ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yoko AD08r track tyre review, after being on the track (Look worse for wear)

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
That tickled me - street circuit is it Scott? ;)
Haha, in that you are shocked that I tracked the car mate? Or I drive like a girl? [emoji45]

Oh just seen, bloody phone thinking it knows best.

Bedford mate. [emoji23]

Clio 182
Don't know what the fuss is about.....look barely worn to me haha! Outside edge on the front will likely take a hammering, what camber are you running? Rubber on the tyres is just pickup from on track. Proper track rubber tears up far worse than that in no time......a set of yoko a048's fronts will last me two track days before being down to the canvas on the n/side (castle Combe being mainly right hand bends).

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Any chance of a photo where the subject is in focus rather than the driveway?
No. CBA. Think Ive had all the comment i need. Auto focus on a cheap camera- I'm no David Bailey and think i got the idea across.
Thanks for all the comments, most were really helpful and set my (Novice) mind at rest :smile:

PH2 172

Attachments

• Pickup 2015-06-10 19.08.11.jpg
    Pickup 2015-06-10 19.08.11.jpg
    680.2 KB · Views: 59
  Clio 182 FF
I know this is late now. I just joined. I'd put another degree of camber front and rear on that set up. They don't look too bad though

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Those tyres are perfectly fine, id expect to see far more rubber pickup after a decent trackday. The ad08r wears very well on track imho, its certainly harder than say an r888, whilst giving far better wear/grip than a road tyre like a michelin pss.
Yup. They're a cracking road/track hybrid tyre really. Even great in the wet.

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
after a month or so of driving on them, they seemed to have cleaned up a bit
They did perform well on the day (Wasnt a full day, just 2 hrs) just surprised how rough they got

They wont last more than about 3 full track days at that rate imo, and thats pricey at around £300 for a new set
Still- no doubt i will find out :)

Silverstone next, then Lydden

Clio RS 172 2002
This is what a tyre looks like after it's had some heat in it -- the whole tread should be soft and gooey from outside to inside! (This is the front left tyre on a clockwise circuit.)

IMG_5996.JPG

Last edited: