ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First time Clio owner Needs HELP!

Renault Clio 182 Cup
Hi so got my fist clio this week and thought joining this forum would be helpful. This is my first post so bear with me.

Just got myself a 182 Cup in Blue. Only had it 3 days and loving it:D.

Need a Few things for people to help me with,
i have noticed it pops out of third gear occasionally and wondering if there is any comon problems? Or should i be worried?:S
But other than that just small cosmetic things im looking for are, new gear leaver gaiter, new rear bumper and a new airbox.
If anyone has any help it would be appreciated.

Clio SilvGP 28/50
Hi so got my fist clio this week and thought joining this forum would be helpful. This is my first post so bear with me.

Just got myself a 182 Cup in Blue. Only had it 3 days and loving it:D.

Need a Few things for people to help me with,
i have noticed it pops out of third gear occasionally and wondering if there is any comon problems? Or should i be worried?:S
But other than that just small cosmetic things im looking for are, new gear leaver gaiter, new rear bumper and a new airbox.
If anyone has any help it would be appreciated.

alrite mate, erm first of all i wouldnt reccommend changing the air box for a halfords one or anything..... will eventually ruin your engine make sure you get a decent one ...nothing cheap. about it popping out of 3rd gear.... not to sure .... is it when you put your foot down? or at anytime ? try putting it in 3rd gear while not moving and see how much play there is moving it left to right .... if there is alot of play moving it then maybe it could be the rubber bush gear selector?....not to familiar with clios yet as only got into clios around 16 months ago and havnt had a problem yet (touch wood) hope this helps.

Renault Clio 182 Cup
Yea i was thinking of putting a genuine Renault airbox on there. Just some fake K&N thing strapped to it now.

About the gear box it pops out steady driving at around 30. The slightest bump just knocks it out.

Just keeping my eyes open on here rather than going direct to renault.

Now Sold :-(
Get someone to rev the engine while you have a look at it. (While parked obviously) Check if the engine moves back and forward when under load.
Could be as simple as a worn engine mount. The lower dog bone mount is a common weak point.

welcome btw.