ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust is cold.

I drove around 20-30 miles today and stopped because I heard a banging noise, check my exhaust had come off the rear mount, so I went home and fixed the issue. While fixing it I realised the exhaust was stone cold after I had just drove around 40 miles? I thought this could be right so I began by plugging up the exhaust to find out that the engine didn't want to cut out even though the exhaust had been plugged. So I carried on check and found that the exhaust was red hot by the cat then after it would just get cold. Can anyone shed any light on this?

-After speaking to a friend I think that the CAT might be blocked up, but I'm not sure about this.
If the CAT is blocked what causes this and does anyone have a rough idea of the cost for the part?

225 Cup & Williams
Cat could have fallen apart inside and it's causing a blockage. Need another cat if that's the case.

LY 182
Surely it's got some sort of running fault or lack of power??? And the exhaust isn't blowing?

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
IF the CAT is blocked (which it sounds liek it is), the car will lack power and also be quieter than normal.

RS Clio 172 Cup
IF the CAT is blocked (which it sounds liek it is), the car will lack power and also be quieter than normal.

Im having the exact symptoms your describing, best to just put a decat in there? I have a friendly mot station local so mots should be fine?