ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Federal 595 RS-R

clio 182
has anyone used these on their clios? found a lot of good reviews online and I'm tempted to get myself 4 new ones for Christmas!

30073fd549719f4220896b97aef66a64.jpg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I've had them, tried on track and road. Yeah there ok, wouldn't by them again though. Fancied trying the nankang nsr2's but a set of bridgestones re050's came up cheap and are practically new.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I fancied the direzzas but wanted over cost to keep the 16's. I can get decent tyres to try so unless a cheap set of 15's show up I will be staying with 16's. Atleast I have an excuse when I'm getting lapped, yeah but he's got like decent race tyres, innit.

Clio 182
I've got 4 in the shed that I ran for a few weeks and half a trackday.

Can't say I'm a fan of them for street as they feel ropey in heavy rain.
P zero for daily.

Wouldn't buy them again.

Cio 172 Cup,Porsche
I have been using Maxxis Victa for Autosolos, same as the other Cliosport competitors in that type of motorsport.Very hard usage on front tyres during Autosolos but only for a minute at a time.. Perform well on wet or dry roads, and grippy when competing, and not expensive.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I've used these tyres on 2 cars now, Clio and Mx5, on the clio with standard suspension they allowed for me to reach some hilarious tripod heights.

Properly good tyres, i would buy them again, and did for my mx5 on which they also performed admirably.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
If it was me and although ive not used them I would try the nankangs. Better allround tyres for a daily imo than the federals.

The latter comment meaning there are better choices, like the p zeros etc. I'd still try the nankangs :)

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I would definitely consider the Nankang NS2-R's, and tbh i'd probably order the cheapest as i reckon they are both a good trackday tyre.

clio 182
thanks for all the replies! I'm looking at the nankangs now going to read a few more reviews but the reviews I have seen say they have excellent dry grip which is what I'm after mainly!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Quite a few have used them on impreza's and rave about them. Can see them only getting dearer

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
If you are not going to track it just go for some good road tyres Michelin PS3 or similar, I run them on my Meg 250 and they provide more than enough grip, also with winter coming up it is only going to get wetter so you will probably be going slower with Federals or Nankangs on.

Clio 172, Shogun
I use 195 50 15 federal rsr-r's on my clio, mine did start to delaminate but kept on using them and didn't get any worse, lasted two Trackdays at Croft before the edges we're worn, in fairness ive probably over cooked them, rear last forever. Used them on track in the rain and I thought they were ok for being semi slick, predictable what they were going to do. Camskill have 15s for around £60 a tyre. My clio gets little road use but could imagine as a road tyre in winter months ( snow in the lakes ) they would be useless