ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finally. I bought an ///M3.

e91 330d/type r mini
sold my m3 yesterday, was gutted to see it go as its been a cracking car for the last 2 1/2 years, took a black megane r26 in px. got offered a really good deal that i couldnt refuse so had to let it go.
i will get another one sometime but in the meantime i will have to keep an eye on this thread to keep me inspired :)
when you getting the floor checked?

Z4
sold my m3 yesterday, was gutted to see it go as its been a cracking car for the last 2 1/2 years, took a black megane r26 in px. got offered a really good deal that i couldnt refuse so had to let it go.
i will get another one sometime but in the meantime i will have to keep an eye on this thread to keep me inspired :)

Bad times! I bet you'll love the reduction in running costs though lol.
How do you find the r26 in comparison? I guess a remap would help ease the pain! Torque will help :)

e91 330d/type r mini
Bad times! I bet you'll love the reduction in running costs though lol.
How do you find the r26 in comparison? I guess a remap would help ease the pain! Torque will help :)
it came with a rs tuning stage 2 remap,miltek and forge cooler so its not bad, im not keeping it to long as i want a e90 330dtouring and think the megane will be easier to px as it only has 37k on the clock and is a 2008 :)
its a good car in its own right but its just not an m3

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

Floor was checked by Cooper Thames Ditton last Thursday - all fine :D

Had a good over it whilst it was up in the air as well, pleased to report that its not two cars stuck together ...

Collected these s3xy things last night as well, seller was a lover of detailing, so its safe to say that they are quite clean :eek:

IMG_1100.jpg

Cant wait to get these on, & the tints off. Will be perfect then. Well bar maybe some Eibachs ...

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
How much ching have you punted so far?

I will email you back eventually btw...

330i. E30 Touring.
If that response is SRS, we need to go on a mad night where I educate you. Sir_Streetwize, y0.

Never above 25mpg
Wheels look mint! I've been contemplating depo smoked indicators on mine, will await your pics before I buy some!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Depo's are great!
Just took mine off and the car looks s**t without them :(

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
And some paintwork....;)

Cheeky sod. Looks lovely from 10 foot away, just like the Trophy :rasp:

Vein - re: the Depo's, i seem to have lost them somewhere lol. So will be buying another set this weekend - as such, if you do like mine & want some, dont buy any until i have turned the house inside out. I might have 2 sets soon ....

Never above 25mpg
Cheeky sod. Looks lovely from 10 foot away, just like the Trophy :rasp:

Vein - re: the Depo's, i seem to have lost them somewhere lol. So will be buying another set this weekend - as such, if you do like mine & want some, dont buy any until i have turned the house inside out. I might have 2 sets soon ....

Yeah definitely I will keep my wallet shut until then!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Nice, manual aswell.

Isn't it just one of the nicest gearbox's you've ever used!

Its ok, bit truck like when its cold though lol ...

Right, big update time, Sarah was ill all weekend, so i basically spent Saturday & Sunday tinkering with things :D

First things first, the EML light had been coming on sporadically over the past 2 weeks, so after a quick diagnosis with INPA (like VAG-COM, but for BMW's) during the week, it seemed that there was an occasional misfire on cylinder 5. Having had the headgasket changed recently, my initial thought that was one of the contacts on the coilpacks was probably a bit loose, but after checking they all seemed fine - new sparks plugs x 6 as well, so that left the coils themselves. Upon inspection, it still has the original Bremi ones, which are known for problems, so £30 later & a new Bosch one was fitted in its place. Seems to have cured the problem, so fingers crossed ...

Once that was done, it was time to install a new satnav monitor. I basically bought the car knowing that the screen had a mark in the corner, & had purchased another one the day i collected the car, just hadnt got round to fitting it - wanted to wait & fit my Parrot MKi9200 at the same time anyways. Bit of a pain to get everything out (inc. the dash vents), but not so bad once you know where all the hidden tabs are!! All fitted & the screen is perfect, although i do need a 5m extension cable to complete the Parrot install - i completed forgot that the ISO connectors for the steroo are in the boot when you have nav :eek:

Before (not the dead pixels in the bottom right hand corner):
IMG_1103.jpg

After (TV function came in useful ;)):
IMG_1111.jpg

IMG_1110.jpg

Also bought the latest 2012 maps recently, along with the latest operating system, so now have speed camera function, night/day map colours & a special ///M splashscreen. Geeky, but meh :cool:
IMG_1115.jpg

On Sunday, it was time to attack the gangsta tints. Which to be honest, were really ruining the car for me!!! After everyone said they were going to be such a pain to remove, i had set the entire day aside, but after 2 hours it was all done, & that involved getting distracted by the F1 constantly as well lol!! Worst bit was the rear window, purely as it was difficult to get to all of it, but the rest? Easy peasy. I guess decent planning, ie getting on Detailingworld & doing some searching, then subsequently buying the correct tools for the job made things a bit easier ;)

In case its of any use to anybody else, i used the following method:

1. Peel off film (no hairdryer)
2. Clean window using 0000 wire wool & pure acetone to get the majority of the glue off
3. Finish window with 0000 wire wool & Tardis to get rid of any left over residue
4. Polish using Windowlene & a kitchen towel
5. Admire clean/non tinted windows.

50/50 - Detailing world clearly rubbed off on me, FFS i was only on there for 5 minutes!! Tints were ruddy dark though, god knows what % ...
IMG_1114.jpg

And the final product. As you can see, much better :approve:
IMG_1121.jpg

IMG_1132.jpg

IMG_1133.jpg

Next job, ordering two more Kumho KU31's for the front (hate not having matching tyres all round) & going back to the standard OEM tyre size of 225/40/19 as well. Current ones are not only budgets (Primewell's) but are the upsized CSL width, ie 235/35/19 - which would be fine if the rears were upsized to 265/30/19 (instead of 255/35/19) but they're not, & i dont want to change all four !!

Once the tyres arrive, ill then get to put the new wheels on. Once they're done, its just the following to do & ill be happy :D

1 x fog light
Refurb 'carbon cube' front armrests & install the rest of the new interior trim (dont like the standard Titan Shadow stuff)
Fit Eibach Proline springs - will probably fit new RTAB's while im underneath.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Looks much better without tints. How much do the Prolines lower it by?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Really good news on the tints. I need to do mine and i've been dreading it!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Funny you should mention that .... after much umming and ahhing as of late, i've finally gone & bought some new wheels.

I couldnt bring myself to buy reps, even if they were sexy CSL ones, so four minty fresh OEM 19's are being collected on Wednesday :cool:

abc.jpg

Just need a couple of tyres for the front now, the Primewells are really putting me off drively quickly lol ...

I think you've made the right move. Whilst i love CSL's, the OEM wheels look just right and i love the silver colour as opposed to the shadow chrome.

Mod's are looking good, interesting Re. 2012 maps and the night time maps!!! - I've always moaned about that on mine, it's so bright at night with day time maps! - I end up turning it off!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looking so much better now Dave. I even like the colour, seen similar somewhere before.. :eek:

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Really good news on the tints. I need to do mine and i've been dreading it!

Not too bad at all tbh, didnt even use the scraper i bought !! Stuff cost naff all from eBay as well. Winner.

I think you've made the right move. Whilst i love CSL's, the OEM wheels look just right and i love the silver colour as opposed to the shadow chrome.

Mod's are looking good, interesting Re. 2012 maps and the night time maps!!! - I've always moaned about that on mine, it's so bright at night with day time maps! - I end up turning it off!

I agree, silver looks much better than the shadow chrome. Think that with them changed & the tints removed, the colour of the car will really come alive, just need to give it a good machine polish then!! Pm'd you re: the maps as well btw :)

Looking so much better now Dave. I even like the colour, seen similar somewhere before.. :eek:

Wider arches, bigger wheels, special engine? Its a 300% 3 series, in the 300% fiesta colour scheme ...

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
RTAB's are c***s. Make sure you buy them from BMW or get Poly ones.

Megane GT
Looking good :D I will admit that it does look better without the tints :rolleyes: wheels are looking good too and its got a nice stance about it with the lowering.

Mini Cooper S
Thought you had ordered the tinted front repeaters? Get em on Dave!

Car is looking rather nice :)

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
wheels are looking good too and its got a nice stance about it with the lowering.

BUt i havent fitted the new wheels yet, or lowered it lol :S

Stunning. Are you going to fit the new wheels during winter?

Yup, they have about 15 layers of poorboys stuff on them at the moment (previous owner), so they should be fine. Probably.

Looks awesome Dave!

BMW meet soon!?

Why thank you :eek: Yeah, next Staines meet is for www.bmwsport.net iirc ...

Dave, Y u never reply on Pistonheads?

It's looking well!

Meh, will do in a mo, been busy 'working' this morning :dapprove:

When can i wash it?

Funny you should mention that, i just uploaded something in 'Clio media' ;)

Thought you had ordered the tinted front repeaters? Get em on Dave!

Will do shortly, need to order some more - cleaner through away the 1st set!! FFS.