ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fiesta ST love

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
You can peddle well that's for sure. It looks pretty forgiving too when you push a little too hard. Still miss mine really! Ticks every box for a fun daily car.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Looks very playful, nice one. My 200T is like that, can make it as playful as you want and its so forgiving.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Looks fun, presume the over-steer is for the passenger fun factor?

And my own! Lap times are not something I chase although I'm mildly hopeful I've finally beaten a lap I knocked out in my 172 Cup of 1:37.58.

Looks great!

What kind of times are you hitting in the Fiesta round there?

See above...I managed a 39.2 last year (MP215, standard tyres) and someone who came out with me on the last session where unfortunately I had to keep it clean and tidy following my telling-off recorded with a GPS helmet cam...I managed a 38.7.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
So your old 170hp cup was quicker than your mp 230 round track?

Yep! So far at least...I still have 160gb of video and data to get through to see if I've beaten it.

Its power to weight was better (it was 189bhp but weighed 904kgs), it had wider much stickier tyres on it, hydraulic steering and I was sat on the floor so could feel everything that was happening all the time.

RB Clio 182
Yep! So far at least...I still have 160gb of video and data to get through to see if I've beaten it.

Its power to weight was better (it was 189bhp but weighed 904kgs), it had wider much stickier tyres on it, hydraulic steering and I was sat on the floor so could feel everything that was happening all the time.

It's amazing how well balanced the 1*2's still are compared to new hatches.

RB Clio 182
The Clio looks so much smoother and skips round the bends in control rather than sliding about like bamby on ice, I bet you would beat that time easily now if you still had the cup.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Great vid.

Really really miss mine. Been so tempted by an ST200 its just a shame any value instantly falls out their arse.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Great vid.

Really really miss mine. Been so tempted by an ST200 its just a shame any value instantly falls out their arse.

I'm still not quite sure what the ST200 is all about?! If they'd give in a diff it would have made sense but as it is, nah.

It even has flat paint FFS!

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I'm still not quite sure what the ST200 is all about?! If they'd give in a diff it would have made sense but as it is, nah.

It even has flat paint FFS!
Paint looks great in the flesh. Really suits the car.

Don't get me wrong I know the suspension set up is the same as them all, and it is basically an MP215 ST3 but the shorter gear ratios have got to be a plus.

It has some Suspension, Steering and Anti Roll Bar revisions from what i've read, although they are on normal ST's for 65' plate onwards IIRC.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Ha ha that's awesome. Couldn't help but think she was a virgin all the way through though.

LOL

So your old 170hp cup was quicker than your mp 230 round track?

Having reviewed all my laps I can report that it's not any more!

172 Cup - 189 bhp - 904 kgs - 209 bhp/ton - 1:37.58
ST MR230 - 230 bhp - 1,158 kgs - 199 bhp/ton - 1:37.17

I spent the entire day lapping in the 38s or low 39s, then on one particular session after lunch knocked out two laps in the 37s...the fastest was the first full lap and I had an Exige behind me for motivation. That also included a lift as I crossed the line as a black flag was show to the Exige behind for noise and I thought it might have been for me.

Video to follow. Annoyingly I no longer have the raw footage of the Cup lap but I'll try and grab the footage from YouTube and will try and do a Sky Pad type side by side comparison.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
So pretty much identical really. Really liking the ST :smile:

It's a couple of car lengths, and only because Goodwood has such long high speed straights. There's two where I get to over 120 mph in the ST compared to 115 mph in the Cup. On any other circuit I'd still be behind the Cup.

Compare Goodwood to Bedford and its 1km long back straight where at best I see 115 mph in the ST, and just the once in an entire lap...that kind of shows how much of a high speed circuit Goodwood is and why the lesser powered Cup is outgunned by the ST.