ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fiesta vs Clio

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I was too busy laughing about 10seconds in to see the rest of the video sorry.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Looks like a dynamique back bumper?

Myabe it's silver but it looks white!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Played it a few times and still can't tell, the front looked a bit like a rs but the backed looked like a normal clio.

It does look white tho.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Black bonnet like that guy off of here pearson?

Probably not...

Frp'd Fiesta
what a silly thread tbh:boring:

hows it a silly thread?
im on the side of the clio and was confused as to why it didnt take the fiesta off the line. im not exactly going to get answers on the fiesta forum am i?
what a silly post by you :rolleyes:

Frp'd Fiesta
Oh and it's very probablay that the clio would be beaten off the line, power comes in at 5K don't ya know.

cheers for that. the fiesta has vct that kicks in at 4k. just found out he was running a 1.6 box too. shorter ratios.

Porsche Boxster987S
hows it a silly thread?
im on the side of the clio and was confused as to why it didnt take the fiesta off the line. im not exactly going to get answers on the fiesta forum am i?
what a silly post by you :rolleyes:

to compare both cars standard for standard its a no brainer. looking at some pisch attempt at a race (fast n furious style) which appears to show a non rs driven by a monkey against the fiesta isnt much to go on is it??

silly post?? You made the thread.

x

Black Ph2 172
that is not an RS Clio...I can just about beat the 180 bhp FRSs so std they are no problem for any half decent driver!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
A RS clio is a fair bit faster. I have mates with both, well, did.

Thats not a clio sport. Prob more like 1.4/6

Frp'd Fiesta
it has the engine from a racing puma in so is running about 150ish bhp.
i was also led to believe it was a 182 which is why i asked the question in the first place.
sorry that i dont know that much about clio's

Frp'd Fiesta
why put a FRP engine in a fiesta when they are less reliable and the same bhp as a zetec S?

lol. your heavily mistaken there mate.

frp - ford racing puma #500 made. rare as rocking horse s**t 155bhp
zetec s - 103bhp.

also an easy conversion although an expensive one

MCS R56
I wouldn't base anything on this video.

But the answer you are looking for is yes, a standard Clio 1*2 will take a standard Fiesta ST, unless you go to the Fiesta forum where their car will bridge the power gap by cornering twice as fast.

Put a crap driver in a Clio and there is a chance the Clio will not take the STd.

Simples.

BMW E46 330i Touring
I could be wrong, but I don't think the FRP is the same engine as the ZS? I thought the ZS was 'around' 100bhp?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
This is a silly thread to be fair.

This is what happened to my mayes festa..haha

07032009.gif

Frp'd Fiesta
thats a fiesta st.
the fiesta with frp is considerably lighter than the frp and st.
i never said that the fiesta was faster!

great first impression of cliosport :eek:

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
thats a fiesta st.
the fiesta with frp is considerably lighter than the frp and st.
i never said that the fiesta was faster!

great first impression of cliosport :eek:

Everyone is the judge and jury on here mate.

We are clio owners/enthusiasts. Post a video of an RS clio supposedly getting stung from a FRP engined Fiesta and obviously its going to cause back lashes of argument's.

It would be like me posting a video of my 172 horsing a Focus ST and posting it on a Focus owners club, it would go down the exact same way.

:eek:

Frp'd Fiesta
Everyone is the judge and jury on here mate.

We are clio owners/enthusiasts. Post a video of an RS clio supposedly getting stung from a FRP engined Fiesta and obviously its going to cause back lashes of argument's.

It would be like me posting a video of my 172 horsing a Focus ST and posting it on a Focus owners club, it would go down the exact same way.

:eek:

i agree with what youve said i however have posted it because i dont agree that the fiesta should be winning

Golf GT TDI
paget that is not a 182 in the vid they never made them in white and why would anyone remove the 182 back bumper and put a 1.2 bumper on? doubt it would fit because of the twin exhausts.

are you intrested in a 172/182? if so there is some very useful info on here. welcome along ;)

Frp'd Fiesta
paget that is not a 182 in the vid they never made them in white and why would anyone remove the 182 back bumper and put a 1.2 bumper on? doubt it would fit because of the twin exhausts.

are you intrested in a 172/182? if so there is some very useful info on here. welcome along ;)

a :star: for you mate.
someone whos not a bell end.

im going to look at a 182 with full miltek tomorrow.