ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First PC attempt... very pic heavy

A slow one :-(
Hi Folks,
Well today was a good a day as any other to crack out the PC for the first time.
My subject was my little brothers Clio Grande. I think I can count on one hand the amount of times it has been washed in the last 4 years he has owned it.
Truth be known despite the fact this was my first attempt with a PC I am a little disappointed with the results... the defect correction is far from perfect.
So the process:
Washed using Serious Performance Shampoo - 2 bucket method.
Then clayed using megs quick clay... OMG how dirty was the car :eek:
I then went to the interior... bit minging in here. Just a hoover out and a quick wipe down with a water and fairy liquid combo. I hate doing the interior...
Then onto the exterior... well I cracked open some SSR2 on a white sonus SFX pad. This didn't appear to touch the scratches so I ended up using SSR 2.5 on a Yellow pad. This seemed to do the trick but I was a little disappointed with the number of scratches left. (maybe my technique or I need a more abrasive polish???)
Then went the car again with SSR2.5 with a white pad just to crispen the paint up. Boy was I tired by now.
From here I wanted to apply Klasse AIO and then go onto my LSP... but as the light was rapidly going I chose to go straight to my Collinite 476S.
Trim was treated with Poorboys Natural look
And here are the photos enjoy:
Before photos:
Alex004.jpg

Alex001.jpg

DSCF0074Small.jpg

DSCF0072Small.jpg

Alex003.jpg

Alex005.jpg

And what is this? Well apparently it is a scone which is at LEAST a year old. Alongside this I found a 5 pound note and a couple of quids worth of change under the front seat.
Alex017.jpg

Before I post the afters this is the reason why I am disappointed with the end results.
So before

DSCF0076Small.jpg

And afters:

DSCF0088Small.jpg

Clay from half the bonnet:

Image007Small.jpg

Yes photo quality on the after photo is rubbish BUT there is still some paint imperfections there. Still I reckon a good turnaround considering my knowledge and expertise.
Now the afters:

DSCF0080Small.jpg

DSCF0082Small.jpg

DSCF0084Small.jpg

DSCF0085Small2.jpg

DSCF0090Small.jpg

DSCF0091.jpg

DSCF0093Small.jpg

DSCF0095Small.jpg

Thanks for reading...

Cheers for the comments folks... photos are all over the shop so appologies for that.

Rich - yeah my bro is a propper messy bugger. He's getting an Audi S3 when he leaves uni in the summer so I WILL make sure its cared for. Don't think my parents can believe the turnaround on it.

Anyone got any suggestions how to nail the deeper scratches? Is that more of getting a better technique or getting a stronger polish?

very nice eddie, id be impressed with that. i did mine 1st time over xmas, did it again about a month later as i was told that i just had not been tough enough. mine wasnt quite as bad as that but was close, and i barely touched the swirls. had another bash, went quite steady and tough and came up as good as yours has :)

would suggest scratch x for the worse scratches. can be lethal stuff though so be careful :)

jamie

106 GTi
Scratch X is quite mild far from Lethal IMO, akin to Megs 9 and 82, so more mild than the SSR 2.5 Eddie has used already.

Have you got any 4 inch pads, a light cut pad 4 inch pad with SSR 2.5 to give some more cut would be my first route.

If that does not cut it, then I would step up to something like Menzerna Intensive Polish

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
How can you be dissapointed? It's a car thats had no care paint wise at all and it came up that shiny.

How can you be dissapointed? It's a car thats had no care paint wise at all and it came up that shiny.

To be honest I am a perfectionest... I was hoping to shift alot of the "deeper" scratches. But my bros happy with it so I guess thats what matters.

Practice makes perfect though... will pc my Cup in a couple of weeks.

Cheers for the advice Rich -

RB 182
Top work Eddie. Your not giving yourself enough credit for that. It's a great result you've got there, especially your first attempt.

Aye, just popped out this morning to have a look under better light.

Looks loads better... paintwork is soooo much better. Has so much more depth to it... I recon I've removed about 80% of the scratches and most of the swirls if not more.

Will crack on some more Collinite next weekend to finish it off properly and put some AIO on the doors.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Really good turnaround on that paintwork!

When I first used the PC I had over-estimated it but when I got used to it the results got better. Still learning too :)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
nice job...You'll learn more everytime you use it...i'm still a complete novice.