ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fallout 3

Vasquez quotes - FTFW! If only you could get her as a sidekick in the game. ;)

Royston - the PC controls in this game utterly and whole-heartedly suck the camel's c0ck. They are truly awful. I've forced myself to look beyond its failings and its definitely worth it.

It's funny playing Fallout 3 and then exiting and loading up something like Crysis or BF2142. It's like the character you now control has transformed from a one-legged, blind and incoherant Frankenstein's monster to a dainty and nimble ballerina. The controls are just that different in terms of fluidity and dynamics.

D.

Vasquez quote recognition FTFW :D

Yeah, the PC controls are just utter toilet. There's no getting away from it.

I just stole some shotgun cartridges, and the guy didn't take it too kindly, so he opened fire on me. Fine, I thought, so I put some moves on him with the flamethrower. What happened? Nothing. He stood there, on fire, and continued like nothing had happened.

I'm sorry, you can make all the excuses in the world, but when headshots don't kill, and people are unworried by being a human fireball, there's something seriously wrong. Sh'ite game. I can't see me playing it again :D

Goliath I
Its a love or hate affair and if you cant get into there is no point in trying to play it. People harp on about GTA 4 but myself, I just get into it no matter how much I try.

Its a shame Roy that you just couldn't feel the joys of Fallout 3

Octy VRS
Yep, such a long thread shows testament to how good it is. I do like Far Cry but there is so much more to discover in the Fallout map. You just stumble across s**t everywhere. It's buggy as f**k but once you get some half decent weapons and stats it's immense!
Stay with it Roy, just get some decent controls set up. I never had an issue with the PS3 controls.

A shiny black one.
Not sure if this has been covered (big fat sorry if it has), cannot find it anyhow,

anyway, say I have downloaded all the dlc's for fallout and I get a new xbox/ps3/pc does anyone know if all that data can be transferred onto a new system a played under the same account?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure if this has been covered (big fat sorry if it has), cannot find it anyhow,

anyway, say I have downloaded all the dlc's for fallout and I get a new xbox/ps3/pc does anyone know if all that data can be transferred onto a new system a played under the same account?

I suspect it wouldn't, tbh. After downloading Operation Anchorage for the PC (and using XBox points to do so :S) - it created a brand new account for me.

I had to copy across the original saved game folder to the new DLC saved folder for it to pick up my previous saves. It doesn't tell you this and although straight-forward - it could be confusing and frustrating to a novice PC user.

That's running on PC in both instances. I guess trying a 360-PC or PC-PS3 scenario just wouldn't work. Though I'd be impressed if it did. :)

D.

A shiny black one.
I suspect it wouldn't, tbh. After downloading Operation Anchorage for the PC (and using XBox points to do so :S) - it created a brand new account for me.

I had to copy across the original saved game folder to the new DLC saved folder for it to pick up my previous saves. It doesn't tell you this and although straight-forward - it could be confusing and frustrating to a novice PC user.

That's running on PC in both instances. I guess trying a 360-PC or PC-PS3 scenario just wouldn't work. Though I'd be impressed if it did. :)

D.

But if you had a new pc, could you re-install fallout 3 and the dlc's you have already purchased onto the new system with the original games for windows live account?

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
yes, I rebuilt my system recently, re-install, move save games across and re-download the DLCs, no problem.

1.8 Civic EX
FAIL, lol.

lol, tbh, it was an awesome game, loved it till the end, but when all the downloadable content started coming out for some reason I just didn't bother getting them. I think it's because the first one didn't go down too well and was a bit random from what I was reading on the net etc

The gap has been too large for the other downloadable stuff so it will now just be in my memory for years to come thinking, "wow that was an awesome game" untill I get some sort of emulator for what ever sort of PC is out by then and play it thinking "damn, I wish I should of just rememberd it and not played it again" like the current emulators for NES/SNES Mega Drive etc lol

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
The cynical side of me says that they knew about these PC issues for ages, but just chose to brown-tongue the 360 owners and deal with it later. "Got to keep the masses happy" :(

f*****s.

It's just a testament to how good the game is, that I tolerate the 360-based controls and also the pissing about with XBox Live points in order to play a PC game. I'll certainly be nabbing it as soon as I can. :)

D.

The cynical side of me says that they knew about these PC issues for ages, but just chose to brown-tongue the 360 owners and deal with it later. "Got to keep the masses happy" :(

f**kers.

It's just a testament to how good the game is, that I tolerate the 360-based controls and also the pissing about with XBox Live points in order to play a PC game. I'll certainly be nabbing it as soon as I can. :)

D.

The game is clearly coded for the x360. The PS3 version looks worse, and the PC version, while looking the best, plays like Manic Miner.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
im tempted to buy a PC version just to play the DLC, but set it up so i can use a PS3 joypad

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
i dont own a 360 thus not knowing the controles and i like the feel of the PS3 joypad i personaly think the 360 pads cunky as fook

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Mint!

"Broken Steel has been loaded. The level cap has been raised to 30." :approve:

Albino Radscorpions though... scary f*ckers!

Oh yeah, you have to go and explore a Deathclaw Hive.

A f*cking hive of the things, I sh*t you not.

T

thecremeegg

Mint!

"Broken Steel has been loaded. The level cap has been raised to 30." :approve:

Albino Radscorpions though... scary f*ckers!

Oh yeah, you have to go and explore a Deathclaw Hive.

A f*cking hive of the things, I sh*t you not.

A hive of deathclaws? Erm no thanks!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Nope. Chinese Stealth Armour + Dart Gun FTW.

Steak right up near 'em, then cripple their legs so they can't run.