on at the same time.

Oddesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, FK2 Type R
@Oddesy @Photomattbrown

Happy to advise if you have any questions on fitting the Clubsports and Jon Foz Subframes. Tom (@a17vts ) did all the leg work but couldn’t have done it without his help so happy to share my experiences and help if anyone needs it?

It’s a great set up for the Clio and gives you a proper driving position unlike the standard seats.

Cheers man, appreciated

Gc8

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182FF
Thanks @Darren61

If the Clubsports do come with sidemounts that’ll be ace, I’ve emailed the sales guy at Corbeau to double check.

I’m due to get delivery end of Feb/early March so I might just order all the fixings that are detailed in the post above so that I’m ready to go. Have got harnesses and a Sabelt wheel to go on at the same time.

Hi mate. When did you place the order for the seats? Just wondering whether I’ve missed the boat for a similar delivery date..

Gc8

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182FF
I'm guessing this is Dan? I contacted him earlier as I wanted to pay a visit to their showroom before ordering anything. Thanks for the kind offer though.

S-Max & Mk7 GTi
I took out the passenger seat last night in preparation for subframes arriving, what have people done with the seatbelt pretensioner wiring? Does this cause dashlight issues?

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
I just used a resistor. There is a guide in here somewhere.

Although I do plan on getting it removed with CLIP over time.

S-Max & Mk7 GTi
Thanks Jon.

Anyone have any idea where to get the resistors from, found a kit on eBay but £50 seems a bit expensive!