ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Falling out of love with Clio...

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I am as I just spent £1200+ on maintenance and still need to spend more on finding out why its using so much fuel :(

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I am too ATM. My 172 has SORN for the past 9 months. Getting it back on the road fixed with insurance and road tax is going to cost me over 1k ( more than the cars worth)

Normally when I feel like this I take it for a long B road blast, and rekindle the love, but obviously cannot do this ATM.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Everyone who says this, then acts on it, seems to return in due course. Here is a quick list off the top of my head, and is probably the tip of the iceberg;

Luke
Pete
DMallett
Scott
Rob (not returned yet, but when the right ph1 appears - boom).
Sir_Dave (who will be back again, he is a repeat offender).

Unless you have a genuine reason for selling, I'd pay heed to the experience of those above :)
Add me to this list.

I bought an E46 M3 then an E92 M3 then bought my cherished 172 back from a Mate and proceeded to strip the living daylights out of it.

I loved it before for it's looks and the fact that it was my first quick car.

That sentimentality has now gone and I love it for being a fun little toy and have spent thousands track prepping it and love it more than ever.

In the grand scheme of things, they're worthless. Will £1-2k change your life? If not, SORN it and come back when you've had a break.

Clio 172 Cup
I've had my 172 Cup from new and after ten years of ownership its still a hoot to drive, it never ceases to impress.
It's got over 100k on the clock now and despite the mileage, it's never broken down or had any kind of component failure.
Only now I have started to fresh'n it up by fitting new suspension arms and roll-bar bushes, plus K-Tek top mounts, it feels new again.
I lurv my Clio and will probably never sell it.

PH2 RS172
i love mine and i have a bad habit of changing cars every 10 minutes which i think ive shook off now thanks to the rs. i cant think of another car that would hit all the money points like the clio does for what i paid for it. question is if you get rid what are going to get thats better for the same money? unless youre gonna add some pennies to the final sale price? for me its the factor that if you take your eye off the ball with the clio it seems to want to remind you that itll kick your ass... and thats fun to drive imo.. fast and nimble compared to some other cars that you could literally fall asleep on the wheel driving them. i went to london and back the other week. 2 hours bouncing round the m1 sat at 4k revs... the ride couldnt have been more eye opening lol. great cars that can show up much bigger price tag motors ;-)

Everyone who says this, then acts on it, seems to return in due course. Here is a quick list off the top of my head, and is probably the tip of the iceberg;

Luke
Pete
DMallett
Scott
Rob (not returned yet, but when the right ph1 appears - boom).
Sir_Dave (who will be back again, he is a repeat offender).

Unless you have a genuine reason for selling, I'd pay heed to the experience of those above :)

Jenic
Me :eek:

ETA: You have a bike for your speed fix. The Clio is the perfect partner.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I am looking at getting rid of mine, reading this thread was a bad idea.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
i nearly bought a WRX STI over Christmas but i re-kindled it with some mods and im back at it wanting some more clio fun :)

'03 MCS, MKV Ed30
Mines been good fun when its not needed anything, but then stupid or expensive things have gone wrong.

Had it over 2yrs now and spent thousands on it.

Time to sell up and get something newer I think.

E92 325D
Mines been good fun when its not needed anything, but then stupid or expensive things have gone wrong.

Had it over 2yrs now and spent thousands on it.

Time to sell up and get something newer I think.

Newer isnt always better....trust me!

PH2 RS172
my vag was awesome looking when i had it and anything that went wrong was always pretty cheap to put straight. ended up getting rid in the end though as i didnt really rate the 1.8T even though i had umpteen mods and it was mapped and rolling roaded at 210bhp. just didnt feel like it had enough umph and felt very heavy.. the clio wouldve gave it a run for its money.. prob done it over aswell!

107 Track Car & C4
I feel like every few months, then I will buy something small for it (Whiteline ARB, OMP Wheel) and it re-kindles my love for it for a few months.

Next mod thing will probably be some Cooksport Springs :)

Defo, the money I have spare every month now as a result of not paying rent and putting money aside for a deposit is mental!

I'll get something else in the future although it still upsets me when I think of that 182 as it was epic. :(

FF Racing Blue 182
I've had mine 6 months and i certainly love it for what it is....but they really are rotten its a love hate relationship with mine