ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Failsports High Mileage 'Shed' Trophy (Under New Ownership)

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_0585.jpg

So just this evening, officially the Trophy changed hands from Sir_Dave to myself. Drives awesome for a Clio with 186,601 miles, better than quite a few clios i've driven actually!

Plans -

Needs an interior so a 172 Cup interior's being sorted.
Fit lower arms and track rod arms/ends off the my old 182.
New tyres for the 2118's.
Standard airbox.

Then pretty much drive it around as my everyday car until it hits 200k. Oh and do a 'shed' load of trackdays in it during that time. Might clean it, maybe. :cool:

Nick

53 Clio's & counting
Lol, love it Nick, I was texting Dave just the other day when he said about selling it, I would have loved to have bought it, but I have too many cars as it is :eek:

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Yus <3 Looking forward to seeing it mate.

Need any parts? ;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Needs some anthracite on those 2118's and some de-fogging. See Sam's thread. :)

Even if it does die. New engine, rinse and repeat. It should make 300k easily! I want it! So much! :eek:

Character personified!

Cheers all! Indeed the wheels look epic, wasnt sure at first but it was these or poor offset battered steel wheels so think ive made the right choice!

Yus <3 Looking forward to seeing it mate.

Need any parts? ;)

Indeed, will be at all the meets coming up! Have you got the standard airbox and all the gubbings mate?

Needs some anthracite on those 2118's and some de-fogging. See Sam's thread. :)

Even if it does die. New engine, rinse and repeat. It should make 300k easily! I want it! So much! :eek:

Character personified!

Defogged - Check.
Spare engine if it goes bang - Check.
Antra 2118's - White wheels heavily covered in brake dust do? ;)

5 GTT & Orb'd Trophy
Lol, I joined up to Cliotrophy, posted this thread on there and its only had one reply! Probably the most dull/boring/innactive forum i've been on!

What are we supposed to say "Wow you've got the same car as us but with lots of miles, well done"

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
What are we supposed to say "Wow you've got the same car as us, but you actually use it, instead of polishing it with the sperm of a young unicorn 15 times a week, well done"

Might be a nice way to welcome a new member ;)

Anyways, less of that, & more about the car. A bit like the Olympic flame, it was simply my time to pass on the legend to the next keeper - although tbh, if no-one else from FailSport had wanted it, i would have simply kept it!! My main issue was that it seemed a shame for T to just sit in the car park, looking grumpy that it wasnt being flung around a track, or down a local backroad at warp factor 10 ... Nick does both, so he was an appropriate purchaser :race:

Couple more pics from yesterday anyway. On the way to meet the grim reaper of FailSport, Budgie:

IMG_2334.jpg

Mid 'break':
IMG_2335.jpg

Trial fitment of the new FailSport induction kit, buying built to rival the Ktec kit, but hopefully at less than £166:
IMG_2336.jpg

IMG_2337.jpg

We still need to work on fitment slightly, but the aim to get as much cold air into the engine as possible, so we'll be mounting the airfilter outside of the car, should add about 20bhp iirc.
IMG_2338.jpg

Still on coilovers at the moment, so will be looking more like a tractor next weekend i would imagine:
IMG_2339.jpg

IMG_2340.jpg

IMG_2344.jpg

IMG_2343.jpg

And with its replacement ...

IMG_2342.jpg

IMG_2341.jpg

End of an era for me :dapprove:

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
can't believe how good it looks on the White 2118's. Bagsy having it next ;)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Lol, guessing your the owner then. Three posts on your whole forum within 12 hours is why I came to my opinion on it.

Clio Trophy has some strong links with this forum ;)

It's quiet because there are only potentially 550 members (less now some are written off), and only a small percentage of any car owners join a forum.

Anyway, this looks a nice little trophy, it's nice having one so high mileage you don't mind giving it some abuse, I always found mine too nice/low mileage to abuse/whack a load of miles on.

Little update -

Got the sachs on with standard front springs, though I have added a few aftermarket touches to the suspension. Koni rear dampers with a whiteline rear anti-roll bar and a set of camber bolts on the front. No pictures of its epic stance but will no doubt be a couple tomorrow when there's the South Central burger challenge, though there is a couple of mid-fit pictures for the rear end work...

IMG_0595.jpg

IMG_0596.jpg

Car drives lovely on the road now with the sachs in comparison to the H&R's, no doubting the H&R's are well damped and all but just not as soft as the sachs. Only critisism (which isnt really one) is with the Konis and the Whiteline have left it being rather 'fun' at the rear department, lift off oversteer on tap which is alright atm but with the winter months coming I may take them off if it gets too much.

Slightly readjusted the exhaust as the mounts are shagged and the exhaust was sagging a little, couple of chunks of random rubber found in the shed did the job nicely!

Before -
IMG_0597.jpg

After -
IMG_0598.jpg

Not a massive difference but has neatened it up and looks a tad more acceptable.

Also fitted a mint 182 interior I had lieing around that wasnt selling so chucked that in with a pretty good condition standard steering wheel (£25!) and a set of A-pillar plastics. Dave really did leave me with half a car you see! ;)

IMG_0594.jpg

Last but no least, as the 2118's had R888's on them which were not a million miles away from being illegal I decided to get a new set of tyres off my brother (works for a tyre distributer). Four 195/50/15 Hankook V12 Evos for £148. Bargain.

IMG_0592.jpg

That mostly should keep me going for the rest of the year now other than a few small things, just get on with putting mileage on it and mainly enjoying it!

Nick

Last edited:

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I want that exhaust..

Finding a mint exhaust is impossible :(

Whats the plans with this then just a daily?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Lol @ the rear end being 'fun' - thats how i drove it for 15k miles, nearly spat Ollie into the barrier on the m25/m3 interchange from memory ....

Oversteer is for heros btw, makes it easier to drive in the snow as well. Drifto ;)

s**t car, fit owner.

Likewise Sugar. X

I want that exhaust..

Finding a mint exhaust is impossible :(

Whats the plans with this then just a daily?

If a cheap and I mean cheap quiet exhaust was to come up for sale i'd possibly go for it, then this would be surplus... Though I dont that will happen any time soon and I really like the quietness of driving this clio for some reason!

Lol @ the rear end being 'fun' - thats how i drove it for 15k miles, nearly spat Ollie into the barrier on the m25/m3 interchange from memory ....

Oversteer is for heros btw, makes it easier to drive in the snow as well. Drifto ;)

Lol Dave, even with the Konis on full soft even you'd find it a handful at times! ;) Naturally oversteer is awesome!

Those tyres look so good!

Lol, sarcasm Dan? I know its not the most gripping picture in the update!

Trophy's are crap.

I destroyed a Mark Fish'd one in my Ph1..

Er. Cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.