ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

exhaust emmision light

Hello people. i have just had a AA check on a 182 (06) and the aa man said that the emmision light come and flashed when he had stop the car and let it idle for a while after a 6 mile run approx. the guy selling the car said this also happened about 2 months ago. he took it back to renault and they changed the ignition coil and apparantley(said the owner of the car) that this had resolved the problem and the light has not come back on, til today and also a slight smell resembling a cat converter. Has anyone had this problem and is i it something to worry about and put off buying the car?. I look at the report and it seems that the car is perfectly ok as to the way it runs and its performance
p.s the car still has 5 months man warranty on it
thanx hisgrove

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
Not sure if cats going is common as they usually last well over 100k miles but mine went shortly after i bought it, on 42k 3 years old. Maybe ask him 2 take it to reno again under warrenty before you buy it

clio 1.2 16v dynamique
i have this come on now and again and it does my head in the power goes right down and it just judders everywhere it goes off after a bit and everything is fine again ive been trying to work the problem out aswell.
anyone??

RS Clio 172 Ph1
Could be all sorts of things. Happened to me and it was the Lambda Sensor. Knock it in the head mate and be patient, there's plenty about at the moment.

Shhh
3 cold starts, and the light should go out if there is any problems.

can buy a OBD2 reader from eBay for about £30, and clear all faults from the ECU, this will remove the light.

Mine was on and off all the time, still drove it and it went off.

Usually tied in with cr*p fuel from small garages.

thanx dudes, still in 2 minds about the car tho. the thing that swaying me to buy the car is that the aa report was faultless in terms of leaks and mechanical problems including clutch and pretty much everything else apart from this shitty light. oh well!