ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Failed MOT on emmisions

White 172 ITB's
Hi,

My car failed its MOT on the Emissions.

It was fine on idle but on fast running if failed.

My cat was replaced 2-3 months ago for a k-tec sports cat and i have a k-tec exhaust.

Does anyone know what the issue could be?

Could it be the front Lambda sensor? the car is running a little rough at the moment?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

White 172 ITB's
The Garage left it the first time to go cold so i told them to retest it after i took it for a blast so the Cat should have been nice and hot.

When i start the car in the morning tho you can smell petrol and my mpg isn't that great and running is a bit rough too.

Cheers

White 172 ITB's
possible oxygen sensor fault what was it up on lamada ?
Didn't get a chance to see the results their printer wasn't working, maybe they are just trying to get me to pay them to fix something that isn't wrong.

They did however say it was just over

Renault Clio 182 Trophy
Not sure if this helps mate but I had exactly the same problem with mine when it came to the MOT.

I have the same Cat as you and to get it through the emissions test they had to fit a new Lambda sensor (one on at the rear) and said it was on the omissions machine for 15 minutes before they got a passable reading even though they had warmed it up before.

The advice that I was given was to fit a regular Cat for future MOT tests as this was what the problem was.

Evo
Whats the point of having a sports cat if it doesnt pass the MoT then? ( and therefore making it as legal as a decat anyway )???

ditto,same thing today high emissions on lamda ,took it out and kicked its james hunt in came back and it passed.

White 172 ITB's
All sorted now,took it to K-tec and they passed it. Said there is a special way to test a sports cat.

Thanks for the help guy's

White 172 ITB's
They said because its a sports cat you need to hold the revs quite high until the co levels are correct and then you can bring the revs down (between a set margin) to meet the MOT test and it's fine.

I got the print out and it was within the limit 0.16, the limit was 2.

At the previous MOT station the CO levels went up to 0.80.

Maybe the long drive down to them helped