ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

few pics of the cup!!

172 cup
few pics of my cup and my mates gti after a clean.

080.jpg

089.jpg

076.jpg

093.jpg

075-1.jpg

089.jpg

Last edited:
  172 cup
thanks everyone.:rasp: the exhaust took endless hours of bending and heating fit really poorly before, had a bit of bad experiance with cutting bumpers,lol, got the exhaust cheap so it will do till i can get my hands on a yozza.:rasp:

Barge
i'm not going to lie to yer, i'm tired of seeing everyone giving out yet more grief to the 6x4 exhausts on the the 172 cup. i've seen loads with them on and i'm sure my mates came as standard, as there were receipts for everything else to do with the car but that. quick google also suggests the 6x4 (magnex ?) came as standard. surely there's a reason for it being on the car, looks are a matter of opinion and it seems from some other threads that some peoples taste on here are more than dubious.

so f**k them fella, i think it looks good. FTW!

Barge
^^^^ and breathe .

yeah cool cup , exhaust was like mine too .:approve:

lol... i have random rant moments. it seemed to get to me this morning. it was either rant on here or throw a rubber or notepad off a colleagues head! ha!

Focus ST
Pretty much sure a 6x4 wouldn't be standard on a 172 cup

Tidy looking car mate, i think a 6x4 oval would look pretty funky if it was recessed into the bumper and your car was slammed

Barge
Pretty much sure a 6x4 wouldn't be standard on a 172 cup

Tidy looking car mate, i think a 6x4 oval would look pretty funky if it was recessed into the bumper and your car was slammed

loads of them have them tupps. seen a old man with a 172 cup from round here up at the retail park - nah he wasn't lashing it about he'd been to currys ha - and his has the exact same as kevs. i swear it was standard like. otherwise why would that old man have bought it?

Focus ST
Alot of people might think the bank end looks plain with it having no backbox showing? Hence fitting a rocket launcher

I generally like the look of the 6x4 oval, needs cutting into the bumper if you're going to stick it on a 172 cup imo

Barge
nah man. i think it was standard. there's only yours i think i've seen without it. i always think its kev at first till i'm close enough to read the reg on cups.

i might have to ring renna customer services for confirmation haha.

Focus ST
Why would a weight saving cup have a mahoosive 6x4 oval backbox ?

They weren't standard that's for sure!

H&R + Pole Position'd Cup
Lol oval exhausts didn't come standard. The reason thatt so many have them is because the oem exhausts are made from paper and the oval exhausts are probably the cheapest and most readily available stainless steel replacement.

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
loads of them have them tupps. seen a old man with a 172 cup from round here up at the retail park - nah he wasn't lashing it about he'd been to currys ha - and his has the exact same as kevs. i swear it was standard like. otherwise why would that old man have bought it?

Maybe...might be a long shot here, but MAYBE.. it was on it when he bought it off someone else.

172 cup
wots faster the cup or the gti
the gti has got phase 4 newman cams a 4 branch mani, standalone manag etc, but still dead level with the cup have raced it from every possible start i pull at 1st then he pulls back and they just sit next to each other.lol:rasp:
naaa. didn't come standard at all seen quite a few old man zimma racers though.lol:rasp:

Astra van,Mk1 nova
nah man. i think it was standard. there's only yours i think i've seen without it. i always think its kev at first till i'm close enough to read the reg on cups.

i might have to ring renna customer services for confirmation haha.

lmao at you thinking the magnex 6x4 oval comes standard on a cup.

The cup was all about weight saving, have you felt the weight of a magnex backbox?

Anyways i like the look of it on this cup, worth the hassle imo