ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ffffffftr noise at 4k

clio 172 phase 2
Just recently. ive noticed a ffffffft noise at 4k revs on my ph1 when under hard exceleration. Doesnt happen at any other revs. Or when going slow up the revs. Theres no power loss or anything else wrong with it. Just wondered if its any thing to worry about.

Has anyone else had this noise and found out what it was.
Cheers
Steve

Clio 172 phase 1
I have this too!!! Sounds like a all bearings rattling around the cams!! f**k knows what it is tho!

clio 172 phase 2
No. Deffinatly not a rattle.
From in the car. Its sounds just like a turbo charged car. With a boost leak. But it comes on dead on 4k. And goes by 4.1k revs

Ph1
Noticed mine has started to do this but only minor. Sounds like exhaust gases blowing through a small hole when the engines under load only.

clio 172 phase 2
I replaced the cam belt and dephaser pulley at the weekend.as the pulley was rattling like crazy.
And the noise has gone.
for anyone else with this problem.

BG Clio 182
It is 1000000% the engine manifold to cat joint at the front of the car. I would expect the cat has on one side partially come off and the connection isn't airtight so you're hearing an air leak.

Mine was EXACTLY the same and I bought a Ktec janspeed sports cat which obviously sealed correctly and problem solved. Decat be cheaper though obviously.

@bozothenutter was bang on mate.