ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FCS Tracktime

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Mk2 172 (Silver)
ClioSport will be having a dedicated track session at the French Car Show on 28 May 2006 for club members.

The hour long session will be for 25 cars only and costs £47 per car. There are no split sessions or car sharing.

If you would like tracktime please confirm by emailing me (emma@cliosport.net) with:
  • Full name
  • Forum name
  • Car details
  • Reg No
  • Contact Telephone No.
  • Confirmation that your deposit has been sent
Please make cheques payable to ClioSport and send them to:
ClioSport, PO BOX 7084, Mawsley, Kettering. NN16 1AT

I will check to see if you can pay via paypal or do bank transfers if thats easier for people.

Money needs to be sent as soon as possible so we can confirm the session. Places will be allocated on a first come first served basis.

Taken from the FCS Website:
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Your vehicle must be in a roadworthy condition, well maintained and may be subject to scrutineering prior to being permitted onto the circuit. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]YOU MUST WEAR A CRASH HELMET and be able to produce your FULL UK valid driving licence.[/FONT]

Emma

Mk2 172 (Silver)
Maz - I'm still waiting to hear if paypal and/or bank transfers can be accepted. As soon as I hear I will let you know. :D

Fred - noise limits seem to differ depending on trackdays there, I'll check with Mark and let you know.

All - it's easier for us if the whole amount is paid upfront. this reduces people paying a deposit and then dropping out leaving us to front costs if replacements can't be found, which unfortunately has happened in the past.
if you pay and have to drop out, we will refund your money once a replacement is found. :)

Last edited:
What time is the track time? Jut I'm booked and paid on at 2 till 3 with another club. Would i be allowed to do one time after another? Are we allowed to leave cars/trailers there the night before? Just its a pain trying to find somwhere to park a car and trailer.
Thanks.

Noise limit - there is but unless it's rediculous you will be okay.

Club timetable has not been published yet but we won't have say two Pug clubs or two clio clubs next door to each other.

Smart thinking taking all money up front, thats what I do with my car club as asking for payment once is okay but twice is more than twice the work.

Track Insurance HIC you get it free if your insurance is with them. Othewise somewhere like http://www.sisa.co.uk/per/moto/quick3.htm (not endosed by us)

French Car Show said:
Noise limit - there is but unless it's rediculous you will be okay.

Club timetable has not been published yet but we won't have say two Pug clubs or two clio clubs next door to each other.
Yozza car is very noisy.
Thanks for the notice though.

Forgot question about trailers. This can be accomodated only:-

1 - by arrangement in advance
2 - Although we have security and the place is secure we cannot guarantee it as FCS Traders are permited on site overnight.

Email me direct about two weeks prior to the show. I will only accomodate a small number of such requests.

Many of the PGAC lads use the travel inn at Rugby and there are heaps of trailers overnight. Indeed when Ecosse (Pug Tuner) are there, they hire a security guard (maybe worth considering if there are loads of you as its only about £100 night or less if you get a local).

Cheers
Mark

French Car Show said:
simple then, how many db is it?

Does he pass scrutineering on other tracks? does it pass an MOT (if required and a road car).

Mark
105bd I think but I may be wrong it got complained about on many tracks.
Not sure on MOT the cars not had one since its revamp i don't think.
Its road legal thoguh yes.

Lionel Richie
myself and Yoz are unlikley to be on track at this years event after last years fiasco

j3neds clio is 107-110db

both cars will be around 105 - 107db

MOT??? don't be silly!!!

Fred

The MOT question was posed to evaluate the noise issue.

Furthermore Bruntingthorpe have a great name for track days and due to issues with one company last year (who have been moved on) we are hiring Big Thunder the resident company and indeed owners to run it for us.

If you care to cast your mind back to 2004 there was no such issues and 2005 will be first class again.

Put if another way, you hire a fool to do work and he fails, you don't take him on again do you so I can see the few complaints we did get over a couple of sessions (not the whole day) will not be part of our show in 2006. If a masrhall.

Foe everyone elses info a stewrad had to man a track corssing BETWEEN track sessions and the fool rossed people during track time until we as orgiansiers found out about it. Pity no one bothered bringing it to our attention sooner. I was livid. The whole track action was not a fiasco as I had far more good reports thankfully.

Anyway we have had 14 requests for 7 sessions so thankfully all the clubs have realised it was a mistake which I could only appoligise for.

Cheers
Mark

Lionel Richie
i completley understand, you don't have to explain yourself!!!!

certain peoples driving left a lot to be desired

If Pat's incharge then it'll be fantastic, i have no doubt of that!!!

the main reason i won't be going on is Bruntingthorpe bores me, theres nothing to crash into LOL!!!!!

FCS is easily thee best show of the year IMO

regards FRED

Fred

It's another track this year and pat is in charge each year.

I tried to make that clear to clubs beforehand to discuss track etiquette with members as it makes all the difference.

I alos fully appreciate this is more of a good day out and a track taster rather than hard core track day stuff.

Fred2001Dynamic said:
the main reason i won't be going on is Bruntingthorpe bores me, theres nothing to crash into LOL!!!!!
I'm sure you could hit that 747 if you wanted.
I won't be able to attend though due to holiday plans. :-(

If anyone can host a image of the 2006 layout I will email it to them, it's about 133kb. My staff are on holidays just now so cannot get it done at my end just yet.

Upload it to www.imageshack.us ?

I like the fact there's nothing to crash into though - means you can push the limits and not be at risk of damaging yourself or the car! Managing to get the whole thing sliding at 60+mph at the end of the start/finish straight where it goes into the right hander was fun last year :evil: (though I'm not sure my tyres agreed... lol :clown:)

You'll love my art on this one

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

The part where the showground and 0-60 is, thats the track in 2004/5 (if you look closely you can see the circuit. where the public is, that's where the showground was in 2004/5).

The track is the 'other' track on the bottom end which is known as the Indie Track. It's 2.1 mile and I have been advised it's very popular option by brunts users.

lmao :D

Cool, I'm with you now.

The show is now on the far side of the track we drove on last year, where the 0-60 sprints were? And the go-karting track is where the driver briefings were held? And to get to the new track you basically carry on at the end of last year's start/finish straight rather than turn right, up to the twisty bit?

The new track looks like it's got more turns than last year's, and that hairpin in the top right looks evil! Should test the brakes out nicely :evil: lol

spot on mate

big change is to

1 - keep 0-60 1/4 mile tracks seperate
2 - hard standing for low cars and obviously wet weather

Happy New Year folks

Mark

Hippys bus of LOVE !!!
Fred2001Dynamic said:
i completley understand, you don't have to explain yourself!!!!

certain peoples driving left a lot to be desired

If Pat's incharge then it'll be fantastic, i have no doubt of that!!!

FCS is easily the best show of the year IMO

regards FRED

s**t does that mean I'll be flying alone :eek:

Oh and loving the added graphics on the map... Those illustrations rock

Hippys bus of LOVE !!!
^^^ eeps how realistic is that :eek:

Poots I've dropped you a Pm given the email server is down :(

And Thank You Paul, promise no crying as I'll be running on all valves this time

Hippys bus of LOVE !!!
AJRMOTORSPORT said:
Where do we pay? Em did you get my e-mail?

Please make cheques payable to ClioSport and send them to:
ClioSport, PO BOX 7084, Mawsley, Kettering. NN16 1AT

I can't comment if Em got any of your emails but given the email servers been poorly today it may not have got through as of yet...

Hope this helps
Hippy

Lionel Richie
no, i'll be co driver, i'm not driving though! project death shed can stay in the pits

anyway, we need to prove how quick pinky is after last year

"that pink car didn't really seem that quick"

lol, we went past a lot of people, car was on 3clyinders!!

Status
Not open for further replies.