ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fiesta vs Clio

JDM Dc2
Stripped FRP fiestas come in the higher end of that band so it's not all that impossible. Of course most of you'll never believe me.

i believe you mate ;), believe youve done a couple of 1/4s jim, what times did you get ive forgot from ZSOC??...

JDM Dc2
So how would a racing puma engined zetec s be any better than an ST150?

When you say stripped what do you mean by stripped!? Back seat out job or the whole wack? Door cards, carpets, roof lining etc!?

EVERYTHING!!

Image008-6.jpg

pi55 poor picture but you get the idea ;)

JDM Dc2
Haha - i smell this thread is doing the rounds on certain Ford forums!

trust me mate it isnt at all, were all car enthusiasts at the end of the day, ive joined this site for the banter as i know a few people off here that is all...

172 Cup, AX trackbeast.
sorry but thats soo wrong tbh, have a look at some of the weapons over on ZSOC... i.e 200bhp+ 1.6 engined ZS', i think they would leave a 182 standing tbh...

Again, highly modified vs standard. No comparison.

A 200+ Bhp 172/182 would be more competition.

Cliosport 197
Had an ST a thew years back,thought it was w**k compared too my 197 tbh,although the ST did handle well but not as good as me 197,was slow as well for a 2 litre.

Why would you want too put a frp engine into a fiesta??think I'd rather actually have a frp,they look the nuts.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
For f***s sake, quit with all this jiba jaba. Standard for standard there is not a Fiesta (as of yet) that is quicker than a 1*2 be it in a straight line or on a track or good A/B road.
Lets stop all of this what ifs.

JDM Dc2
Had an ST a thew years back,thought it was w**k compared too my 197 tbh,although the ST did handle well but not as good as me 197,was slow as well for a 2 litre.

Why would you want too put a frp engine into a fiesta??think I'd rather actually have a frp,they look the nuts.

STs are w**k, dreadfulkl compared to the rivals like 172s there like 1.2seconds 0-60 slower i think which is quite a margin...

on the other hand my mate jay has a stripped ZS with a FRP lump and he did 0-60 in 6.2 which got in an issue of fastford...

JDM Dc2
For f**ks sake, quit with all this jiba jaba. Standard for standard there is not a Fiesta (as of yet) that is quicker than a 1*2 be it in a straight line or on a track or good A/B road.
Lets stop all of this what ifs.

couldnt agree with you more mate but were not on about standard cars are we...

LY 200
trust me mate it isnt at all, were all car enthusiasts at the end of the day, ive joined this site for the banter as i know a few people off here that is all...

Haha - it doesnt bother me mate, im not one of the ones saying 'all' Fiestas suck donkey end of discussion!

The stripped action looks good - takes some bawls to go to work on a newish car like that!

JDM Dc2
We were to begin with until people started with the what ifs. I mean if I stuck a 300bhp engine in a Yugo its going to kick ass. You could go on forever with the "this is quicker than that..."

i know lol, this thread is all about a stripped FRP engined ZS' and a standard 182, and a proper stripped fiesta with a FRP engine would probs be a touch quicker than a 182...

LY 200
Are these the old Zetecs were talking about here or the newer ones? Iv just thought the one with the red dash inserts look like a mk1!?

JDM Dc2
Haha - it doesnt bother me mate, im not one of the ones saying 'all' Fiestas suck donkey end of discussion!

The stripped action looks good - takes some bawls to go to work on a newish car like that!

cheers, id love to have a valver but the money ive spent on mine id lose out big time as everyone knows you never get your money back plus i cant afford the insurance on a group 12 car as the fiesta is a very reasanoble group 8 :D

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
i know lol, this thread is all about a stripped FRP engined ZS' and a standard 182, and a proper stripped fiesta with a FRP engine would probs be a touch quicker than a 182...

:rolleyes::rolleyes:
And a stripped 1*2 like markcups for instance would probably be quicker still. It's a pointless argument.

Are these the old Zetecs were talking about here or the newer ones? Iv just thought the one with the red dash inserts look like a mk1!?

Started with the older ones.

LY 200
You wont regret going Valver or even better 2.0 hybrid mate - I had one years ago when 19-21 so i shouldnt think the insurance would cripple too much unless things have changed drastically!

A barely modified or stripped out one of those in good nicks a blinder although hard to come by these days!

mk1 i wish, its a mk5 ZS :D

I know its a mk5 mate...I just called it the mk1 ZS as arnt they the first batch of Zetec 'S's rather than ST150 shape?

JDM Dc2
You wont regret going Valver or even better 2.0 hybrid mate - I had one years ago when form 19-21 so i shouldnt think the insurance would cripple too much unless things have changed drastically!

A barely modified or stripped out one of those in good nicks a blinder although hard to come by these days!

yeh im 20, ive spent just under 9k on my fez and ill would probs get 3k max back for it so im keepin it and gonna start doin track days...

my mate nick (snick01 on here) has a phase 1 valver and its pretty quick, slightly quicker than mine atm but i have more plans ;), about 3 months ago i had a cheapest quote of 2400quid for a valver and i pay 960quid for my ZS with all mods declared :D

JDM Dc2
You wont regret going Valver or even better 2.0 hybrid mate - I had one years ago when 19-21 so i shouldnt think the insurance would cripple too much unless things have changed drastically!

I know its a mk5 mate...I just called it the mk1 ZS as arnt they the first batch of Zetec 'S's rather than ST150 shape?

yeh lol, thought you meant a mk1 fiesta as in a mid early 80s shape haha, yeh its a mk1 zs if you like (2001)...

LY 200
f**kabout £2400 takes the piss - i was paying just over 1100 fully comp a year younger than you back in 2004, how times change!

Pointless getting rid of what you have if youve speant so much dosh on it anyway - it is no doubt abit of a sleeper when compared to a standard!

JDM Dc2
f**kabout £2400 takes the piss - i was paying just over 1100 fully comp a year younger than you back in 2004, how times change!

Pointless getting rid of what you have if youve speant so much dosh on it anyway - it is no doubt abit of a sleeper when compared to a standard!

exactly mate... wouldnt call it a sleeper tho its not very standard lookin lol -

Image019-3.jpg

Image017-4.jpg

:D

LY 200
exactly mate... wouldnt call it a sleeper tho its not very standard lookin lol -

Ummm - good enough mate, as you've seen there will still be plenty of oblivious RS drivers out there (me included if not knowing about the car) and the like expecting to leave you for dust! ;)

Looks very nice i must admit.

JDM Dc2
Ummm - good enough mate, as you've seen there will still be plenty of oblivious RS drivers out there (me included if not knowing about the car) and the like expecting to leave you for dust! ;)

Looks very nice i must admit.

cheers, like i say its just a touch slower than my mates standard valver i think and arnt valvers 0-60 7.7? as i estimate mine to be mid to hi 7s awsell, should be interesting when me and nick finally decide to go and do 'run what yer brung' at santa pod...

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looks great mate road legal track look.

If your keeping it.. it'll make a great track slut!

JDM Dc2
Looks great mate road legal track look.

If your keeping it.. it'll make a great track slut!

yep need coilovers despertaly tho as you can see haha, yeh need to sort the brakes and ABS out then some T1rs then should be good to go out on track in the autmn :D

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
when did this forum become FiestaSport.net...... :p can't believe this debate is still going on yawn :banghead:

53 Clio's & counting
yepo im keepin it as ill lose so much money if i get rid, puma gearbox and lightened flywheel next on the power list :D

good plan fella, maybe get rid of the sunstrip and single wiper too? bit 90's now lol

can you post or pm me some more photo's? i think it looks really smart

JDM Dc2
good plan fella, maybe get rid of the sunstrip and single wiper too? bit 90's now lol

can you post or pm me some more photo's? i think it looks really smart

nahh i love the look of the wiper plus im the only one on ZSOC with a single wiper conversion ;), id start a thread up but not gotta clue where to start one!??...

Seeing as people are posting pictures of Zetec-s's, I thought I might aswell do it too :rasp:.

Had to dig through ZSOC.com's archives for these but here's my old FRP zetec-s.

Last edited:
  JDM Dc2
I know what you mean about the cage, at the time it appealed to me (was abit younger then). All the work was done by Dan Zetec and Phil Wheatley off ZSOC. I bought it off Phil the way it was in those pictures.

lol the best way to buy... but i like the fun of modding myself to exactly how i want it, thats why i bought mine standard :D