ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fake Sony Duo Pro cards on eghay!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
Well as my luck goes I purchased what looked like a genuine Sony 4gb memory stick the other day.

arrived, all looked good, till i played a game on the psp and it was slow and jerky.

Checked out google, and suprise suprise 90odd % of memory sticks on ebay are fake ones! Checked the comparison guide on ebay and they are damn good fakes, but all the signs are there including the serial number which is shown as a fake (they all have the same s/n)

Just a warning to anyone else thinking of buying one!

I have sent an email asking for a full refund. The company have 100% feedback and i wouldnt want to ruin that hehe! The guide on eBay also gives good info on what you can do if you have bought one. I paid through paypal so I can get a refund inc postage if it comes to that!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
nice one £69 aint too bad!

altho the one on ebay i bought was £30!

really good fake tho, you wouldnt be able to tell unless you knew what you were lookin for!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
iv sent them 2 emails now, and said we can do this out of ebay and without me contacting sony (scare tactics) and iv had fuk all reply, but I have noticed they are leaving people feedback all morning so they must have received my emails!

gimps! they will pay if they dont get back to me! :evil:

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
id rather get me money back first like....they have 100% feedback so that can be used as a threat to em!

Clio 172 Mk2
My advice is simple - DO NOT BUY MEMORY CARDS FROM eGhay.

Far too many fakes floating around - not just Sony Memory Sticks, but SD cards such as SanDisk Extreme III. And they are actually cheaper from legitimate outlets such as HERE

Megane Mk4
I bought a 1 gig Sony Memory Stick Pro Duo on ebay for my mobile phone, after searching and looking at different pictures on various websites I've found it's genuine. Not all of them are fakes. But I was wondering at least an hour if it was or not. :S

Audi S3 225
i bought a 2 gig about 6 months ago and it was a fake, slow writing times but normal reading times so games run fine but took ages to copy to the card, also bought a 1 gig about a year ago and that is an original.

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
I have 12 x 1GB GENUINE ones if any one is interested.

On the subject of fakes / testing

checked mine when upgraded to firmware 3.03 etc (With firmware 3.xx (both in emulated and installed firmware), Sony have sort of added a feature to see if your memory card is fake. Just follow these steps:

In the XMB, go to either Game, Music, Video or Photo.
Press triangle to bring up a menu, then click "Information".
If the MagicGate text says "compatible", then it's a genuine memory stick. If it says "Unknown", it's most likely a fake (at least it's not MagicGate compatible).

and states that my memory card is fake

gutted

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
i didnt think 4gb worked on a psp, and was going to get a 2gb card.

then i saw the 4gb ones, but i wasnt aware there was proper replicas about!

and as for playing games on it, no harm sticking all your bought games on a mem stick to save carying UMD's about! :p

dk

911 GTS Cab
i bought a battery for my sony camera a while back off ebay and it was a fake even though it looked VERY similar, its so hard to tell these days

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
possibly aye once i get me money back...sent it back today

in fact fuk them i am defo, iv paid postage which i aint gonna see again!

apparently eBay can remove feedback when it is only left in spite. i,e only cos iv left it them when it was them in the wrong!

still dunno if to actually go through ebay or not and report them! see what happends once i get my funds back i reckon!