ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting a HU into a 06 Clio

Clio 1.4 (2006)
Afternoon All,

This is my first post of many.

I have just got myself a 1.4 (06 reg) Clio. I'm trying to swap over my stereo into this car but having endless trouble getting the stereo to fit. On the HU their is quite allot of cable to try and fit into such a tight gap.

Can anyone provide help on how to make this fit. I have tried looking at removing the top half or the whole dash, but am unsure oh where most of the screws / clips are.

Any help would be great.

Thanks
Stewart

Clio 3 - 08
Afternoon All,

This is my first post of many.

I have just got myself a 1.4 (06 reg) Clio. I'm trying to swap over my stereo into this car but having endless trouble getting the stereo to fit. On the HU their is quite allot of cable to try and fit into such a tight gap.

Can anyone provide help on how to make this fit. I have tried looking at removing the top half or the whole dash, but am unsure oh where most of the screws / clips are.

Any help would be great.

Thanks
Stewart

I had the same problem but worse, I had to fit 3 sets of RCA leads a box for the steering wheel controls and a USB cable.

The best thing to do is take the glove box off.

To do this take dash trim off the passenger side (above the glove box) then take the screws holding the glove box in and you can get you hand in behind the radio.

hope this helps

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
I had this problem with my DVD player.

Does your CD player have a cage ?

Mine did, so i removed the cage from the hole and slotted it over the stereo. Then i removed the hazzard buttons on top of the HU slot and then pushed the HU in, putting my hand in where the hazzard buttons where to try and squeeze the cables inside. Then i bent the prongs up on the cage to stop it from being nicked, then pushed the hazards back in. Hope this helps matey. :)

Clio 1.4 (2006)
Cheers for the replies.

The HU Does havre a cage.

I did try to remove the Glove Box but wasnt to sure on how to remove it.

I will try these ways tomorrow and let you know how i got on.

White Sti Hatch
Pop the Dash stip off above the Glove Box and remove the T20 Screw ( 3 If i remeber right) open the glove box and theres one with a washer on it in the center at the top, Now open the passenger door and youll see a warning sticker on a removable pannel pop this out ( use a bit of force ) theres another screw in there now the Glove Box will just pull out mate.....

Once its out youll be able to get your hand in to pull the cables right out to get the Head Unit back i had the same problem, you sould also pop the center Air vent out and youll get at it that way as well.

Cheers for the replies.

The HU Does havre a cage.

I did try to remove the Glove Box but wasnt to sure on how to remove it.

I will try these ways tomorrow and let you know how i got on.