ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F1 2012

Evo 5 RS
What is it with Devs and using intelli mice lol. I hope the car physics stay relatively the same this year, 2011 was very much almost spot on IMO. Wet could of done with some minor tweaks.

Lee

BMW M2C
Sad, but I've had that mouse and keyboard since we were Swordfish Studios back in 2003. I've become quite attached to them. LOL

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Loved F1 2011 apart from a couple of things, the main one being the load times between each session. Plus the fact that you can't skip them or just go straight into the next, you have to sit through 2 lots of loading screens between qualifying and the race for example.

Lee

BMW M2C
Loved F1 2011 apart from a couple of things, the main one being the load times between each session. Plus the fact that you can't skip them or just go straight into the next, you have to sit through 2 lots of loading screens between qualifying and the race for example.

We're refining the flow the try and resolve as much of that as possible.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
lol I have those Autobots to! They must be the most popular!

DSC_6263i.jpg

Goliath I
Since the F1 season has returned I've gone back to playing F1 2011

I'd like to see something new for the start of the race. At the moment it seems like foot to the floor, lights out and fastest car makes headway. It would be nice to have some form of starting mechanism where where you have to time/press alternative buttons to stop yourself from stalling but also to get a good start. So if you start 4th, 2nd place may have a bad start, 3rd place have an okay start and you have a great start and make up ground quick.

A few more AI accidents and DNF'S to, especially the lower team cars.

AK

M240i
Bought 10 recently as it was a quid or so.

I quite liked it, so may invest in 12 when it comes out.

Golf R/Leon FR
Im glad he said your going to revamp the menu's. I just hope this years doesnt have as many glitches/bugs.

Listerine & Poledo
Just wondering, this is more about 2011, but it may well be carried over.

What's the point of the Crofty interviews? Is this mechanic going to carry over?

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I really want to do another season in F1 2011, but it just takes so long waiting for all the loading screens its really put me off. Also the interviews are completely pointless - might as well just take them out.

Looking forward to 2012 !

Nothing at the mo :(
Anyone more news on this? I saw its coming out in September, I was going to buy F1 2011 again today to play but i may just wait until September...

Evo 5 RS
I'm going to be cynical and say that it looks the same graphically (although that's not exactly a bad thing). I look forward to playing it

I basically want the same game but tweeked.

I love F1 2011, its the best game I own when combined with my wheels/pedals/stand etc.

Just needs afew things tweeking like I say to make it even better.

AI needs to be smarter, the online co-op championship needs to have offers from other teams, like a solo season, and more "in-race" events..

1 saftey car all season isnt exactly realistic.

172 Flamer
I got F1 2010 and F1 2011 and enjoyed both titles. However I found that I did not play F1 2011 that much as the loading times were just too painful. Plus the concrete bollards and polystyrene brake boards that totally destroyed the car if you clipped them just killed it for me. I know you have flashbacks but that defeats the object for me. Oh and the AI that would ram into the back of you and then you get the penalty for blocking. The hairpin at Abu Dhabi was the worse. The other thing that killed it for me was the floaty feel to the cars. They did not feel conected to the road at all or have any weight to them. It was really noticable when switching between GT Legends, Race 07, Rfactor and GPL.

Saying all that, I do think both games look stunning and Codemasters have done a fantastic job but the fact I played F1 2011 less than F1 2010 means I will probably skip F1 2012. I would probably score F1 2011 6 or 7 out of 10 but some of the mechanics and features really let it down for me.

Lee

BMW M2C
As usual, my boss (who won't be happy his job title is wrong) at E3. One of his first runs on the new Texas circuit, so not a bad effort.

[video=youtube_share;HI0vGfu4ems]http://youtu.be/HI0vGfu4ems[/video]

Golf R/Leon FR
Watched this last week, the cars look to be graphically better this time round, liking the brake bias adjustment. What is that grey circle for Lee? The one under the HUD?

Lee

BMW M2C
It's not really that exciting, but it's probably best I don't. It's amazing how things you say on here get around. Comments I made in the Forza Horizon thread went straight to the top of the Google search, and I almost had MS wanting my blood. :eek:

Goliath I
Still playing F1 2011

But yes, some news would be great. Nothing major, just like a release date will do.

I hope on the mini map lapped cars are a different colour. Nothing worse than being in 4th, chasing down that dot for 5 laps then releasing its a back marker when it comes into view!

Golf R/Leon FR
Release date will be either 21st or 28th of Sept I'd have though. Good idea on the back markers though.