ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fallout 3

Mito Sportiva 135
Awesome. I realise FC2 isn't the best game ever made but, I have to applaud it. As a shooter it delivers the goods for me and has excellent enemy A.I. It also looks incredible (on PC at least) and TBH it's just a total breath of fresh air after the crazy 'don't you dare relax and actually enjoy the game, we havn't finshed getting on your tits just yet' madness that was Killzone 2 :eek:

The Fallout 3 world is just so awesome...you can do a mission, or just walk around a map and see what you find, normally picking up a little side mission, then while doing that you get sidetracked with something else.

The enemy variety is also pretty good and seems to be sort of scaled against your level, e.g. the higher you are, the harder the type of enemy you encounter.

Having said that they are all pretty easy for my man to kill now, even Enclave soldiers and Deathclaws.

I haven't done any of the main quest for about 30 hours now...can't believe I have spent like 4 whole days playing it but it's the type of game you can play easy for 3-4 hours in a go.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Roy, check this :

[youtube]vHr3Y8ZIhGM[/youtube]

VATS mode basically pauses the game in real time and gives you the option to pinpoint a particular target on a particular enemy, and single it out to attack/shoot at. You are given a certain amount of Hit Points for VATS, so you cant just use it over and over as that would make things far too easy. Certain perks increase your Hit Point count, and each weapon is different for how many Hit Points they use when in combat. If you dont use VATS, the only limit is the ammo useage. Every time you use the weapon, its condition deteriorates, making repair a vital perk to take during the game.

You really have to play it to understand and appreciate it fully, but you'll find this out when your PC is running the motherf*cker! :cool:

Mito Sportiva 135
That new scoped automatic weapon looks sweet. I love the reservist rifle so much I don't use it any more to preserve the rare ammo, got over 100 bullets for it now. My alien blaster only has about 60 shots left though so saving that bad boy...

I will be sad when I complete it in many ways.

Will you be able to bring your companion with you in the new addons, as palladin is f**king HC!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
The f*cking ants got right on my tits when I first started out. Trying to kill them all on limited ammo was so hard, especially on the quest to find the queen. I ended up baiting them, then running away so they chased me, and I would go through a door, then open it again so they had turned their backs and were heading back to their original location, then sneak up behind them and VATS the little c*nts! When they turned around again, I'd just run and go through the door again and repeat the process! PMSL. The noises they make FTL. Such a horrible insect echo noise.

Well TBH the size of this thread speaks volumes. I just wish I wasn't still struggling to justify building TheBeast v3.5. God damn 8800GTS SLI is a pretty epic combo even now. I know it's not part of this discussion, but I'm hoping this thread will push me over the edge and make me order the parts :eek:

EDIT: Since I'm only just checking out CS in a FC2 break, am I right in thinking that you can play the game soley in FPS?

Last edited:
  Monaro VXR
Yes you can Roy.

And the 8800GTS even one of them would run FO3 at 1920x1200 maxed out. Isn't a very taxing game at all.

Yes you can Roy.

And the 8800GTS even one of them would run FO3 at 1920x1200 maxed out. Isn't a very taxing game at all.

Good to know, dude. I'm incredibly fussy though TBH. I demand maximum everything at 60fps if possible. That includes big AA/AF, driver forced if needed. My impending 1920x1200 upgrade will make this a tougher target. FarCry2 will struggle with that as it stands. Project Origin will walk it with the 8800 pair though. Crysis always wants more.

Monaro VXR
Your current rig will run it fine at those settings. Similar to mine and I can pull 50+ FPS. at 1920x1200 I run 4xAA and 8xAF on it. Partly because it performs better but partly because I can't actually tell the difference between 4xaa and 8xAA in fallout3 same with the 8x and 15x AF. (15 is fallouts maximum it seems)

4xAA and 8xAF
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa315/wozzaa1983/ScreenShot1.jpg

8xAA and 15xAF
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa315/wozzaa1983/ScreenShot0.jpg

They look the same to me bar the dead twitching behemoth, The dude and his gun that has moved slightly in the background the flickering light and the dust paticles that have moved.

I can see a tiny bit more distance detail in screenshot0, probably due to the higher AF rather than AA, but nothing you'd ever notice while playing. Looks good BTW.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
they look the same as my ps3's graphics, and most likely the 360's

i just keep going for little mooches n killing anything remotly bad that i come across, and im actually finding all the morce code bunkers

they look the same as my ps3's graphics, and most likely the 360's

i just keep going for little mooches n killing anything remotly bad that i come across, and im actually finding all the morce code bunkers

That may well be the case, but do those games run in 1200p with lashings of AA/AF? ;)

i can honestly say i wouldnt have a frigging clue mate all i know is my ps3 plays games with good graphics ha ha ha ha

Oh for sure, but the graphics don't look the same as the PC version like you suggested. Then again the PC will need a graphics card that cost about the same a PS3, so it's all gravy for everyone IMO :approve:

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
when i say good graphics i mean there amazing compared to a older console, after looking at them comparison shots PS3 and 360 are dissapointing

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
that is also a valid point but still when you pay £430 quid for a brand new PS3 you expect the graphics to burn your eyes lol

Valid point about the distance. PC graphics tend to be sharper, and by the nature of sitting so close, the detail is very important. One thing that does stand out in those screens I posted, is the aliasing in the PS3 version. The PC version looks better static, and will look even better in motion. I'd be happy with any of those versions TBH, but since I have the hardware to push it, the PC version is the obvious choice.

Anyway, graphics aside, it appears to be an awesome game :approve:

that is also a valid point but still when you pay £430 quid for a brand new PS3 you expect the graphics to burn your eyes lol

Not really mate TBH. To put things into perspective, I'm just about to order a £500 graphics card. The consoles are extremely good value for money. They offer all the fun, ~70% of the visuals, and in many cases better sound (depending on the PC), for a fraction of the cost of a high-end gaming rig. If those screens had been taken from a PC costing the same as an xbox, at playable framerates, they would look very different TBH.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
It was the best game of 2008 for me. Brilliantly immersive. After a slow start, aimlessly wandering around, it really does pick up and suck you in. Well over 120 hours for me, and Christopher is on ever more with two different character files. I'm only on the one I started with.

Yuppers.

Best game i've played since Mario Kart on the SNES. That wasn't quite as immersive though.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
i started it with another character n i cant be bothered lol even tho i have a better start than my first save i just cant be arsed lol

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I feel like that about it now, but i have two characters and i've 100%'d the game.

Roll on the new DLC tomorrow.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
The Pitt is available to download on PC and 360 now.

Few people claiming there are a few glitches, but nothing to hinder gameplay. :)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
We are continuing to look into the issues people are experiencing with The Pitt for Xbox 360. As of now it looks like the file for the English version on Xbox Live was somehow corrupted. We are currently working with Microsoft to remove the existing file off of Live to prevent any further downloads. Our plan is to replace it with a new file as soon as possible. We hope to have another update for you shortly.

PC users have got a good version, it seems.

While waiting like Eric Cartman (Cmaaaannn!) for Steam to download F.E.A.R. 2 : Project Origin, I happened upon Fallout 3. So that's also available on Steam. I loves Steam. I'll be downloading FO3 tomorrow TBH :eek:

PC FTW. Poverty spec consoles FTL ;)