ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First DSLR Thinking of getting this...

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Great starter camera, I have one and love it.

Seems a decent deal that too!

Read the stickies in the photography section for guides.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I couldn't put a number on it, but it lasts a very long time between charges.

If battery life is a concern you could get a grip and run 2 batteries.

2.2 bar shed.
Think its about 70 quid cheaper through kerso on talkphotography. Might be able to get a 600d for that price.

2.2 bar shed.
I'll have a look, 600d a big jump from a 550d worth the extra?

Its got a swively tilty screen. Thats about it though, its useful for video/shots on the ground. Not something I'd personally use a massive amount though?

I hear about this Kerso guy a lot, is he a trader on Talk Photography or something?

Yup.

"Navy" N17 TWO
People are going to hate me for this but does it have to be Canon lol?

Go into a camera place and handle a few, flick through the menus etc

Whichever you get on with best - go for it :)

2.2 bar shed.
Find whats best for you etc blah blah blah.

Prices off Kerso are -

Canon 600D (T3i) body £499

Canon 600D (T3i) 18-55mm IS kit £599

Canon 550D (T2i) 18-55mm IS kit £529

Personally id get a 600d leave out the kit lens and get a niddy fiddy and a cheapish zoom. Depends on what you want though obviously.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I'd pay the extra £20 to buy from jessops, much easier to return should anything happen.

Main advantage of the 600D is that it has built in wireless flash trigger.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
I'd pay the extra £20 to buy from jessops, much easier to return should anything happen.

Main advantage of the 600D is that it has built in wireless flash trigger.
That's what in thinking of doing. Alot less bother plus you can pick it up from a store instead of it being in the post

Find whats best for you etc blah blah blah.

Prices off Kerso are -

Canon 600D (T3i) body £499

Canon 600D (T3i) 18-55mm IS kit £599

Canon 550D (T2i) 18-55mm IS kit £529

Apologies for crashing the thread but whats the deal with this guy? Warranty? Grey import? Returns?

I have a 500D and love it. Great camera to learn with.

As said though, biggest regret I made was paying extra to get the kit lens, which I've now grown out of after a year of ownership.

Get body only with some after market lenses.

I have a 500D and love it. Great camera to learn with.

As said though, biggest regret I made was paying extra to get the kit lens, which I've now grown out of after a year of ownership.

Get body only with some after market lenses.

Why is that a regret though? Surely the kit lens has served you well and put you in a position that you now hanker after primes? Which is great!

I see so many people slating kit lenses on tinterweb but rarely (never) see photos that make me think I wish that had been taken with a prime ;)

Why is that a regret though? Surely the kit lens has served you well and put you in a position that you now hanker after primes? Which is great!

I see so many people slating kit lenses on tinterweb but rarely (never) see photos that make me think I wish that had been taken with a prime ;)

Touche, that's a good point you make!

Great starter (I have the 450D) but as said the kit lens is useless, I barely use mine, tend to leave the 50mm on it. Really need to invest in a decent walkabout myself.

EDIT: just seen the post above, good point and TBF the kit lens was enough to keen me happy for 6-8 weeks before I was hankering for a new lens...