ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

offside front, excessive Tyre wear, bearing and camber?

Renaukt Clio Cup Spo
Hi i have a All 172 cup ph2 2002.

I had a slight curb knock recently which incurred a front offside puncture, I had 2 new front Tyres fitted and the offside front has gone below legal within weeks, 1mm 1.6mm 2mm in the treads. The Near side is still reading at 5mm 5mm 5mm.

I have been reading up on camber due to the car being slightly lowered that this could have been an issue but a KTEC mechanic checked set my spring and coil set up and said it was fine after a mechanical check. (Camber Bolts due to be fitted in next 2 weeks)

The wheel bearing on that side also has excessive play which wasn't noted or told to myself when i had the pair of the front matching tyres ones put on, and that offside bearing is almost completely worn, all other 3 are near perfect.

Im aware that lowering a car can introduce slight camber issues but the wear on the tyre and the bearing should not be that not be this excessive?
Could there be a deeper issue from the curb knock? KTEC didn't pick up on anything else.

Should i look into toe?

Any help or suggestions guys :smile:

Regards

Alex

Last edited:

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
I'm having a similar issue. I have camber on the front and went through 2 brand new uniroyals in 4 months. Getting my tracking checked and fixed tomorrow so hopefully cure the tyre wear

BMW M4; S1000 RR
The only thing that you can adjust on a Clio2 suspension system is front toe. Nothing else.

Toe is what makes the wheels point toward each other (toe in) or away from each other (toe out). I forget what it does to the handling characteristics. Slightly increasing the toe in gives you a better turn in I think.

Either way, too much of either (or just as valid) too much on one side, can cause the tyre to experience greater friction than the other 3 tyres while driving normally. If you had a bump big enough to puncture your tyre, chances are your tracking could do with some attention anyway. Take it somewhere local that's reputable and get your tracking done. Don't fall for "4 wheel alignment" b****cks, if there's a major problem with anything other than the toe, there's nothing they can do anyway.