ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

exccessive tyre wear

mk1 proto

hey guys! aint been on ere in a while! been a busy little bunny! i gotta serious problem tho, looking for some help! im getting loads of wear on the insides of my tyres at the front, its lowered about 75 mm n i fink its something to do with the camber!?!?!? can any1 tell me how to solve this if there even is a way of sorting it out! ta alex

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

ive heard that if u lower a car more than 60mm then u have to adjust the camber bcoz of the way the wheels sit on the ground, so i guess that cud be it?

dont take that as gospel tho- cud be the tyre pressures ure running, or if u take corners too fast and get masses of understeer 24/7

mk1 proto

i do drive quite heavilly but its onlt a 1149cc so i cant be giving then too much abuse surely! do you know id there is any way of curing this problem?? after looking closely at the wheel and how it sits on the road it seems that the inside edge is on the ground but the outside isnt! is this the camber problem??

DEFINATLY!

if the wheels do not sit flat with the weight of the car then u gotta get the camber sorted out m8

take it down a decent garage and say can i have the camber changed.. lol i dunno wait for some replys from some more knowledgable peep!

but its defo the camber, and not ure tyre pressures.

Its camber as they said, wear from the incorrect pressures is either in the middle if over inflated, or both edges if under inflated.

Any garage with tracking gear can sort your camber, assuming you have the camber correcting bolts since the std suspension isnt adj.

mk1 proto

ahhhh progress!!! camber correcting bolts???? where from and how much! i take it if i dont have these then it cant be adjusted!?!

Polo + Micra

my mate did this on a fiesta he had

he nearly killed himself when he hit a roundabout at 60 cos of the springs

just a little warning notice

172 Exclusive

You can get camber adjustment bolts from K-Tec.

As for cutting your springs i hope they do not come out on you and your suspoension collapses. Just a warning cos you have f*cked your car up by doing that and turning it into a death trap

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Not that long ago a boy through in Stirling got done for death by dangerous driving when he lost control due to suspension failure- hed chopped his springs.

mk1 proto

thanks for teh warnings guys! i have the srings welded in! they aint going nowhere! mde sure of that because of that reason!!!! k-tec do some?? if i got my coilovers on would i still need camber correcting bolts??? i am assumong that i will!